Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Agreed, I think Habs fans are sleeping on Reinbacher after Slaf's huge second half and the drafting of Demidov and Hage and the emergence of Hutson. He has slipped to the back of the 1st round pick hype line just ahead of Mesar lol.

He was just voted the teams 3rd best prospects almost unanimously here (90%) compared to Mesars 12th place.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I was not saying that he is viewed the same as Mesar, just that he gets buried in the hype that Demidov, Slaf and Hutson have created.

Oh for sure. I agree that he's still very much a high end prospect. He had an excellent stretch in Laval. He covers a lot of ice, on top of his skating, smarts, size. He seems bigger now too.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I agree that he deserves more excitement about his potential but I am not sure that he is anymore than a 50/50 bet to be as good or even better than Guhle. This is not a knock on Reinbacher but an endorsement of the potential that Guhle has to become a true #1.

Guhle is still very young in dman years and easily one of the very best dmen in his age group in the entire league.

I prefer to not pit these kids against each other as it seems pointless when dmen typically develop in such an unpredictable and mercurial manner. All that I know for sure is we are loaded with young defenders who exhibit the potential for very high ceilings.
I didn’t watch enough this year to say where Guhle is at but my gut is telling me he’ll be the better of the 2. I could easily be wrong. It’s a coin flip at this point but to have both on either side is a helluva luxury to have

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
RB and Barron winning opening day roster spots would make for a real interesting shuffle...

with no trade made, Guhle can go back to LD, leaving Xhekaj/Hutson/Stubble/Harris to battle out the last LD spot (and X or Harris relegated to 7th).

Guhle - Savard
Matheson - RB
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris

hutson/strubble starting in the A

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I didn’t watch enough this year to say where Guhle is at but my gut is telling me he’ll be the better of the 2. I could easily be wrong. It’s a coin flip at this point but to have both on either side is a helluva luxury to have

Both have a high probability of achieving top pair level and that's all we need to be.

Nice interview again by Nicolas Cloutier.

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
RB and Barron winning opening day roster spots would make for a real interesting shuffle...

with no trade made, Guhle can go back to LD, leaving Xhekaj/Hutson/Stubble/Harris to battle out the last LD spot (and X or Harris relegated to 7th).

Guhle - Savard
Matheson - RB
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris

hutson/strubble starting in the A
II am 100% sure both RB and Mailloux will not be playing for the habs on opening night REGARDLESS of how both look in the preseason. They have options on both and not the others which makes decisions much easier for Kent on those 2. Maybe 1 is possible but not both.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
II am 100% sure both RB and Mailloux will not be playing for the habs on opening night REGARDLESS of how both look in the preseason. They have options on both and not the others which makes decisions much easier for Kent on those 2. Maybe 1 is possible but not both.

I agree that it's unlikely both make it... But of the two I'd bet RB is the one who shows himself most ready for NHL duties.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Patience is the key for Reinbacher. I would like to see him dominate in AHL, produce well, work on everything.

I would likely to see a pair Engstrom - Reinbacher, that would be very fun to watch!

Reactions: dauv and Rapala

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He was just voted the teams 3rd best prospects almost unanimously here (90%) compared to Mesars 12th place.
I think most people agree that he's very good, but it seems like his style of hockey isn't as exciting as some of the more offensive players, so he gets talked about less. I think he's going to be really good, but you won't see him in many highlight packages.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Patience is the key for Reinbacher. I would like to see him dominate in AHL, produce well, work on everything.

I would likely to see a pair Engstrom - Reinbacher, that would be very fun to watch!
I really hope we see logical pairings at camp.
Reinbacher with Matheson would be cool just to see if he can bring stability to the pairing.
Reinbacher Engstrom Reinbacher Hutson these will all likely be tried at some point.
It's actually worse up front get your top boys building chemistry from Day 1 Marty.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I'm still high on Reinbacher but it's kind of ironic that in the last 3 drafts, 2023 was seen as the best for the top of the draft yet Habs probably got better players at the top of the other two drafts

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I don't know who needs to see this again or if they never have but it's just a great breakdown everytime imo, I love that Elite prospects guy

I remember watching this when I 'didn't' want to draft Reinbacher but still coming away like "man someone's getting lucky tho"

In a few years when we're in some playoff series, he's going to be invaluable.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm still high on Reinbacher but it's kind of ironic that in the last 3 drafts, 2023 was seen as the best for the top of the draft yet Habs probably got better players at the top of the other two drafts

Let's see how Reinbacher can become. If he become a player like Dobson//Seider (I think he have that type of potential) impact, that's a top player. Maybe in a re-draft, we are going to put Reinbacher behind Bedard, who knows?!?!

At this moment, I'm 100% confident that Slaf and Demidov are in the same category of guy selected in 2023 after Bedard. (Carlsson, Fantilli, Smith and Michkov).

Slaf develop into a truly beast. I will not be surprise if he is going to have a better career than Carlsson and Fantilli, let's see. But Slaf potential is very very high. 90 pts type of guy to me.

I'd prefer Demidov to Smith and Michkov, but it's a question of preference, all 3 have high offensive skillset. Let's see. But Demidov talent can't be jealous about both guy. He is the same range of offensive upside. 90-100 pts type of guy potential.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't know who needs to see this again or if they never have but it's just a great breakdown everytime imo, I love that Elite prospects guy

I remember watching this when I 'didn't' want to draft Reinbacher but still coming away like "man someone's getting lucky tho"

In a few years when we're in some playoff series, he's going to be invaluable.

Rein just seems so coachable to me. Listen to him in interviews and you can tell he's got a brain for a young kid and takes things very seriously. Typical Austrian approach. Combine that with all his tools and sky is the limit.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Rein just seems so coachable to me. Listen to him in interviews and you can tell he's got a brain for a young kid and takes things very seriously. Typical Austrian approach. Combine that with all his tools and sky is the limit.

3 all high picks that Habs select have high talent but also they are all have high work ethic and they work very hard.

They have all great attitude to become better.

They seems all great coachable players, great personnality and great mentality aswell.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
3 all high picks that Habs select have high talent but also they are all have high work ethic and they work very hard.

They have all great attitude to become better.

They seems all great coachable players, great personnality and great mentality aswell.
HuGo along with Bobrov have hit some real quality kids, coming out of the three drafts they have done.

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
They also have put in place a group of people and strategies to help develop these kids.
It even goes beyond that, with the repatriation of the farm clubs in the Montréal region. This is a point that a lot of posters don't take in consideration when they say blablabla we always overrate our prospect pool.

Reactions: Tyson

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Why are very good LD so much more common than very good RD?
Right handed ppl are much more prevalent in the regular population. The handedness you shoot in hockey is directly related. The top hand on your stick is usually the hand in control which would be the right hand for a left handed shooter.

There are more left handed shooters in general. Not just defensemen.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Right handed ppl are much more prevalent in the regular population. The handedness you shoot in hockey is directly related. The top hand on your stick is usually the hand in control which would be the right hand for a left handed shooter.

There are more left handed shooters in general. Not just defensemen.
Agreed, it's quite rare to see someone go against that. Only one NHL player I can think of broke that mould and that was an old goalie named Jon Casey. He shot right handed, yet caught with his left. Which meant, he had to turn his stick around to shoot the puck. He stood out to me because, I'm the same way. I'm sure there are/were others. But he's the only one that comes to mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad