Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
I am happy about the trade but when people are throwing shade about people not being happy about the shit free agents we signed them we are allowed to call BS on that shade.
They’re mostly short term, fairly inexpensive bridge deals designed to hold spots down until the young core pieces are NHL ready and impactful. Yzerman had to spend money to legally ice a team for next season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I went from hoping Boston crapped the bed to get that high pick, to hoping Boston wins the division to screw Ottawa.
Same, and not about screw Ottawa, but don't lose possible high pick in 2025, you never know how things will play out

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
They’re mostly short term, fairly inexpensive bridge deals designed to hold spots down until the young core pieces are NHL ready and impactful. Yzerman had to spend money to legally ice a team for next season.
He didn't have to sign Justin Holl and another 3rd line center.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
It's not a damn Czech purge.

Fun cute little dig, but it's completely freaking coincidental. Hronek was dealt because he wasn't worth the 7M+ contract that was pending for him. Vrana was a space cadet and the Wings gave him away because of it. Kubalik was part of a package to get like Kubalik Deluxe. and Zadina has been a wild disappointment for years.

Seeing as all the Czech players are gone it's technically a purge.
All of these players were unwanted and discarded and you even listed the reasons.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It's not a damn Czech purge.

Fun cute little dig, but it's completely freaking coincidental. Hronek was dealt because he wasn't worth the 7M+ contract that was pending for him. Vrana was a space cadet and the Wings gave him away because of it. Kubalik was part of a package to get like Kubalik Deluxe. and Zadina has been a wild disappointment for years.

Z7HeRxU.png

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Was laughing at this montage when it showed Debrincat putting Chiarot on his ass, I don't remember that. But to be fair I don't remember much about those Ottawa games besides being pissed. *Timestamped*

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Ottawa walking away with a decent deal depends on what they do with DBCs cap space.

In the short term Kubalik + say Tarasenko could be a better fit than DBC. Long term it is a hit but I think they could be fine next year if they spend wisely.

For the Wings its a no brainer as we have few people in the system with DBCs offensice prowess. Discluding Larkin (already a similar producer), we have Lombardi, Ray, and Bergy that look like they may have 60+ point potential consistently. Kasper and Danielson could also get there but they feel more like the two way forces on a line than a real driver, but I felt similarly about Larkin and he developed into one.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Ottawa walking away with a decent deal depends on what they do with DBCs cap space.

In the short term Kubalik + say Tarasenko could be a better fit than DBC. Long term it is a hit but I think they could be fine next year if they spend wisely.

For the Wings its a no brainer as we have few people in the system with DBCs offensice prowess. Discluding Larkin (already a similar producer), we have Lombardi, Ray, and Bergy that look like they may have 60+ point potential consistently. Kasper and Danielson could also get there but they feel more like the two way forces on a line than a real driver, but I felt similarly about Larkin and he developed into one.
I'm not saying you're wrong. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. But what leads you too the conclusion that Berggren is likely to score in that range but Kasper is not?

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Kasper and Danielson could also get there but they feel more like the two way forces on a line than a real driver, but I felt similarly about Larkin and he developed into one.
I feel Kasper will be more of a line driver than Berggren. Kasper really reminds me of Zetterberg.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I'm not saying you're wrong. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. But what leads you too the conclusion that Berggren is likely to score in that range but Kasper is not?
Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior who zambonis the ice as he skates over it.

He's bigger and stronger than Hank. Betterberg
Can he put the team on his back tho?

• Love
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kasper's getting overrated, I hate him now.

LOL. Gotta hate someone I guess.

If anyone's getting overrated, it's Burger. I was surprised when someone told me he's close to 200 now, because he still plays like he weighs 150 soaking wet. 20 hits for the season, those are Cholo stats. Even Zadina beat him in 30 games.

Looking at the team's hit stats, it's really pathetic. Click and sort by hits. This team is so soft.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
LOL. Gotta hate someone I guess.

If anyone's getting overrated, it's Burger. I was surprised when someone told me he's close to 200 now, because he still plays like he weighs 150 soaking wet. 20 hits for the season, those are Cholo stats. Even Zadina beat him in 30 games.

Looking at the team's hit stats, it's really pathetic. Click and sort by hits. This team is so soft.
Oh no, Johnny Burgers is not merely a super star.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad