Confirmed with Link: David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois to the Hawks for a 2nd (2014)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Kesler for Leddy works is VAN retains 50% (Leddy is 2.7M, 50% of Kesler is 2.5M so that trade actually saves the Hawks cap space). With the direction the Canucks are going they would probably rather retain part of Kesler's salary then take on Bickell if they're dealing with the Hawks, especially if the Hawks sweeten the pot as compensation.

If Vancouver retains half of his salary, then the Hawks have to kick in more.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just like Pirri, essentially.

Remember, the Hawks 2nd and the Panthers 3rd are basically gonna be the same thing. I'd rather take my chances with a guy who looks to have the tools to play in this league that a crapshoot late 2nd rounder.

And no, this isn't "his big move". He's probably not making one. But sometimes when you see value at the deadline, you pounce on it, even if it's a move with the future more so in mind.

What tools?

He has been given up on by 3 organizations already and has been downright pathetic in NHL action

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
If Vancouver retains half of his salary, then the Hawks have to kick in more.

Agreed. If the Nucks are dealing with the Hawks they will have to match salary one way or another and it would seem mutually beneficial to do that by VAN retaining salary. Then the Hawks keep key players for a Cup run and the Canucks get a better return. Plus Bickell would cost 12M over the next 3 years vs 5M or so over 2 years in retaining Keslers hit, so given the choice of the two I would imagine retaining is preferable to taking Bickell.

Of course this is all in a hypothetical world were Stan is looking to make a huge deadline splash and the Canucks view the Hawks as their best trade partner.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
What tools?

He has been given up on by 3 organizations already and has been downright pathetic in NHL action

Have you actually watched him play? Even a little bit? Or just doing your usual hyper-dramatic, overexaggeration spaz tantrum routine based on little to no actual objective basis to have a legitimate, intelligent opinion?

People who actually watched him play on a daily basis spoke highly of him and while not overly meaningful in the grand scheme of things, lead the team in points this past preseason. Hall of Fame-bound based on that? No. "Downright pathetic in NHL action"? Gimme a break. Take a breather, pop a pill, and relax, man. Life is going to be ok.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Crazy Ike, Sir, I owe you an Internet apology.

It's too bad we didn't shake on that bet though. You'd be $100 richer ($90 Canadian)

Honestly this barely qualifies as a trade. I might end up actually doing work tomorrow after all.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wow he led them in pts for preseason ,, OMG what a stud

Seriously he cant play defense and Tippett a guy who can get production out of any dman gave up on him. There is nothing worth salvaging ,, Not to mention he is as of now the 10th best defensive option in Hawks organization right now

As for games ,, Saw very brief highlights as Yotes are never on TV

Usually his highlights involved terrible tunrovers and then being banished to bench by Tippett

Dylan Olsen has shown more then Rundblad ,, Hawks gave up a 2nd round pick for a guy who cant even hold Dylan Olsen's jock

Its a joke of a trade if the Hawks have nothing up sleeve today ,, Actually even if Hawks did make a move this trade is still horrendous

Rundblad has no future with Hawks. He isn't replacing any of our current 7 dmen nor is he better option next year then Dahlbeck and Clendening

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Have you actually watched him play? Even a little bit? Or just doing your usual hyper-dramatic, overexaggeration spaz tantrum routine based on little to no actual objective basis to have a legitimate, intelligent opinion?

Actually, an objective basis would not be based on watching someone play. It would be an amalgamation of all possible sources, including past performances, the return he has garnered in trades, how much he is making, his statistics, who he was ahead of and behind on depth charts, who he was playing with, what roles he was used in, and many other things. Many of these things happen because of subjective analysis by people being paid to do these things, especially GMs and coaches, and properly analyzing THESE things allows people who are not on the inside - fans - to actually get a pretty darn good idea of the value or ability of a player without ever actually seeing him in action.

Just "watching him play" is the absolute opposite of objective reasoning. It is subjective at its most pure form.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
This trade makes very little sense to me but I'm gonna trust Bowman and his pro scouting staff on this one. They must have seen something in Rundblad's game to warrant giving up a 2nd round pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This trade makes very little sense to me but I'm gonna trust Bowman and his pro scouting staff on this one. They must have seen something in Rundblad's game to warrant giving up a 2nd round pick.

They threw away a pick on a poor asset who has no role on Hawks now or in future

Seriously Clendening and Dahlbeck are already better then him ,, And younger

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I'm a little puzzled myself, why throw away a second round pick for spare parts. Hawks have had so much success with second round picks, Bolland, Keith, Saad etc. To just throw one away for no reason seems odd. It's not even a depth move its just plain dumb. I hate second guessing Bowman cause he has made savvy deals in his time here but...?

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Seriously Clendening and Dahlbeck are already better then him ,, And younger

Rundblad is #7 in black in this video, Dahlbeck is #6 in white. :D

(Not saying anything about their respective skill, just thought it was funny.)

I'm hoping he'll do well with you guys but if not I wish he'd come back to europe, it just seems like a waste to have him sitting in an NHL press box when he was such a dominating and hugely entertaining player back on the big ice.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Wow he led them in pts for preseason ,, OMG what a stud

Seriously he cant play defense and Tippett a guy who can get production out of any dman gave up on him. There is nothing worth salvaging ,, Not to mention he is as of now the 10th best defensive option in Hawks organization right now

As for games ,, Saw very brief highlights as Yotes are never on TV

Usually his highlights involved terrible tunrovers and then being banished to bench by Tippett

Dylan Olsen has shown more then Rundblad ,, Hawks gave up a 2nd round pick for a guy who cant even hold Dylan Olsen's jock

Its a joke of a trade if the Hawks have nothing up sleeve today ,, Actually even if Hawks did make a move this trade is still horrendous

Rundblad has no future with Hawks. He isn't replacing any of our current 7 dmen nor is he better option next year then Dahlbeck and Clendening

Looks like BWC has spun the wheel of overreaction and it landed on... drumroll... NEGATIVE! We now have hundreds of hyperbolic negative posts to look forward to! I am so excited!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Actually, an objective basis would not be based on watching someone play. It would be an amalgamation of all possible sources, including past performances, the return he has garnered in trades, how much he is making, his statistics, who he was ahead of and behind on depth charts, who he was playing with, what roles he was used in, and many other things. Many of these things happen because of subjective analysis by people being paid to do these things, especially GMs and coaches, and properly analyzing THESE things allows people who are not on the inside - fans - to actually get a pretty darn good idea of the value or ability of a player without ever actually seeing him in action.

Just "watching him play" is the absolute opposite of objective reasoning. It is subjective at its most pure form.

But what BWC had nothing to do with 'being objective,' he was giving his typical subjective over the top irrational hate on a player he knows essentially nothing about but a few lines of text.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Rundblad is a nice player to have. He has all the tools for sure. The question isn't the talent. It's if he can finally put it on the ice. Chances he helps us is higher than that late 2nd

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I loveeeee this move...there is so much upside with rundblad. I would have traded pirri for rundblad and a 5th in a second and thats essentially what we did. This guys talent is through the roof and it gives up more flexabilty on our D and who we want to keep or trade.

My guess is Leddy, Clendening, Rundblad will be used in a future trade and will eventually be considered for more valuable then the late late 2nd rounder we gave up for him

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I loveeeee this move...there is so much upside with rundblad. I would have traded pirri for rundblad and a 5th in a second and thats essentially what we did. This guys talent is through the roof and it gives up more flexabilty on our D and who we want to keep or trade.

My guess is Leddy, Clendening, Rundblad will be used in a future trade and will eventually be considered for more valuable then the late late 2nd rounder we gave up for him

What talent?

He has shown nothing at NHL level offensively and his D is a trainwreck

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I hope he pans out. Stan and his scouting crew must really see value in this guy to send a 2nd round pick for him.

I don't know if this trade was a security blanket in case he moves Oduya or Leddy for a #2 center, but if not I guess it isn't that bad to have a bunch of young solid puck moving blue liners in your system. And like you said, can always move one or two of them in packages down the road if needed.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Pirri has shown more at NHL level then Rundblad

And it isn't like Rundblad is some 20 yr old kid in need of change ,, He will be 24 shortly

Pirri is one year younger. Also Pirri barely showed anything.

I think he deserved a chance and could have been something for sure, but the similarities between the two are there whether you choose to see them or not.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Pretty happy with this trade. Takes some of the sting out of the Pirri trade who I had far higher than was realistic. Dont think Pirri would be Brandon Bochenski v2 but its moot now.

Runblad would have probably projected higher than any other d man available at 59 in this years draft. Hawks also need RD pipeline depth. Could be Dahlbeck/Runblad future pairing. Leddy/Johns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad