Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yet all-purpose Dmen are an increasingly rare and valuable commodity to have.

Not saying that that's what Reinbacher will become, and also, Michkov as far as I know is not a C.

There are plenty of very valuable Dmen who aren't great offensively.

Indeed.
Why do we need a defence first D on a team that is replete with D and has had a severe lack of scoring forwards in the last 30 years, as @The Great Weal posted earlier?

Our issue has never been the selection of D — we have a lot of D redundancy in the system for a reason. Where are the potential top line scoring C/ forwards in our pipeline?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I, like all Habs fans, hope Reinbacher becomes superstar player regardless of what Michkov does. On the chance that Reinbacher doesn’t become this stud dman and Michkov becomes a high end forward, management failed miserably and what other teams including that Mickey Mouse organization Arizona Coyotes did instead of drafting Michkov means absolutely nothing to me because I’m a Habs fan that cares about the Habs and acknowledge that our context is different than other teams.
Yes and in the meantime, it's just safer to arbitrarily pick a player drafted later and select him as the “one who got away” before we even know that to be true.

Its like a defense mechanism for past trauma.

Trust me, I get it.

Its what @Mrb1p would call “coping”.

I am just making some observations right or wrong.
If you don't like what I post then f***ing hit the ignore button.
I don't play well with holier than thou condescending posts
Funny, I'm doing the same.

I don't have a need to put you or anyone on ignore nor do I know why you're responding with such hostility.

But ok I guess lol

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I keep hearing the habs didn't like Michkov, but have yet to find out why.
There was a lot of rumors around Michkov attitude during his draft year, how he couldn't get along with his teammates, and how that's why they sent him to Sochi. I haven't followed him this year so I don't know if there's been any other talk about this.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes and in the meantime, it's just safer to arbitrarily pick a player drafted later and select him as the “one who got away” before we even know that to be true.

Its like a defense mechanism for past trauma.

Trust me, I get it.

Its what @Mrb1p would call “coping”.

Funny, I'm doing the same.

I don't have a need to put you or anyone on ignore nor do I know why you're responding with such hostility.

But ok I guess lol
Your post came across condescending.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Or we can defend the pick at all costs by fabricating stuff like saying "Michkov is not coming here for a while so we can't control his development" which has been proven to be complete bologna less than a year later.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
There was a lot of rumors around Michkov attitude during his draft year, how he couldn't get along with his teammates, and how that's why they sent him to Sochi. I haven't followed him this year so I don't know if there's been any other talk about this.

The were a ton of rumours about Michkov prior to the draft, all of them pretty much unsubstantiated.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I keep hearing the habs didn't like Michkov, but have yet to find out why. I recall Hughes saying the interview went well with him and that he was impressed by how he handled himself.

If it was strictly the contract and or Russian factor, it turns out that isn't a problem, as it looks like he's coming earlier than anticipated.

I never understood the 3 year wait concern either, it's doubtful Reinbacher will be a full time NHL'er next season, so the 3 years things is kind of a wash.

You're well aware of how I felt Michkov was the right choice for us last year, I shouted it from the roof tops for anyone to hear, but I got over it because I do see some logic in the whole RD pick with David, and decided to give HUGO the benefit of the doubt. That said, I always felt we'll ultimately regret this decision eventually. Not because Reinbacher won't be a solid contributor, but because of the talent we passed on in Michkov.

Flyers fans must be extatic about this news.
We are where Flyer fans were at when they passed on Caufield, except that Michkov is expected to produce at a higher level than Caufield. I can’t believe this happened under HuGo, who seemed more progressive and sophisticated than several past Habs management contingents and not likely to repeat the mistakes of the past, new slate and all.

Hughes has to fix the top 6 issue given what happened last year, but above all, because the pipeline is dry on scoring forwards. I just hope he doesn’t overreach in doing it as you’d still want to see a clear BPA with that early pick.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Or we can defend the pick at all costs by fabricating stuff like saying "Michkov is not coming here for a while so we can't control his development" which has been proven to be complete bologna less than a year later.
That was a reasonable opinion that looks foolish in hindsight. The most important thing is that we add a key player that is 5OA worthy. So far so good for Reinbacher in my opinion. Michkov is not a hab, and it's too late to dwell on that.

Reactions: 417 and Tyson

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why do we need a defence first D on a team that is replete with D and has had a severe lack of scoring forwards in the last 30 years, as @The Great Weal posted earlier?
Maybe he will be the perfect foil for Hutson?

Marc-Edouard Vlasic had an excellent career being the steady presence next to a more offensive Dman.

You guys have serious PTSD when it comes
to the Habs and the past 30 years.

I get it…but its still a choice to live this way lol
Our issue has never been the selection of D — we have a lot of D redundancy in the system for a reason. Where are the potential top line scoring C/ forwards in our pipeline?
Nothing to date confirms Michkov will reach his potential with more certainty than Reinbacher will.

Just our collective Habs PTSD makes us believe so.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
We are where Flyer fans were at when they passed on Caufield, except that Michkov is expected to produce at a higher level than Caufield. I can’t believe this happened under HuGo, who seemed more progressive and not likely to repeat the mistakes of the past, new slate and all.

Hughes has to fix the top 6 issue given what happened last year. I just hope he doesn’t overreach in doing it as you’d still want to see a clear BPA with that early pick.

Yeah I was absolutely convinced Hughes was going to draft Michkov if we were lucky enough to have him drop to us. He was too smart to pass in my eyes. I was obviously wrong.

I still believe Hughes is a smart man, just I was wrong about his decision. I really hope he was right and Michkov busts hard. :)

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I mean that was always a silly coping mechanism again lol

I'm perfectly fine with believing that they selected Reinhacher simply because they liked him more as a prospect.

I don't need to convince myself of unlikely scenarios like he will stay in Russia to feel better about who they ultimately picked.

How the next 4-5 years unravel will ultimately decide, not him declaring he's coming to North America.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
That was a reasonable opinion that looks foolish in hindsight. The most important thing is that we add a key player that is 5OA worthy. So far so good for Reinbacher in my opinion. Michkov is not a hab, and it's too late to dwell on that.
But posters in here know more about Michkov as a player and a person than our chief scout whose dad is a key hockey operations guy on the KHL team that owns Michkov's rights.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe he will be the perfect foil for Hutson?

Marc-Edouard Vlasic had an excellent career being the steady presence next to a more offensive Dman.

You guys have serious PTSD when it comes
to the Habs and the past 30 years.

I get it…but its still a choice to live this way lol

Nothing to date confirms Michkov will reach his potential with more certainty than Reinbacher will.

Just our collective Habs PTSD makes us believe so.
Nothing? Michkov has a track record of elite offensive ability while Reinbacher does not, he has no two-way game. Each individual player’s past performance is a strong indicator of where their attributes are likely to flourish.

The certainty if any is to be had, is how Michkov will be an offensive threat whereas Reinbacher will not. And Michkov was a way more valuable asset to the Habs.

Now here we are, hoping that a highly skilled forward who is the BPA drops to the 5th pick. Those teams picking ahead better be liking a lot of Ds.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Yeah I was absolutely convinced Hughes was going to draft Michkov if we were lucky enough to have him drop to us. He was too smart to pass in my eyes. I was obviously wrong.

I still believe Hughes is a smart man, just I was wrong about his decision. I really hope he was right and Michkov busts hard. :)
It’s pretty tough to judge the value of players in different leagues. The habs got hammered when they took AK in a year when the NA leagues were better.

We’ll see how Michkov and Demidov do when they come over.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
But posters in here know more about Michkov as a player and a person than our chief scout whose dad is a key hockey operations guy on the KHL team that owns Michkov's rights.
1716161453300.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nothing? Michkov has a track record of elite offensive ability while Reinbacher does not, he has no two-way game. Each individual player’s past performance is a strong indicator of where their attributes are likely to flourish.
Yes and Slafkovsky had 10pts on 31 games in Europe.

Personally I couldn't careless about what a player does outside the NHL.

Until it translates to the NHL, its just a cool story.
The certainty if any is to be had, is how Michkov will be an offensive threat whereas Reinbacher will not. And Michkov was a way more valuable asset to the Habs.
They didn't draft Reinbacher with the intention of him being an elite offensive threat.
Now here we are, hoping that a highly skilled forward who is the BPA drops to the 5th pick. Those teams picking ahead better be liking a lot of Ds.
I don't follow prospects (why would I with all of the experts here lol) but from what I gather, the Habs should be able to nab a very good offensive forward at #5.

Hopefully good enough to make is forget about Bure errrrr I meant Michkov.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess Bobrov also knew more than posters in here with all those wasted picks he championed with the Rangers on dud Euro draftees.

Appeal to authority is fine and dandy but it’s not a panacea.

The same reasoning that has been made extensively in here applies to your contention — we’ll need to see how it plays out so Bobrov and co. could still be wrong in the end, that should not be dismissed as a possibility.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes and Slafkovsky had 10pts on 31 games in Europe.

Personally I couldn't careless about what a player does outside the NHL.

Until it translates to the NHL, its just a cool story.

They didn't draft Reinbacher with the intention of him being an elite offensive threat.

I don't follow prospects (why would I with all of the experts here lol) but from what I gather, the Habs should be able to nab a very good offensive forward at #5.

Hopefully good enough to make is forget about Bure errrrr I meant Michkov.
Oh, so by that reasoning, Reinbacher can become the Slafkovsky of defence? Can’t wait to see it then.

Assuming Reinbacher and Michkov were within the same tier, why opt for the player with the low offensive projection when the team has a crying need for offence? Plus, the team already has a lot of D as it is but no potential elite scoring forward in the pipeline. Just puzzling at this time but here’s hoping you’re right about Reinbacher.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Michkov coming early (if true) in my opinion, is as red flaggish as it can be.

Why in the f*** would CSKA Moscow already free him after two season where they loaned him?

Why in the f*** would they do this?

I am totally speculating but i doubt they are doing this because he is a convivial teammate.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I guess Bobrov also knew more than posters in here with all those wasted picks he championed with the Rangers on dud Euro draftees.
Don't think Bobrov’s dad worked for the teams that Kakko and Andersson played for.
Appeal to authority is fine and dandy but it’s not a panacea.
Allowing the process to play out doesn't equate to appealing to authority.
The same reasoning that has been made extensively in here applies to your contention — we’ll need to see how it plays out so Bobrov and co. could still be wrong in the end, that should not be dismissed as a possibility.
Of course but the announcement that Michkov is coming to North America is not additional proof to an already premature opinion that the Montreal Canadiens made a mistake picking Reinbacher ahead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad