Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I love Shannon. His videos make me want to try to make YouTube content again.
Let us know if you do!

Happy with the trade and excited to see how the team shapes up next year. I think we do better than OTT with the current roster. Nice depth and some top line talent.

Selfishly loving all the crow eating from the main board and OTT fans.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'm not a Kane fan, so this pains me to say, but I think Detroit is one of the better fits for him assuming he wants market value.

Detroit can pay him fair value.
Detroit has one of his best buds now.
Detroit isn't desperate for him to play at the start of the season as he recovers from his surgery rehab.
Detroit can easily move him at the deadline to a contender of his choice with salary retention.

If you're a contender, you can't sign Kane to more than $5 million, clog up your cap, and potentially fall down the standings waiting for him to return.

So...I'm not counting on it, but Detroit is one of those teams uniquely poised to take advantage of a short-term deal on a veteran like Kane.
Yeah, Patty Kane is a greezy bastard. I can't argue with the points you made about him being a tenable signing; I just don't think I can handle the image of him in a Wings sweater.

I will say he probably is the greatest player from the U.S. but I hate him and I hate his ass-face! (Waiting for Guffman reference, for the uninitiated).

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I will say he probably is the greatest player from the U.S.

He absolutely is. And yeah, not a fan of that.

Eichel was supposed to be the great hope to supplant him, and that was a lovely playoffs he had, but now he has to do that like 5-6 more times.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I am happy about the trade but when people are throwing shade about people not being happy about the shit free agents we signed them we are allowed to call BS on that shade.

Fair enough man. Just wish we could dunk on other fans trashing us for a few hours instead of fighting amongst ourselves.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Man, can't we be happy for like 1 day before we go back to the FA talk. Christ

give-them-moment.gif

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, Patty Kane is a greezy bastard. I can't argue with the points you made about him being a tenable signing; I just don't think I can handle the image of him in a Wings sweater.

I will say he probably is the greatest player from the U.S. but I hate him and I hate his ass-face! (Waiting for Guffman reference, for the uninitiated).
Yeah I get that. Honestly I don't like Kane but if he made the team better I'd be ok with it. HIs hip is certainly a large question mark. I'd certainly rather have him than someone like friggin Bunting.

But I've also been a Wings fan since before they traded for Chelios. If I can get over Chelios being a Red Wing, I can tolerate almost anyone becoming a Red Wing.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
He absolutely is. And yeah, not a fan of that.

Eichel was supposed to be the great hope to supplant him, and that was a lovely playoffs he had, but now he has to do that like 5-6 more times.
I'd say Jack Hughes will the dude to take the reigns.

At any rate, I'm pretty pleased with the realgud U.S. player we added today :thumbu:

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Why not? Larkin is signed, Seider and Raymond will be in 4 years into contracts that's aren't ELC, Edvinsson should be a regular, Cossa as well Kasper, Danielson. Thats are core group that has been drafted. If they trend where they are supposed to than pretty sure that is the plan. That's drafting for a high end starter, Larkin as the face of the franchise and Captain still, Norris potential defenseman. What else do we expect exactly? Either that or nobody can bitch when we trade off the first high end prospect we have right now. Larkin will be what a 19 year vet? Maybe that's not said out loud or I'm really missing something. 5 years from now Larkin is past his prime.
I hear you. I love Larkin but I feel they need a top center. I think most people think so too.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Yeah I get that. Honestly I don't like Kane but if he made the team better I'd be ok with it. HIs hip is certainly a large question mark. I'd certainly rather have him than someone like friggin Bunting.

But I've also been a Wings fan since before they traded for Chelios. If I can get over Chelios being a Red Wing, I can tolerate almost anyone becoming a Red Wing.
I got over Chelios. I could probably get over Kane. I could not get over Todd Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
Every year I say we’re going to make the playoffs (whether I believe it or not), but now I can put some heart behind it. What a feeling. Now for contending before Cat’s contract is up:

Kasper(22*) Larkin(30) Raymond(24)
Cat(29) Danielson(21*) Mazur(24)
Ras(27) Compher(31) Berggren (25)
Veleno(26) Copp(32) Soderblom(25)
Hanas(24) Lombardi(23) Buch(22*)
James(23*) Kostin(27)

Walman(30, needs extension) Seider(25)
Edvinsson(23) ASP(21*)
Wallinder(23) X
Johansson(25)
Buium(23)

Husso(31, needs ext)
Cossa(23*)

That’s a really great group. Asterisk beside players who will or could be on ELC. If Seider and Ray get under contract for 14-16M combined, plus a decent chunk for the rest, we’re still looking at about 20M in cap space if the cap goes up by 10M by the 26/27 year. A first and second rounder every year before then.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
love it

Debrincat Larkin Perron
Rasmussen Copp Raymond
Berggren Compher Sprong
Fabbri Veleno Kostin

That may sadly be the deepest our forwards have been since 2008-09.

Now I’m hoping for another miracle trade to get rid of Chiarot and get a legit top 4 RD in his place.

Reactions: Realgud

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I understand ppl r excited and happy cuz we've sucked for 7 yrs but were not winning squat in the next 4 yrs and well never win a cup with Larkin and debrincat leading the way

Debrincat will come back again asking for 9 longterm. He might get dealt before midway though for all we know

Why exactly can't we win with Larkin? He plays 2 way and put up good pts with little help.

Reactions: Henkka

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

I’m still not getting over the chelios signing 🤷‍♂️ lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad