Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I'd say it's arguable bud, not that I care all that much about Barron anymore since Reinbacher was drafted and is already most likely a better player already which is a testament to how good David possibly actually is

But #3RD right now is most likely Barron with the trade of Kovasevic
And Xhekaj , the other guy we signed to a similar as Barron 2 year deal, is most likely the penciled in #3LD right now with the Harris trade
In my view atm, Struble is #7 and that's great honestly cuz I know how good he can be in a pinch with a bit of NHL experience under the belt

But to go back to the point, I had said 'seemingly locked' as the only 2 people who can take that spot this September are Reinbacher and Mailloux
And I'm trying to imagine and visualize a fun and possible scenario where Reinbacher is SO incredible in training camp somehow, that he takes away 'Barron's spot'

You know what I mean, jellybean?

Arber played as RD at times during his OHL cup run, him being our #3RD would be perfect roster-wise. Clearly he's not there yet, I just hope he becomes good enough to be LD on PK#2 because otherwise it will be hard for him to stay on the team in the coming years.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Arber played as RD at times during his OHL cup run, him being our #3RD would be perfect roster-wise. Clearly he's not there yet, I just hope he becomes good enough to be LD on PK#2 because otherwise it will be hard for him to stay on the team in the coming years.
Personally I've been suggesting Struble as our best leftie option at RD. He looked very solid on that side when he found himself inverted.
I also saw highlights of some very solid play out of him on RD when he was at Northeastern.

Reactions: jrom

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He made some gorgeous passes. Looks like he's primed to take a massive step forward this year. Looks bigger, somehow even more smoother and the offensive toolkit looks more polished.

Yeah, that's what stood out to me. He looks really smooth, rangy and some of the passes were great. He definitely looked like he improved his puck handling.

Is it me or is he looking taller as well ? Looked like the tallest guy on the ice.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah, that's what stood out to me. He looks really smooth, rangy and some of the passes were great. He definitely looked like he improved his puck handling.

Is it me or is he looking taller as well ? Looked like the tallest guy on the ice.
He's 19, so he could have had a bit of a late growth spur. He might have tweaked his skating stance a bit too, it looks a bit more upright to me.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Reinbacher is a beauty.

Haters will regret hating on him, just like they did with Slafkovsky.

Luckily these haters won't have any other prospect to hate now because they'd be damn crazy to hate on Demidov.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Yvan cournoyer was ambidextrous. He once switched hands on a breakaway and scored. My favourite hab of all time. He was a mofo.
Thanks for sharing that. He also had one of the coolest nicknames of all time "The Road Runner". Now that's badass. I was lucky to have met him years ago. He has a great sense of humour. Plus he was one of the only players I've met. Who was just a little shorter than I am.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Excellent tools on this kid, but likely needs some experience and polishing. If we are patient with him, he could develop into a rare kind of player.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Happy to hear Reinbacher is making progress. Is he ready to join the team this season?

Reinbacher is a beauty.

Luckily these haters won't have any other prospect to hate now because they'd be damn crazy to hate on Demidov.
You've reached the maximum allowable "Hates" in one post. Please contact Customer Service for a plan that better suits your needs.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Reinbacher is a beauty.

Don't worry, they will find a way.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Personally I've been suggesting Struble as our best leftie option at RD. He looked very solid on that side when he found himself inverted.
I also saw highlights of some very solid play out of him on RD when he was at Northeastern.

Yeah going into camp, I think we'll come out of camp with the following 7 on opening night:

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Strubke
Barron

But a lot can happen in camp. Mailloux or Reinbacher could steal a spot. Though, I think those two could benefit from some "overdevelpment" in Laval.

Reactions: Saku K and Sagikev

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Happy to hear Reinbacher is making progress. Is he ready to join the team this season?

You've reached the maximum allowable "Hates" in one post. Please contact Customer Service for a plan that better suits your needs.

I think he will join at some point but he may be victim of the waivers game on defense. Likely comes up when we can trade Savard or if we move Barron in a deal, something like that.

Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher are really not that far from the NHL and I wouldn't be surprised if Engstrom looks pretty close too.

Would be kind of fun, even if it's very short lived.. to see Hutson-Reinbacher, Engstrom-Mailloux down in Laval.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Anyone who cares about Habs prospects should be subbing/following this creator on here and youtube, as well as liking every video of their videos and posts, even if you don't watch the whole thing. This is a lot of work for something that is as trivial as this really is, and they deserve a lot of credit for making it so easy for the rest of us to easily check up on these kids.

Thank you, fellow Habs fan, I really appreciate these videos,
Thank you @montreal for all your hard work and effort !

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think he will join at some point but he may be victim of the waivers game on defense. Likely comes up when we can trade Savard or if we move Barron in a deal, something like that.

Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher are really not that far from the NHL and I wouldn't be surprised if Engstrom looks pretty close too.

Would be kind of fun, even if it's very short lived.. to see Hutson-Reinbacher, Engstrom-Mailloux down in Laval.
I don't think it's possible honestly unless Trudeau steal the 7th spot? Or they claim someone off waivers?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

With Mesar, Beck, Kidney, and Xhekaj in front.

Hopefully that Rocket team is healthy enough to make the playoffs.

I don't think it's possible honestly unless Trudeau steal the 7th spot? Or they claim someone off waivers?
I think Trudeau's window of opportunity to make the NHL has closed. He needed to rise to the occasion last year, and he didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad