Confirmed with Link: David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois to the Hawks for a 2nd (2014)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pretty happy with this trade. Takes some of the sting out of the Pirri trade who I had far higher than was realistic. Dont think Pirri would be Brandon Bochenski v2 but its moot now.

Runblad would have probably projected higher than any other d man available at 59 in this years draft. Hawks also need RD pipeline depth. Could be Dahlbeck/Runblad future pairing. Leddy/Johns.

Why are you happy?

What role does Rundblad serve? What has he shown at this point to show he is worth anything more then a late round pick?

This is awful move at this point and makes zero sense

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Why are you happy?

What role does Rundblad serve? What has he shown at this point to show he is worth anything more then a late round pick?

This is awful move at this point and makes zero sense

Because his ceiling is Mike Green? I'm not saying Rundblad will work out; I haven't seen much of him recently. Nobody has. But the fact that you aren't allowing for the possibility that he could turn into a serviceable PP guy at the minimum is just more of your tired pessimism based on absolutes that have little bearing on how things actually work.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Here is absolute fact

He is 10th best option for Hawks at this point on blueline and it is an absolute joke to move a 2nd round pick for a guy who will be nothing more then 8th dman at this point on NHL roster

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I love the Bowman can do no wrong crowd here

I like Bowman but this deal is rotten and the continued hole at #2C is a blight on his resume (5 years as GM and he has not found an #2C)

Maybe Bowman should trade the Hawks 1st rounder for a #14 forward at this ,, Makes as much sense as this move

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I like Bowman but this deal is rotten and the continued hole at #2C is a blight on his resume (5 years as GM and he has not found an #2C)

Maybe Bowman should trade the Hawks 1st rounder for a #14 forward at this ,, Makes as much sense as this move

lol wut. I'm in the Bowman can do no wrong crowd? I was railed for HATING the Bickell contract when it was signed. I'm just open to giving a 23 year old with good wheels, a good shot, and great playmaking ability a chance.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Yes such a blight....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
lol wut. I'm in the Bowman can do no wrong crowd? I was railed for HATING the Bickell contract when it was signed. I'm just open to giving a 23 year old with good wheels, a good shot, and great playmaking ability a chance.

He is 8th dman on roster now ,, And stands no chance to be anything more then a reserve next year

What chance do you speak of? This deal makes no sense unless Leddy is traded

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He is 8th dman on roster now ,, And stands no chance to be anything more then a reserve next year

It makes perfect sense. He'll be the 7th defenseman next year, then Oduya will move on the year after, Leddy will move up to 2nd pairing with Hjalmarsson, and Rundblad will slot in on the 3rd pairing probably with Johns or a veteran stay at home guy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I don't think Bowman would have brought him in if he didn't see him playing ahead of Brookbank.

And I'd love next week's lottery numbers while you're divining what next years defense is going to look like.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC

You're saying we could find ice time for a guy like Mike Kostka but not David Rundblad?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You're saying we could find ice time for a guy like Mike Kostka but not David Rundblad?

So 2 more years of Rundblad barely playing hockey and somehow developing ,, Sounds like a smart plan :shakehead

Guy is a trainwreck on ice ,, Sitting in press box for 2 more years is hardly best way to turn him into a simple wreck

And Kostka played 9 games for Hawks ,, Some at forward so not sure that is really finding ice time

hockeyjohns12

Feb 25, 2014
Rundblad has no future with Hawks. He isn't replacing any of our current 7 dmen nor is he better option next year then Dahlbeck and Clendening

I completely agree..Doesn't make sense to me when they already have Clendening who is a younger/better version & has proved himself for the past two seasons...

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
So 2 more years of Rundblad barely playing hockey and somehow developing ,, Sounds like a smart plan :shakehead

Guy is a trainwreck on ice ,, Sitting in press box for 2 more years is hardly best way to turn him into a simple wreck

And Kostka played 9 games for Hawks ,, Some at forward so not sure that is really finding ice time

Replace Kostka's name with Brookbank and this year's version of Michal Roszival and the point still stands.

The #6 spot is a carousel. Rundblad will be more than a reserve.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Replace Kostka's name with Brookbank and this year's version of Michal Roszival and the point still stands.

The #6 spot is a carousel. Rundblad will be more than a reserve.

Rundblad has shown himself to be not worthy of NHL icetime in both Ottawa and Pho ,, Both Franchise realized he was wasted cause and moved on

member 151739

Rundblad has shown himself to be not worthy of NHL icetime in both Ottawa and Pho ,, Both Franchise realized he was wasted cause and moved on

St. Louis was given up on by the Senators and Flames before blossoming on the Lightning.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not even going to give him a chance.

If this deal made any sense then I wouldn't be so livid

But it doesn't.. He wont play much for Hawks and wont develop watching games from press box for next 2 years

If no Leddy deal happens this makes zero sense ,, And it will even more a disaster of deal when Dahlbeck or Clendening outplay him next camp and steal his roster spot entirely

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I don't call 23 year olds busts. Also its hard to call anything that only cost a 2nd round pick a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad