Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
View attachment 907009
View attachment 907010
View attachment 907011
View attachment 907012
View attachment 907013

So after Reinbacher got drafted he was the next Pronger and the #2 after Bedard meanwhile Michkov was an unmotivated bum that would never come to North America. But tonight picking him over Michkov was a disaster and he was horrible value at #5 huh? What made you change your mind? Couldn’t possibly be 1 rookie game right?
I was very wrong about Michkov wanting to stay in Russia. I thought he would be there for 5-6 years like Kaprizov and maybe Putin would pay him to stay longer..

Now i am admitting that I was wrong as were the Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah after reading everyone's posts in the GDT it is apparent that we have a prospect pool full of busts. How dare these kids show up to Camp, practice 2 whole times and play nervous in front of 20,000 people.
I expected they would be disjointed out of the gate. Pascal Vincent said as much in his interview.
They opened the door and let them go which isn't a bad idea it's easy to see a player's base game that way.
It was obvious when they started to adjust to each other and I liked what he did in the third.
He made sure Beck was up against Minten and the puck was 200 ft from our goal for most of their shifts.

Reactions: JianYang and Tyson

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope the fans won't keep watching Michkov highlights, turn around and hate Reinbacher. It needs to stop already, I genuinely feel bad for the kid. He didn't ask for that and being spectacular was never part of his game.

Twitter and even the GDT here were bad today. Shameful.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I was very wrong about Michkov wanting to stay in Russia. I thought he would be there for 5-6 years like Kaprizov and maybe Putin would pay him to stay longer..

I didn't see reinbacher play today and I'm not buying the doom, But I caught a bit of michkov and man he is the real deal he looks so special. Imagine michkov and demidov....

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The score would have been 10-0 if we switched goalies and this place would be planning the parade.
yep outside of a 5 minutes sequence in the middle of the 2nd period after we scored our 2nd goal we dominated that game from A to Z. Only their first line did ok all other 3 lines were dominated. When Hutson was on the ice there was no game just one team playing. Richard's 3 beer league goals skewed the result of this game.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So after watching most of the game again a couple things stood out for me.
Reinbacher was fine very good in fact. I'm still trying to get my head around the strategy of using him so often on the left side in the Dzone. They certainly didn't do that with Mailloux and Hutson.
Did we want to see Engstrom on RD? I hope they switch pairings tomorrow just because.

I paid very close attention to our forwards and there were plenty of issues. Jared Davidson played well but was the lone standout on that line. Xhekaj was terrible on the dot and I didn't like the general lack of offensive creativity from that line. Thorpe scored the one goal but seriously it was all Lane Hutson. I can't recall seeing forwards never mind Dmen pulling off that button hook move after avoiding an off side to keep the play alive 95% would have dumped the puck.

I thought Beck's line was good when matched up against Minten but Vincent didn't play the matchup game for most of the evening. I would have liked Heineman to take the puck to the net on those two occasions he opted to shoot. Farrell had the one assist but was not really in sync with his line mates. They did seem to get better towards the end of the game but we need more from him.

I don't have to tell anyone how passive and useless our PK was. It's easy to blame the goaltender but we allowed them far too much uncontested time and space. Wrong players deployed or just a bad concept over all?

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I think Reimbacher's effective but non-flashy style will be a perfect complement to Hutson, who's as flashy as they get but a nightmare for his defensive partner. Gets caught deep in the O-zone all the time and takes chances at the O blue line... Reinbacher can cover him

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think Reimbacher's effective but non-flashy style will be a perfect complement to Hutson, who's as flashy as they get but a nightmare for his defensive partner. Gets caught deep in the O-zone all the time and takes chances at the O blue line... Reinbacher can cover him
They do seem like a very good pairing...

Quick, someone with photo shop skills do up a DeVito/Arnie "twins" meme

Kidding aside, the smarts of both of them would be the key compliment. The reads off of each other, including of their styles & strengths/weaknesses, could be a match made in hockey heaven.

Reactions: knuck

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
yep outside of a 5 minutes sequence in the middle of the 2nd period after we scored our 2nd goal we dominated that game from A to Z. Only their first line did ok all other 3 lines were dominated. When Hutson was on the ice there was no game just one team playing. Richard's 3 beer league goals skewed the result of this game.

Breakaway goals and deflections don't constitute beer league goals....why indulge in such copium for a meaningless exhibition game? The Habs were the better team but lost the game on goals that would have required heroic stops......it happens.

This is a misconception as the D patrner does not cover up such mistakes, the F3 does this. I see Reinbacher and Guhle becoming an elite shut down pair that also contribute offensively.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Thats one of the reason I wouldnt have problem to keep 8 dman.
Lets making something like :
Matheson / Guhle
Hutson / Savard
Xhekaj / Mailloux
Struble / Barron

And you keep rolling Hutson, Xhekaj, Mailloux, Struble, Barron. Their effectiveness will dictate their icetime.
This is not a problem imo if those guys don’t play all the 82 games
I have a feeling that Xekhaj, Reinbacher would be a better NHL pairing this year.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

You have not admitted anything before being caught on your contradictions.

You simply switched opinions without owning up to anything. Hindsight is cheap.

Edit: it's not even hindsight actually. Its just an incredibly frail opinion that can get swayed by every new information.

Toughen up, kid.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Be great if you want Toronto success.
Honestly I used to think that too but I don't think so anymore. Michkov is too good, has me salivating lol. We'd figure the D out some other way but hopefully reinbacher turns into a stud. He has the tools to become that. For me anything less than a stud D will hurt lol

Reactions: NORiculous

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Honestly I used to think that too but I don't think so anymore. Michkov is too good, has me salivating lol. We'd figure the D out some other way but hopefully reinbacher turns into a stud. He has the tools to become that. For me anything less than a stud D will hurt lol

I don't think Hughes and Gorton ever doubted his talent, there clearly was something that they knew about that told them that he was not right for the culture of this team.

Reactions: cphabs and jrom

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Breakaway goals and deflections don't constitute beer league goals....why indulge in such copium for a meaningless exhibition game? The Habs were the better team but lost the game on goals that would have required heroic stops......it happens.
Double deflection, screened goals going in are "weak" goals consistently in the gdt, so doing that for a prospect not really associated with the team is easy pickin's.

Will have to see how Reinbacher does in pre-season, but starting the season in Laval and ending in Montreal seems like a real possibility.

Between the Habs always getting hurt and potential trades, he will be here by the end of the season I think

Reactions: cphabs

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
So after watching most of the game again a couple things stood out for me.
Reinbacher was fine very good in fact. I'm still trying to get my head around the strategy of using him so often on the left side in the Dzone. They certainly didn't do that with Mailloux and Hutson.
Did we want to see Engstrom on RD? I hope they switch pairings tomorrow just because.

I paid very close attention to our forwards and there were plenty of issues. Jared Davidson played well but was the lone standout on that line. Xhekaj was terrible on the dot and I didn't like the general lack of offensive creativity from that line. Thorpe scored the one goal but seriously it was all Lane Hutson. I can't recall seeing forwards never mind Dmen pulling off that button hook move after avoiding an off side to keep the play alive 95% would have dumped the puck.

I though Beck's line was good when matched up against Minten but Vincent didn't play the matchup game for most of the evening. I would have liked Heineman to take the puck to the net on those two occasions he opted to shoot. Farrell had the one assist but was not really in sync with his line mates. They did seem to get better towards the end of the game but we need more from him.

I don't have to tell anyone how passive and useless our PK was. It's easy to blame the goaltender but we allowed them far too much uncontested time and space. Wrong players deployed or just a bad concept over all?
Have to wonder how much Vincent knows about our prospects, who wouldn't put Beck against the top line?

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Be great if you want Toronto success.
That narrative is weak at best. It all comes down to cap managment. Hughes has shown he is a master at cap management, so far.

Fact is that having a team with no superstar isn’t a sustainable model to compete continuously.

Most team that have been continuously competing for the cup in the last 20+ years, have had 2 or 3. The only except that won a cup is st.Louis, and that was clearly a Cinderella run.

That said, you still need to surround correctly the game breaking players. Learning to win is also hard and takes time. We see this in EDM even if they mismanaged the cap with Nurse.

Just imagine EDM with a cap managed like Hughes is managing the Habs cap…

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
That narrative is weak at best. It all comes down to cap managment. Hughes has shown he is a master at cap management, so far.

Fact is that having a team with no superstar isn’t a sustainable model to compete continuously.

Most team that have been continuously competing for the cup in the last 20+ years, have had 2 or 3. The only except that won a cup is st.Louis, and that was clearly a Cinderella run.

That said, you still need to surround correctly the game breaking players. Learning to win is also hard and takes time. We see this in EDM even if they mismanaged the cap with Nurse.

Just imagine EDM with a cap managed like Hughes is managing the Habs cap…

Fact is Michkov is no superstar but Reinbacher is.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Fact is Michkov is no superstar but Reinbacher is.
Even if I think that in the situation the team was when making the pick, that it was a mistake, I do think Reinbacher will be very useful.

I don’t think calling him a superstar will age well though. Even Hughes said he was a #2 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad