Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I do think Anderson can have his utility on a physical grinding role on a bottom 6 role if you forget about his salary
with his attributes he should be in theory….but he can’t hold the puck along the board and isn’t even physical. And putrid in the D-zone.

He’s good at one thing…one and done off-the-rush offense, but in a man-to-man defensive system he’s almost never positioned to get the jump on the defenseman.

The sooner Marty / KH realize it, the better.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
with his attributes he should be in theory….but he can’t hold the puck along the board and isn’t even physical. And putrid in the D-zone.

He’s good at one thing…one and done off-the-rush offense, but in a man-to-man defensive system he’s almost never positioned to get the jump on the defenseman.

The sooner Marty / KH realize it, the better.
He can be physical on the forecheck when he’s on his game too. Expect him to be a bottom 6 player and not a 5.5m player for this year and I think we will be fine

Reactions: Gustave

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
After reading the last 4 pages, I'm very in need to watch him play. So he will be in camp in 19 days. He's one of the prospect I have an eye on it. I'm watch babe, yeah I'm watchin'
e24723c1a1af4850b5c84a6e0e7950d0.gif

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The funny thing is, if Anderson made 2.5-3 million we would probably love him as a luxury 4th liner. Fast, 10 - 20 goals and hits hard. But at 5.5 we can't stand him.

It's crazy how much a bad cap hit hurts a players affection from the fan base. But the salary cap world is a fickle B.
Not for me, not even close. Last year’s low iq, play killing, can’t keep up with the puck he’s literally in possession of Anderson dragged his teammates down. If he was even able to play a simple Turner Stevenson or Steve Begin type game the habs would be better off. Habs would be a better team with this guy benched, irrelevant of salary.

Bring on a guy like Kapanen instead, who looks like a “hockey player” to quote the coach.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'd take Anderson any day over Gallagher.
Personally I wouldn’t. Anderson when he’s on is great. But that’s the games against the Leafs and then every four or five games. He doesn’t have the IQ to be effective and keep up.

Gally is definitely on the back nine. But as a coach, you know what you’re gonna get from him every night. He needs to play less minutes, as fatigue seems to wear him down. But that tenacity, north south style is contagious and has a place in the lineup albeit overpaid for what he brings now. That said, he looked better last year with Newhook and Armia than Anderson did at any point. Offence does when Anderson is on the ice.

Reactions: LaP

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Not for me, not even close. Last year’s low iq, play killing, can’t keep up with the puck he’s literally in possession of Anderson dragged his teammates down. If he was even able to play a simple Turner Stevenson or Steve Begin type game the habs would be better off. Habs would be a better team with this guy benched, irrelevant of salary.

Bring on a guy like Kapanen instead, who looks like a “hockey player” to quote the coach.
Agree with you. One of the worst season I've seen from a Habs player and that's before even considering his salary

Reactions: Naslundforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad