Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Wow, geez. I never said Raymond was a bad player. I'm confident he can overcome his slump. I'm just more confident that Berggren can overcome his. Really, who knows. They're both young and inexperienced and will probably make all of our predictions look stupid.

Reactions: Duane Smith

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
LOL. Gotta hate someone I guess.

If anyone's getting overrated, it's Burger. I was surprised when someone told me he's close to 200 now, because he still plays like he weighs 150 soaking wet. 20 hits for the season, those are Cholo stats. Even Zadina beat him in 30 games.

Looking at the team's hit stats, it's really pathetic. Click and sort by hits. This team is so soft.

This is a trash take. Burger is the puck carrier and playmaker on his line. He’s not going to hit the opposing defenseman when Burger has the puck or his linemates have the puck and he’s looking to score.

Reactions: Duane Smith

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
LOL. Gotta hate someone I guess.

If anyone's getting overrated, it's Burger. I was surprised when someone told me he's close to 200 now, because he still plays like he weighs 150 soaking wet. 20 hits for the season, those are Cholo stats. Even Zadina beat him in 30 games.

Looking at the team's hit stats, it's really pathetic. Click and sort by hits. This team is so soft.

Husso with 0 hits? Wings need to get a better Goalie

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Berggren better step up his game, the Wings are becoming a powerhouse and there won't be room for Kubalik clones.

7s8r0h.jpg

I wish this was the Holl and Chiarot signings so badly.

We shouldn’t be worried about anyone! Just enjoy the good vibes, be optimistic that our team is better than it was when we ended the season, and start the completely unreasonable and delusional hype train!

I'm kind of worried, that you're not worried, and to be honest that worries me!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly, his center wasnt even second line quality most of the year and he still pulled that season off. Sens fans are bitching that he didnt fit in or look good now that hes traded, but in a season with Pinto, where he "doesnt look good" or "fit in" he pulled off almost 30 goals and 70 points.

Sens fans only complaining now. During the early part of the trade talks they were talking about all the great things Detroit was going to be giving up to get him, then the second the trade happened he was utter trash player who will only score maybe 15 goals a season.

Sometimes EA is ridiculously easy to ripoff the AI, but there are just as many times where they don't take beyond fair deals. Also, never defending EA all that much as they have lots wrong with them, but the game doesn't have real logic for players that don't want to be on one particular team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It's a little strange how this kid could only legally drink this March, scores 57 and 45 in his first two seasons, but he's already being wrote off as nothing more than an adequate 2nd line player.

For Raymond to accomplish this on such an incomplete roster his first two seasons is genuinely impressive, and unless you're one of the most gloomy folks around, there's zero reason to think as he gets more help around him (a 40 goal sniper should help), that the numbers won't continue to grow.

I think a lot of us are hard on him, and probably a bit unfair at this point. For me, it was the noticeable drop off after the 35 game mark or so his first season, where there was a big drop off on him making great plays that either led to chances or pts. Last year, he never really seemed to have a strong stretch where he was doing a lot over the course of many games. Lots of games where for lack of a better word he looked invisible. To me, having low pts but chances is fine, but low chances and not being noticeable as an offensive player is at least a little to be worried about.

I think he at worst will be a Tatar/Nyquist level, which is a decent player, but if that is what he ends up as, that is a bust to me from what the expectations are. I think he needs to have a similar turnaround like Dylan did from season 2 to season 3 of his career. Dylan had a rough second season, but then turned it back around and Lucas needs to do the same.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I think you are overrating Raymond. Loses puck battles, doesn't go the hard parts of the ice enough. Not strong enough. plays too much on the outside.

He absolutely goes to the hard parts of the ice… kid is a warrior. Idk how you can actually have that take

He needs to shoot more. WAY more

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the thing about Raymond is even with his struggles this past year he's still second in points in his entire draft class so far

could he still end up being a bust relative to expectations? sure, but you could say that about basically the entire draft other than Stutzle at the moment

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
the thing about Raymond is even with his struggles this past year he's still second in points in his entire draft class so far

could he still end up being a bust relative to expectations? sure, but you could say that about basically the entire draft other than Stutzle at the moment

Me saying bust (expectations) is more, because of all the teams we need our top picks not to be way less than expectations. If Raymond is only Tatar level (still good player), that is not great as far as how good we might be.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Tatar was 24 when he first had more points than Raymond had last season. He has only had more points than Raymonds rookie sesson once.

Nyquist has never had more points than Raymonds rookie season, although he would have in his own rookie season at 24 years of age if he played more games.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is a trash take. Burger is the puck carrier and playmaker on his line. He’s not going to hit the opposing defenseman when Burger has the puck or his linemates have the puck and he’s looking to score.

LOL, so you're saying he only plays in the offensive zone? Is he napping when he doesn't the puck?

So he carries the puck, that's now an excuse not to hit? I'm guessing your account got hacked, because that's a dumpster take.

Freakin' Tkachuk had as many hits in the Boston series than Burger had all year. That's despite Jonny throwing 3 hits in his first game. This team is built to be first round fodder, that's gonna get demolish both physically and on the score board.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
LOL, so you're saying he only plays in the offensive zone? Is he napping when he doesn't the puck?

So he carries the puck, that's now an excuse not to hit? I'm guessing your account got hacked, because that's a dumpster take.

Freakin' Tkachuk had as many hits in the Boston series than Burger had all year. That's despite Jonny throwing 3 hits in his first game. This team is built to be first round fodder, that's gonna get demolish both physically and on the score board.

Remind me again how many Cups the entire Tkachuk family has? Not saying we are tough, we aren't, but you are acting like having a Tkachuk means success at post season and to date, Berggren has just as many Cups as their entire family.

Reactions: Steve91

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Last 2-season hits/60:

Kostin 15.86
Veleno 8.65
Rasmussen 7.80
Fischer 6.91
--------------- you can pretty easy see the chrash & bang liners...
Fabbri 5.71
Söderblom 4.96
Perron 4.44
(Copp 3.99 earlier on his career, before the injury)
DeBrincat 3.85
Czarnik 2.96
Sprong 2.90
Larkin 2.49
Raymond 2.27
Compher 1.44
Berggren 1.33
Copp 1.28

Seider 5.67
Chiarot 5.59
Holl 5.57
Edvinsson 4.29
Lindström 3.85
Määttä 3.20
Walman 2.88
Gostisbehere 1.88

Reactions: Stony Curtis

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
When did "playoff hits thrown" become the measure of how tough someone is?

Noel Acciari led the playoffs in hits per game. I'll bet the Lightning and Panther players can't remember any of his hits. I watched every Leaf playoff game and I can't remember any of them.

Now, Sam Bennett was also one of the playoff hit leaders and I gaurantee a lot of his hits were noticed by his opponents. He was trying to run them out of the rink with every hit.

"Hits" stats don't say much about the value of a "hit". Noel Acciari wasn't doing a Konstantinov impression out there. His hits were docile and pointless. That's not tough.

Nicklas Lidstrom didn't hit anybody. He did okay.

Duane Smith

May 31, 2018
He absolutely goes to the hard parts of the ice… kid is a warrior. Idk how you can actually have that take

He needs to shoot more. WAY more
haha, i guess i should have expected nothing less from someone named Raymond23. Carry on.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

First round fodder would be an improvement compared to the last 7 seasons.

Rebuilding is a process.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
First round fodder would be an improvement compared to the last 7 seasons.

Rebuilding is a process.

Indeed.

The problem I have is that the foundation is soft. This team is building the house on 10 ply toilet paper foundation. These wingers that everyone is falling in love with will get traded once the real core (Danielson/Kasper/Ed/Seider/Cossa?) develop into playoff caliber players. I think those players are the foundation, not Ray/Burger/Cat. It feels more like Stevie is collecting assets for the real rebuild, and the roster will look drastically different by the time this team gets to the second round.

I'm optimistic for the season though, at least it'll be watchable as long as Larkin/Cat stay healthy. I'm just not gonna fall in love with players that I don't think will be with the Wings in 4 years. I'll bet either Burger or Ray gets traded. Playoff teams do make big trades to get to the next level, Florida did it last offseason.

Remind me again how many Cups the entire Tkachuk family has? Not saying we are tough, we aren't, but you are acting like having a Tkachuk means success at post season and to date, Berggren has just as many Cups as their entire family.

Yeah, Burger and Matt T are identical players because neither have a Cup. You're absolutely right.

Pretty obvious why Stevie went hard after Kostin, trying to get at least a couple players that can hit. Him and Fischer. Problem is, the opposing defense has nothing to worry about (physically) unless they're playing against the 4th line.

Note: Sprong doesn't hit or play defense despite being a 4th liner.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pretty obvious why Stevie went hard after Kostin, trying to get at least a couple players that can hit. Him and Fischer. Problem is, the opposing defense has nothing to worry about (physically) unless they're playing against the 4th line.

Note: Sprong doesn't hit or play defense despite being a 4th liner.

Haven't you listen the off-season pressers?

I don't remember was is Yzerman presser on Christian Fischer presser, but they said the coaching staff plan is to build a strong cheking line, which could go against ANY opposite line.

This kind of line would be huge for matchups, and that's the PLAN.

If they could matchup opposite TOP line. then this could give us huge matchup advantage.

Our offensive first goes against opposite 2nd, our offensive second line goes against opposite 3rd, our offensive third line goes against opposite 4th.

If you can make this work, that's a heck of a team. Lalonde is planning to complete this.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Haven't you listen the off-season pressers?

I don't remember was is Yzerman presser on Christian Fischer presser, but they said the coaching staff plan is to build a strong cheking line, which could go against ANY opposite line.

This kind of line would be huge for matchups, and that's the PLAN.

If they could matchup opposite TOP line. then this could give us huge matchup advantage.

Our offensive first goes against opposite 2nd, our offensive second line goes against opposite 3rd, our offensive third line goes against opposite 4th.

If you can make this work, that's a heck of a team. Lalonde is planning to complete this.

That's the plan with every team bud, I don't know why that's news to you. It's why Cat/Larkin/Ray doesn't work, because they will get demolished by a checking line. Most teams have physical guys on their 3rd line as well.

Having only one physical line might work if the other 3 lines are HOFers like the Wings Cup teams, but that won't happen again with the salary cap. Look at the Vegas Cup team, everyone besides Theodore was throwing checks and playing physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad