Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I was fishing with my dad when I got the Athletic alert. Taking him out for fathers day(surgery, weather, first day it worked out)

"Hey dad, Detroit got Debrincat"

"Who?"

"That guy I told you about? The guy from Michigan that scores? They signed him to a great deal too, 4 years or so"

"Oh yeah, him...hope he helps"

Couple casts later.

Dad:

"So is he bringing his cat?"

EDIT: walking the shore at Kensington....didn't catch anything.

Last edited:

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Barring injury bug, this is undoubtedly a playoff team.

Replacing Bertuzzi, Kubalik, Zadina with Debrincat, Compher, Sprong, Fischer, and Kostin significantly improves both the offensive floor and ceiling. Factor in the expected jump in development from guys like Raymond, Berggren, Veleno, Soderblum, Ras; plus the potential addition of a hot Kasper, Mazur, Lombardi in GR (though not necessarily expected or likely), this is a playoff caliber forward group.

The defensive group has improved (on paper) as well. We’d still expect a year 3 jump from Seider, if you can imagine that. Walman seems to still be scratching the surface on his potential too. Sub Ghost for Hronek, and Maata will Maata. Holl signing still up for debate, but he’s easily better than any 6th D they put out last year. Also, you could do worse than a Chiarot as (arguably) your worst defenseman. Again, looking at the pipeline in GR, there’s going to be a few names where if you told me they are up with the big club at any point during the season, I would not be shocked.

Trending up are the Wings. Caps, Pens, Flyers, and even Tampa are trending down.

Reactions: Henkka

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
How the hell are we going to get him?
Vancouver seems like a disaster, there have been rumors in the past that he wants out, and the Wings have a boatload of high-end prospects and cap space. Just have to hope the stars align at some point in the next couple years.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver seems like a disaster, there have been rumors in the past that he wants out, and the Wings have a boatload of high-end prospects and cap space. Just have to hope the stars align at some point in the next couple years.
Yeah, but what are the odds that Detroit finds a way to deal for a high-end offensive player without breaking the bank in either the trade or the subsequent contract?

Oh wait. :D

1kft04.jpg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
4 years take DCat to age 29. Right around when the picks by Yzerman are all off their elc. So, if DCat is a 35 goal guy each season is it likely he remains a wing when this deal is done?

You can pay an elite winger but you want to take care of your Top C and D first. Then see if it makes sense to sign your scoring wingers. But I am not sure I’d classify DCat as an elite W like I would a kucherov, Kane, Pastrnak. He’s a level below them.

Value wise it was a good move to make. With a 4 year deal, seems more setup to get the most out of his 20’s and probably say goodbye when the contract expires.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Pretty amazing deal for a young scorer, unheard of really. Wasn't really pushing for the trade but at this price it's hard to argue. Basically only gave up a first for a young top liner. One thing is for sure our power play just got 300% better. Honestly missing the first already but the deal does not happen without it. Yzerman is the king of capitalizing on a buy low opportunity. I just hope we make the trade count now by making that first the worst it can be. Should be starting to go for the playoffs now.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Can anyone here speak Czech? Apparently Kubalik was at an awards show last week and absolutely trashed Detroit. It would be in this clip at the 27:30 mark but its in Czech…

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I’m not convinced EP is back to the way he was. He had a decent bounce back season. If he keeps it up and wants out of Van then I’d say fork it out.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I’m not convinced EP is back to the way he was. He had a decent bounce back season. If he keeps it up and wants out of Van then I’d say fork it out.
He scored 34 more points than he ever has and he's not back to the way he was? Of course he's not back to the way he was. He's better than he ever has been.

Lol, imagine thinking Kubalik is nearly as good as this guy.

1688962314977.png

Deployment is a MFer...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad