Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
:laugh:

c'mon man stop posting this garbage screen grab everywhere.
I'm just addressing those that believe it is wholly inconceivable that Kubalik could ever deign to approach the lofty heights of one DeBrincat. If those truths make some uncomfortable... just don't bring it up.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ah yeah, got me. Those stat lines from four years ago seal the deal.

Notice Kubalik's 19.1 shooting percentage, by the way?
About as relevant as those from the '21-'22 season, ya.
I did. Especially as it was one row right above DeBrincat's 8.7.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm just addressing those that believe it is wholly inconceivable that Kubalik could ever deign to approach the lofty heights of one DeBrincat. If those truths make some uncomfortable... just don't bring it up.
It's not like Kubalik was playing with f***ing Czarnik that year dude. He played with Toews most of the time who had 60 points in 70 games.

1688962841127.png

1688962860583.png

Something something BUT THE DEPLOYMENT

Reactions: jaster and Oddbob

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Correct me if I am wrong, but based on the 1st round pick conditions, there is a theroretical chance the Wings dont pick in the first round next year. A slim one, but one none the less.
If Boston craters into one of the worst teams in the league, we would probably send our first, especially if we made a playoff run.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I am worried about is production dip last year without Kane, and they may be a bit small in the top 6, but at that price it is a move that can payoff.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
:laugh:

Okay man

You're seeming like a clown with this whole Debrincat is small Kubalik shit, but I won't stop the show.

Debrincat less effective with rookie centers, got it. Thanks for the data.
People don't f***ing read, dude. They just don't. They see one two words and fly off the handle.

Here is the quote in question. "Here's hoping coach uses him, otherwise we paid a hefty price for a shorter Kubalik."

You see those bold words there in front of the comma? If DeBrincat got less than 15 minutes a night mostly with some combination of Copp/Veleno/Suter as his center he'd be hard pressed to score 20+25. And it's not like Lalonde has a great track record with small defensively suspect offensive forwards. His paycheck might stem the BS a bit, but again. If he's asked to "manage his game" good luck getting 40+ goals.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
People don't f***ing read, dude. They just don't. They see one two words and fly off the handle.

Here is the quote in question. "Here's hoping coach uses him, otherwise we paid a hefty price for a shorter Kubalik."

You see those bold words there in front of the comma? If DeBrincat got less than 15 minutes a night mostly with some combination of Copp/Veleno/Suter as his center he'd be hard pressed to score 20+25. And it's not like Lalonde has a great track record with small defensively suspect offensive forwards. His paycheck might stem the BS a bit, but again. If he's asked to "manage his game" good luck getting 40+ goals.
Kubalik in 283 NHL games has 82 goals and scores a goal every .29 games and is at .57 ppg. DeBrincat in 450 NHL games has 187 goals and scores a goal ever .42 games and is at .83 ppg.

He is a better goal scorer and passer in a considerable sample size. He should be our 1st line left winger, that is his role on this team. We actually did see Kubalik in the LW role on the Larkin line at times last year. I think you're going to see a big upgrade with DeBrincat there for Larkin and Raymond. He will finish a lot of their plays and hit them driving the net in terms of something he does very well.

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Kubalik in 283 NHL games has 82 goals and scores a goal every .29 games and is at .57 ppg. DeBrincat in 450 NHL games has 187 goals and scores a goal ever .42 games and is at .83 ppg.

He is a better goal scorer and passer in a considerable sample size. He should be our 1st line left winger, that his role on this team. We actually did see Kubalik in the LW role on the Larkin line at times last year. I think you're going to see a big upgrade with DeBrincat there for Larkin and Raymond. He will finish a lot of their plays and hit them driving the net in terms of something he does very well.
I actually like Kubalik a lot but he's an extremely one-dimensional player -- one of the most one-dimensional players I can remember playing for the Wings.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
So count me in with the camp who didnt want Cat at all at the rumored asking price for the trade or for the extension price...but Holy Shit, for this trade package and for 4 years, sign me up! I was busy all day but I saw a bunch of texts from my buddy and originally he texted the 1st, Berggren, Sebrango and another pick and i was a little sad. But then I saw the actual deal! You take that all day and run! The flexibilty is key, if he becomes a cornerstone, great, resign him after 4 years. If he just ends up as a high scoring defensive black hole who cant hack it later in the playoffs, let him walk or ship him off at a deadline. You cant go wrong with what the package price or contract ended up as!

Oh, and I also noticed the Czech experiment is over. All shipped off...no wonder we took Danielson. Im guessing Dvorsky and Sale were nowhere on the list.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So count me in with the camp who didnt want Cat at all at the rumored asking price for the trade or for the extension price...but Holy Shit, for this trade package and for 4 years, sign me up! I was busy all day but I saw a bunch of texts from my buddy and originally he texted the 1st, Berggren, Sebrango and another pick and i was a little sad. But then I saw the actual deal! You take that all day and run! The flexibilty is key, if he becomes a cornerstone, great, resign him after 4 years. If he just ends up as a high scoring defensive black hole who cant hack it later in the playoffs, let him walk or ship him off at a deadline. You cant go wrong with what the package price or contract ended up as!

Oh, and I also noticed the Czech experiment is over. All shipped off...no wonder we took Danielson. Im guessing Dvorsky and Sale were nowhere on the list.

time for phase two now where Yzerman finds out which players have ever been there at all even to visit and gets rid of them as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad