Speculation: DEADLINE DALLAS: Dream Defenseman Destination? Discuss.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
You guys are making this way too big a deal. Put yourself in his shoes playing in a foreign country at the age of 20. He went back home for half a season, its really not a big deal.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Does he have a contract with the Stars organization?

Did he start the year with the organization?

Where is he playing now?
And he's playing exactly where his contract says he can play. He's still with the organization just the same way any number of prior European draft picks have been while they played in Europe.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You guys are making this way too big a deal. Put yourself in his shoes playing in a foreign country at the age of 20. He went back home for half a season, its really not a big deal.
Hes still playing in another foreign country

And he's playing exactly where his contract says he can play. He's still with the organization just the same way any number of prior European draft picks have been while they played in Europe.
How many Euros left the Stars org mid season to go home by choice?

Reactions: piqued

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How many Euros left the Stars org mid season to go home by choice?
He didn't leave the Stars organization. He left the AHL team.

Miro signed his ELC and still went back to Finland to play a year there vs playing in the AHL. I don't remember a panic about him and the Stars agreeing on that path.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He didn't leave the Stars organization. He left the AHL team.

Miro signed his ELC and still went back to Finland to play a year there vs playing in the AHL. I don't remember a panic about him and the Stars agreeing on that path.
He left the Stars org - he forfeit opportunities to be called up (unlike coachbus warriors Pouliot and Petrovic)

Miro didn't start that year with the Texas Stars and leave to go back home mid season- not a comparable situation

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Let's change the subject. Is Seguin our version of Mark Stone? out for the whole regular season comes back day 1 of playoffs?

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Thats contract is not affordable or adviceable beyond this season unless the Pens retain a good chunk.
Let’s say they don’t retain which I think you can get the to eat some that money but that’s 10 million. You have Hakanpaa, smith, pavelski, duchene coming off. That’s 9 million. You could buyout Suter and move Faksa. Benn comes off the following year. Also, the cap is going up. Yes, it’s a big chunk but the guy is worth it.

It can be done. The kids in the AHL are ready. I also think you can bring duchene back. Don’t think he will ask for the moon.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Let’s say they don’t retain which I think you can get the to eat some that money but that’s 10 million. You have Hakanpaa, smith, pavelski, duchene coming off. That’s 9 million. You could buyout Suter and move Faksa. Benn comes off the following year. Also, the cap is going up. Yes, it’s a big chunk but the guy is worth it.

It can be done. The kids in the AHL are ready. I also think you can bring duchene back. Don’t think he will ask for the moon.
Have a feeling Suter is bought out after this season.

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Probably. But I think if they wanted to roll three solid lines he would do well in the "third" pair as part of a shutdown-type line. His PK numbers are solid, too. The Suter - Lundkvist line is actually 65th in xGoals Differential out of 228 lines with at least 100 minutes played- and Lundkvist's best pairing in that department. 79 out of 228 in xGoals Against.

LineTypeMinutesGamesxGoals %xGoals ForxGoals AgainstxGoals ForxGoals AgainstxGoals Differential
SuterLundkvistD
190.5​
28​
52.60%​
8.2​
7.4​
2.58​
2.33​
0.25​
HarleyLundkvistD
169.8​
36​
50.60%​
7.8​
7.6​
2.76​
2.69​
0.07​
LindellLundkvistD
151.1​
33​
45.80%​
6.5​
7.7​
2.58​
3.06​
-0.48​

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I agree. Some think Nill makes nothing but bad decisions, but given the balance of long term and immediate needs, he really will be able to convince himself to do it. If they happen to win the SC, I suspect Pavs and Suter will voluntarily retire, so let's hope for that (for a few reasons) If they don't, Nill can buy them out.

Reactions: Dallasman

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I agree. Some think Nill makes nothing but bad decisions, but given the balance of long term and immediate needs, he really will be able to convince himself to do it. If they happen to win the SC, I suspect Pavs and Suter will voluntarily retire, so let's hope for that (for a few reasons) If they don't, Nill can buy them out.
There is no chance barring injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad