Player Discussion Darnell Nurse is a #1 dman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Priority one this offseason needs to be unloading Nurses contract at all costs.

We have seen so many times now, that he is unable to play simple hockey. All he needs to do is do the easy shit well, and he can't do it. He is cooked in Edmonton, he's not bouncing back.

To win, we need a RH for Bouchard, bumping Ekholm to Broberg. It has to happen somehow.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
I mentioned in another post just buy him out. You get 2 years of very low before the pain sets in. Use that money the next to years to make another couple runs with this core.

After two more years the Oilers are screwed anyway. No draft capital, terrible prospect pool, and roster will be aging.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I mentioned in another post just buy him out. You get 2 years of very low before the pain sets in. Use that money the next to years to make another couple runs with this core.

After two more years the Oilers are screwed anyway. No draft capital, terrible prospect pool, and roster will be aging.

That's a good point. We have 2 more years of McDavid and, if for some reason he decides not reup, we can at least stomach the bad cap hit while we rebuild. It lines up well enough.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not sure how this guy is going to make it another 6 years in this city with all the hate and anger from the fans
I mean, he's the one who's engendered the anger with his two cent pea brain. Nevertheless, I'll gladly drive him to the airport with a f***ing smile on my face if they manage, miraculously, to find a buyer for him and his terrible contract. I don't give a f*** if it pisses off McDavid, Nurse has regressed at the most important time in the most important series and he is not coming back. He should never, ever don Oilers silks again.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That's a good point. We have 2 more years of McDavid and, if for some reason he decides not reup, we can at least stomach the bad cap hit while we rebuild. It lines up well enough.
Buying out one of his best friends and then slamming closed the Oilers window the same year he's up for a new contract would probably be a pretty good reason for him to not want to re-up.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Buying out one of his best friends and then slamming closed the Oilers window the same year he's up for a new contract would probably be a pretty good reason for him to not want to re-up.

At some point we have to just bite the bullet. Nurse is costing games and should not play another game on the team. Eventually, we do have to make that hard decision.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Who gives a f*** if he's McDavid's friend? If you're only here to make friends then take your pay check and go home.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
When you get paired up with a rookie LHD and the poor kid has to play his off side instead of you then you aren't very good ..

Broberg was better than Nurse despite having to play RD.

Nurse was invisible tonight which is actually an improvement for him..

Let’s be honest. McDavid is not re-upping in Edmonton.
If he wins a cup next year then he will bolt.
If he doesn't then he would want to stay here and keep trying as long as we are spending to cap max and contending

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I’m almost of the mind that you but him out and take the 8 million cap penalty for him not to play on the team until 2030. He’s beyond awful , and 18 mill spent on him, Campbell and Ceci is too much to overcome.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Who gives a f*** if he's McDavid's friend? If you're only here to make friends then take your pay check and go home.
Did you miss the part that the year McDavid's contract would be up for renewal would be the year that the Oilers would be hit with 4 years of nearly 10M of dead space per season? He'd be an idiot to re-sign with that hanging over the team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Did you miss the part that the year McDavid's contract would be up for renewal would be the year that the Oilers would be hit with 4 years of nearly 10M of dead space per season? He'd be an idiot to re-sign with that hanging over the team.
Then McDavid can f*** off for all I care.

Why is buying him out the only option here?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Just for funzies...who was the poster who called my take an embarrassment when I posted this guy is a #5-6 at best many moons ago?

Care to step up and discuss this further as to why you thought this guy is legit ?

I specifically cited how bad this clown is in the playoffs, and he just keeps proving it over and over

I'd be embarrassed to know that I defended him right about now

Reactions: frag2 and Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully this season lights a fire under him. IMO it seems like since his huge season in the Canadian division and his resulting extension he hasn't had the same drive to improve himself. He is better than this.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hopefully this season lights a fire under him. IMO it seems like since his huge season in the Canadian division and his resulting extension he hasn't had the same drive to improve himself. He is better than this.
No...no...he isn't. I hate to break it to ya. Go look back at some breakdowns I made of his play for 5+ years now. Needless rims, needless reverse rims, snow angels, his patent skate to the corner and toss it to nobody, and my personal favorite...the Nurse Shooter Tutor block attempt

Sorry but this guy IS NOT getting better by some grace of hockey hockey gawds. The tendancies have been there from day 1

Not to mention he has contract that he needs to TRY and justify..........that ain't ever happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad