Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
He looked tall and lanky his draft season, last season he took a bit of weight and he looked more stocky. Now he looks even taller and back to lanky which shows he must have had another growth spurt.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
He said he grew to 6 5 himself in a recent interview
1724598446674.gif

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Nice, since quitting the dumpfires team like Kloten, he makes great progression.

We all see his great offensive talent, he have great defensive IQ aswell. Let's him develop his game with Laval.

I really like his passing ability, he can entry the offensive aswell, he have good hands, great skating. His tools are impressive.

Before his draft, I don't see his offensive ability, but since that day, I see high offensive potential in him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice, since quitting the dumpfires team like Kloten, he makes great progression.

We all see his great offensive talent, he have great defensive IQ aswell. Let's him develop his game with Laval.

I really like his passing ability, he can entry the offensive aswell, he have good hands, great skating. His tools are impressive.

Before his draft, I don't see his offensive ability, but since that day, I see high offensive potential in him.
We will see in short order why he was chosen at #5 and why teams tried to trade up to get him. The 11 games I saw down the stretch in Laval showed me alot. He will be a full time Hab by the deadline.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
We will see in short order why he was chosen at #5 and why teams tried to trade up to get him. The 11 games I saw down the stretch in Laval showed me alot. He will be a full time Hab by the deadline.

Yes. When you compare him to Nemec and Levshunov both taking a 2. I don't see huge difference between these 3. Maybe Levshunov have more offensive potential than all 3, but Nemec and Reinbacher are more complete D.

Nemec 1st AHL sesson and Reinbacher 11 games (same age), I see no difference aswell. Yeah Nemec played more, but when you compare them in their 1st Europe season, Reinbacher have been more impressive aswell.

So, that's a great value at 5.

Reactions: Tyson

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Reinbacher Goal 7:05
Rohrer Goal 10:09

lol Reinbacher’s goal was awesome. 2 block shots then off like a shot to start the rush the other way then finishes it off.

If fans can’t see it with him then I don’t know what to tell you.

We’re f***ing lucky to have this guy. Just stop the nonsense that he was a blown pick.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yes. When you compare him to Nemec and Levshunov both taking a 2. I don't see huge difference between these 3. Maybe Levshunov have more offensive potential than all 3, but Nemec and Reinbacher are more complete D.

Nemec 1st AHL sesson and Reinbacher 11 games (same age), I see no difference aswell. Yeah Nemec played more, but when you compare them in their 1st Europe season, Reinbacher have been more impressive aswell.

So, that's a great value at 5.
I think he's going to be better and much harder to play against than Nemec.
They are kind of apples and oranges stylistically David will be the better defender.
I'm waiting to see Levshunov in the Pros some scouts thought he was maxed out already.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
lol Reinbacher’s goal was awesome. 2 block shots then off like a shot to start the rush the other way then finishes it off.

If fans can’t see it with him then I don’t know what to tell you.

We’re f***ing lucky to have this guy. Just stop the nonsense that he was a blown pick.

Seriously... That was a ridiculous sequence.

Positioning, reaction, acceleration, poise, finish. 19yrs old, men's international tourney.

Future is bright 😎

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I think people writes him off the lineup really quick and don't remember that he was close to make the lineup at 18 last year. I think he will make the team
He doesn't need to be rushed and we have too many RHD. Some seasoning in the AHL would be great for him.

I count Guhle as a RHD but we have others like Savard, Barron and Mailloux.

Reactions: rahad

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone who cares about Habs prospects should be subbing/following this creator on here and youtube, as well as liking every video of their videos and posts, even if you don't watch the whole thing. This is a lot of work for something that is as trivial as this really is, and they deserve a lot of credit for making it so easy for the rest of us to easily check up on these kids.

Thank you, fellow Habs fan, I really appreciate these videos,

thanks, it is a lot of work so it's great when posters just click on the links to my vids since I have over 1200 vids I believe as it helps keep the channel going.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I think he's going to be better and much harder to play against than Nemec.
They are kind of apples and oranges stylistically David will be the better defender.
I'm waiting to see Levshunov in the Pros some scouts thought he was maxed out already.
I believe that Jiricek will be a better comparable to Reinbacher in terms of size skill and mobility. It will be fun to see how they compare in few years. But I do not feel that there will be significant difference between Levshunov, Jiricek and Reinbacher.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Michkov could flame out of Philly in epic fashion while Reinbacher wins the Norris next year, and there would STILL be those claiming that Michkov was the right pick.
The whole hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to the draft is so ridiculous because outside of 2-3 picks every 10 years it always is. It's very hard to predict development. Lot of things can happen between 18 and 22. Mental health issues that were not there at 18. Addiction problem that was not there at 18. Lack of normal physical/skills progression. Etc ...

Outside of 2-3 picks every 10 years (McJesus, Bedard, ...) you never know. Even MacKinnon was not a 100% sure bet there was definitely question marks as a 1st overall pick in his first 4 seasons. Some scouts are better at predicting developement but it's far from an exact science and even the best scout batting average is not much more than 15-20%.

I evaluate the draft 4-5 years after the fact. Yes hindsight is almost 20/20 at this point but that's the only way to evaluate properly who did good and not. If Reinbacher becomes the next Pientrangelo offensively and defensively it's going to be a good pick not matter what.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
The whole hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to the draft is so ridiculous because outside of 2-3 picks every 10 years it always is. It's very hard to predict development. Lot of things can happen between 18 and 22. Mental health issues that were not there at 18. Addiction problem that was not there at 18. Lack of normal physical/skills progression. Etc ...

Outside of 2-3 picks every 10 years (McJesus, Bedard, ...) you never know. Even MacKinnon was not a 100% sure bet there was definitely question marks as a 1st overall pick in his first 4 seasons. Some scouts are better at predicting developement but it's far from an exact science and even the best scout batting average is not much more than 15-20%.

I evaluate the draft 4-5 years after the fact. Yes hindsight is almost 20/20 at this point but that's the only way to evaluate properly who did good and not. If Reinbacher becomes the next Pientrangelo offensively and defensively it's going to be a good pick not matter what.
I wish the NHL had used the 2020 season to raise the draft age by another year. It would have been a great opportunity to push it another year out and give teams a greater chance at drafting successfully. The limited number of players who make it to the nhl at age 18 is not enough to justify drafting these kids so young.

Reactions: Sagikev and bsl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad