Player Discussion Darnell Nurse is a #1 dman

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'd have those as IQ plays because in both instances you have to make a read before you make the play.

For both plays within about a millisecond you have to process where the attacker (or attackers) are on the ice, which way they shoot, how much back pressure the back checking forward is providing, where your D partner is, and how close you are to your own net and then immediately make the right play while still in position to do so.

I think he flops on 2 on 1's because he can't make these reads in time, so laying down is the default "hope this works" option which looks a lot better than doing nothing. Similarly on his shit gaps, if he can't make the reads in time then before he knows it he's probably too deep and the lane for the attacker to make a play is already there.
Good post.
I think that this also explains why Nurse ends up in no mans land defensively so much of the time.
He just cant process the game fast enough to make the correct read.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Characterizing Nurse’s play this playoffs as “helping” the team almost win a Cup certainly is a unique opinion.

Because it’s essentially impossible to defend Nurse’s play this playoff with actual facts, I’m not surprised that you chose to default to insults and flaming.
Criticism is ok and some maybe even lots warranted. No need to say he is an idiot or selfish. He is an Oiler and deserves respect.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Characterizing Nurse’s play this playoffs as “helping” the team almost win a Cup certainly is a unique opinion.

Because it’s essentially impossible to defend Nurse’s play this playoff with actual facts, I’m not surprised that you chose to default to insults and flaming.
Like.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Nurse just helped the team almost win a cup.
He is not an idiot likely a whole lot smarter than many posters.
Because he got paid does not make him selfish it makes him normal.
Having shit partners for his entire career does not make him look good it makes him trust his partner less and then compensates thinking they will error causing him to be out of position.
Nurse is here and is an Oiler so deserves to feel welcome not insulted.

Bunch of Charmin on here and I don't mean because they are soft.
just say you didnt watch any of the games. You're as clueless as Nurse is when he's trying to make an outlet pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad