Speculation: DEADLINE DALLAS: Dream Defenseman Destination? Discuss.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
I would be okay with moving the first if it has a condition such as if Stars make the West Finals 2024 Second turns to a First. Maybe something like:

Dellandrea + Conditional 2024 2nd (2024 1st if Stars make West Finals) for Tanev (50% retained)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Here's a thought: What about acquiring Erik Johnson from the Sabres for peanuts?

He f***ing sucks, but using the Colorado model, we just acquire him to play against the Avs in the playoffs and run off of sheer spite and vengeance.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If that's who we're looking at dear god we better get Tanev. Murphy is awful and has 2 years remaining... Lyubushkin is a lateral Hakanpaa replacement (surprise, they would both play!)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
l!!
Chris Tanev
Ilya Lyubushkin
Connor Murphy

In that order of priority

The price for Hanifin is psychotic

This is what I was told just now as who are targets are.
That list gets depressing fast.
But this is the team that signed Suter, so we shouldn't be surprised

Reactions: starsfan86

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Surprised Walker from the flyers wouldn't be a 2nd or 3rd option.

Perhaps his availability is reduced in the back of the flyers recent blue line injuries and now a genuine shot at the playoffs

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah Walker is looking real, real good right about now. Possibly too good hauling the Flyers into the playoffs.

Lindell-Walker would rock

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
If that's who we're looking at dear god we better get Tanev. Murphy is awful and has 2 years remaining... Lyubushkin is a lateral Hakanpaa replacement (surprise, they would both play!)

I mean, Connor Murphy would be a good pickup, I don't think the Hawks do him any favors.

I would rather they give up some peanuts for Murphy than some actual elephants for Tanev.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Yeah. Gotta love that career -63 he brings.

Gotta love guys who get saddled with playing for bottom dwelling teams their entire career... and having acceptable seasons when they aren't total garbage.

He might appreciate playing for a good club for once in his career.

I mean, do we all hate Bryce Salvador clones?

Also you know who was a career minus? Karlis Skrastins and we appreciated him while he was with the organization.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I would be fine with Tanev and Lyubushkin with the idea of moving Hakanpaa out. I do think Lyubushkin is an upgrade although a small one over Hakanpaa especially with how poor jani has played this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad