Dave Hakstol Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
With Arvidsson out and having veteran RWs in Smith and Jarnkrok available Lavi opted for Fiala on his top line. Surely he doesn't know about the heaviness being a critical prerequisite for winning in hockey. Now look who he has on 4th line, good ole pronmans boy rocco.
cut.jpg

When is this pain going to end? When?:cry:

Last edited:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
So I take it Quenneville wants to wait until the off-season to get a new team to coach? The Flyers have the talent and the talent coming through the pipeline, while also being a good hockey town. It seems like they would match each other well and the Flyers should be able to give him a huge deal. Even if the Flyers had an average/above average coach I would fire them for him.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So I take it Quenneville wants to wait until the off-season to get a new team to coach? The Flyers have the talent and the talent coming through the pipeline, while also being a good hockey town. It seems like they would match each other well and the Flyers should be able to give him a huge deal. Even if the Flyers had an average/above average coach I would fire them for him.

I'd rather have Cooper personally, were he to be let go. Having said that, I would also rather have a dead bird than this (or any) Dakotan. Fire Hakstok, Amen.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I challenge anyone to say that players earn ice time based on quality of play.

I want to see someone actually type those words so we have it on record. I want to see if anyone is willing to tell a lie that big or if even the Hakstol lovers have been forced to give up pretending that’s true.

Go ahead... someone do it... I dare you. :laugh:

Players earn ice time based on quality of play.....lol

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Q doesn't strike me as the type of guy to rush into his next gig. If I were him, i'd take the rest of the season off and then see what is out there in the summer. Teams will be lining up for him. We won't be one of those teams. We have Hak. :squint:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Q doesn't strike me as the type of guy to rush into his next gig. If I were him, i'd take the rest of the season off and then see what is out there in the summer. Teams will be lining up for him. We won't be one of those teams. We have Hak. :squint:
Yeah he has no need to rush. He can wait, see what spots open thru the season, and then again in summer.

I think if St.L does open up, he thinks had about that one. Only 5 hour drive from Chicago...1 hr ish flight. Also has a veteran team looking to win now but also has some good kids on the way as well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If the Flyer job opens up, they'll be a premier destination.
Coaches know who has talent coming up and draft picks stockpiled, and how far away that talent is from the NHL.
In the Flyers case, a potential coach can see a loaded team by 2020-21.

What would be more important is whether they're on the same page with Hextall, a veteran coach knows he's not going to have the final say in Philly, so he'd have to have confidence in Hextall's judgment and willingness to work with him to reshape the roster to fit his system.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah he has no need to rush. He can wait, see what spots open thru the season, and then again in summer.

I think if St.L does open up, he thinks had about that one. Only 5 hour drive from Chicago...1 hr ish flight. Also has a veteran team looking to win now but also has some good kids on the way as well.

Plus he's coached there before.

St. Louis makes the most sense for sure.

But hey, if Hextall can lure the ESTEEMED Dave Hakstol then i'm sure he can lure the pedestrian Joel Quenneville.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The above explains:
1) why Gudas double shifts with Provorov in the 3rd period
2) why Hakstol doesn't trust Sanheim and Ghost with a lead

Provorov's problem this year (much like last year but worse) comes down to bad turnovers, it's almost like he's colorblind and doesn't recognize opposing uniforms.

I think in the long run they need to replace Weal, Simmonds, Weise, Lehtera, Folin, but right now they're not hurting this team.
While Gudas gets double shifted?

D ranks for TOI: 1) Provorov 25:09 2) Ghost 21:18 3) Hagg 18:30 4) Amac 17:59 5) Gudas 17:42 6) Folin 17:12 7) Sanheim 15:56

Sanheims defensive prowess has been on the “hot seat” for Hakstol because he doesn’t play a “heavy” or “safe?” Game. Sanheims suppressive metrics at shutting down players in the Dzone (to create a fair argument let’s account for equal TOI)...

Hagg only shuts down play, more efficiently, infront of the net. No where else does Hagg shut down play better. No where else does Folin shut down play better. No where else did Amac shut down play better. Why does Sanheim receive close to 3 minutes less than our worst defensive Dman?

What the f*** does a safe game mean if the metrics being shown exemplify that the Dman doesn’t do his job. Is his job to play heavy? Good job Hagg then.

Your point #1 is correct in Provorov and Gudas being the best at shutting down play so shelling with those two would be the best option.

Why wouldn’t he trust Sanheim and Ghost? Ghost and Sanheim play effective D in preventing SOG, xG, and xG% more so than Folin, Hagg, and Amac.

Sanheim, as of right now, is looking like Ghsot 2 years ago. Hakstol just doesn’t like him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
While Gudas gets double shifted?

D ranks for TOI: 1) Provorov 25:09 2) Ghost 21:18 3) Hagg 18:30 4) Amac 17:59 5) Gudas 17:42 6) Folin 17:12 7) Sanheim 15:56

Sanheims defensive prowess has been on the “hot seat” for Hakstol because he doesn’t play a “heavy” or “safe?” Game. Sanheims suppressive metrics at shutting down players in the Dzone (to create a fair argument let’s account for equal TOI)...

In what situations?
Against which level of competition?
Against which teams, home or road?

Sanheim is best right now at home, matched up against lines that don't heavily forecheck.
Over time as he gets more confident under pressure that should change.
But he needs to hit the weight room before he can handle high pressure situations where teams crash the net.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
In what situations?
Against which level of competition?
Against which teams, home or road?

Sanheim is best right now at home, matched up against lines that don't heavily forecheck.
Over time as he gets more confident under pressure that should change.
But he needs to hit the weight room before he can handle high pressure situations where teams crash the net.
What do you mean for the situations.

Those stats are isolated as a culmination of Sanheim and Haggs play throughout the season... so I guess in all situations.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad