Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Right handed ppl are much more prevalent in the regular population. The handedness you shoot in hockey is directly related. The top hand on your stick is usually the hand in control which would be the right hand for a left handed shooter.

There are more left handed shooters in general. Not just defensemen.

But shouldn't half the defensemen in the CHL for example be playing on the right side?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Check lé aller sacrament...

'Look at him skate ffs..'

He's not 'the missing piece' to a Stanley Cup
But you cannot win a Stanley Cup without a puzzle piece this big

Watch him blow away at Camp and take Barron's seemingly locked spot lol
Barron doesn't have a locked spot. So far he's the extra guy looking in maybe 7d at best.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Barron doesn't have a locked spot. So far he's the extra guy looking in maybe 7d at best.
I'd say it's arguable bud, not that I care all that much about Barron anymore since Reinbacher was drafted and is already most likely a better player already which is a testament to how good David possibly actually is

But #3RD right now is most likely Barron with the trade of Kovasevic
And Xhekaj , the other guy we signed to a similar as Barron 2 year deal, is most likely the penciled in #3LD right now with the Harris trade
In my view atm, Struble is #7 and that's great honestly cuz I know how good he can be in a pinch with a bit of NHL experience under the belt

But to go back to the point, I had said 'seemingly locked' as the only 2 people who can take that spot this September are Reinbacher and Mailloux
And I'm trying to imagine and visualize a fun and possible scenario where Reinbacher is SO incredible in training camp somehow, that he takes away 'Barron's spot'

You know what I mean, jellybean?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'd say it's arguable bud, not that I care all that much about Barron anymore since Reinbacher was drafted and is already most likely a better player already which is a testament to how good David possibly actually is

But #3RD right now is most likely Barron with the trade of Kovasevic
And Xhekaj , the other guy we signed to a similar as Barron 2 year deal, is most likely the penciled in #3LD right now with the Harris trade
In my view atm, Struble is #7 and that's great honestly cuz I know how good he can be in a pinch with a bit of NHL experience under the belt

But to go back to the point, I had said 'seemingly locked' as the only 2 people who can take that spot this September are Reinbacher and Mailloux
And I'm trying to imagine and visualize a fun and possible scenario where Reinbacher is SO incredible in training camp somehow, that he takes away 'Barron's spot'

You know what I mean, jellybean?

:huh:

Do u always have that tone when you reply? And why do you call people jellybean ?

Lmao

And no his spot is no where locked. You got no idea. Struble was ahead of barron last season so why would barron have the edge now?

It's likely Matheson guhle hutson Savard Xhekaj struble going in unless mailloux steals a spot

Reinbacher reminds me of Hamrlik. I get more and more impressed every time I see him play or see highlights.
I'd hope not well at least not the mtl version. Nothing bad but nothing good at all to justify a 5oa pick

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
:huh:

Do u always have that tone when you reply? And why do you call people jellybean ?

Lmao

And no his spot is no where locked. You got no idea. Struble was ahead of barron last season so why would barron have the edge now?

It's likely Matheson guhle hutson Savard Xhekaj struble going in unless mailloux steals a spot

I'd hope not well at least not the mtl version. Nothing bad but nothing good at all to justify a 5oa pick

I agree strubles play puts him above barron, bit the two things barron has in his favour are that he is right handed, and that he is waiver eligible and struble isn't.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I agree strubles play puts him above barron, bit the two things barron has in his favour are that he is right handed, and that he is waiver eligible and struble isn't.
True

But as of now Barron is on the outside just like he was last season

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Agreed, it's quite rare to see someone go against that. Only one NHL player I can think of broke that mould and that was an old goalie named Jon Casey. He shot right handed, yet caught with his left. Which meant, he had to turn his stick around to shoot the puck. He stood out to me because, I'm the same way. I'm sure there are/were others. But he's the only one that comes to mind.
Yvan cournoyer was ambidextrous. He once switched hands on a breakaway and scored. My favourite hab of all time. He was a mofo.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007

Reinbacher Goal 7:05
Rohrer Goal 10:09

Anyone who cares about Habs prospects should be subbing/following this creator on here and youtube, as well as liking every video of their videos and posts, even if you don't watch the whole thing. This is a lot of work for something that is as trivial as this really is, and they deserve a lot of credit for making it so easy for the rest of us to easily check up on these kids.

Thank you, fellow Habs fan, I really appreciate these videos,

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
But shouldn't half the defensemen in the CHL for example be playing on the right side?

Yes but that does not mean that they are good at it or could do it at a higher level. RD at the CHL is a major weakness and even though the position is filled by necessity it is not going to produce NHLers anywhere near the same rate as the LHD position does. Most dmen that get drafted are left handed and only a small portion of them can play RD effectively at the pro level. The real issue would be an NHL team that is somehow loaded at RHD and would need an RHD to play LD which they would almost certainly have zero experience at. We have a similar scenario in Montreal where we are oddly stacked with RHC's and desperately need a LHC (Which Demidov has some experience at)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Anyone who cares about Habs prospects should be subbing/following this creator on here and youtube, as well as liking every video of their videos and posts, even if you don't watch the whole thing. This is a lot of work for something that is as trivial as this really is, and they deserve a lot of credit for making it so easy for the rest of us to easily check up on these kids.

Thank you, fellow Habs fan, I really appreciate these videos,
Yup, give our boy @montreal a like and subscribe folks, to make sure he can keep doing what he does !

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
It's no insult to Reinbacher to say there are some similarities. Harmrlik was an All Star defenseman and drafted first overall for good reason.
Hamrlik was good in Montreal. A couple years the D group had a lot of injuries and he carried the load. Very underrated. I think Reinbacher is going to be the same type of player. Can play in all situation and log a lot minutes and be above average.

Reactions: kyne and Licou

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Hamrlik was good in Montreal. A couple years the D group had a lot of injuries and he carried the load. Very underrated. I think Reinbacher is going to be the same type of player. Can play in all situation and log a lot minutes and be above average.

If Reinbacher turns out as solid as Hamrlik was in a habs uniform I'd have absolutely no problems with that. That would be great.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
If Reinbacher turns out as solid as Hamrlik was in a habs uniform I'd have absolutely no problems with that. That would be great.
Hamrlik was solid as can be, Watched him a lot in Calgary before and after he went to the Habs. Reinbacher plays a very similar defensive game, but has an offensive flair that I don't remember from Hamrlik. He had a great shot, but didn't jump up as often as Reinbacher does. That could be deployment, but I expect Reinbacher will contribute more points than Hamrlik ever did.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hamrlik was solid as can be, Watched him a lot in Calgary before and after he went to the Habs. Reinbacher plays a very similar defensive game, but has an offensive flair that I don't remember from Hamrlik. He had a great shot, but didn't jump up as often as Reinbacher does. That could be deployment, but I expect Reinbacher will contribute more points than Hamrlik ever did.
Hamrlik was the 1st ever draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad