Proposal: Dallas and Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Yes, but the first half of the season Rinne was below league average, if he falters we can easily get an average goaltender without giving away one or more of our top 5 prospects.

Yeah but Poile won't do that, put his king rinne on the bench making $7 million. Poile won't give up on him until his contract is up. And as I said I do not see him being dealt like Weber was because who would take him with that contract?

I am very excited about kamenev's potential, and I think Dougherty has great potential as well, but nichushkin had more potential than both of these guys.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I don't see what Rinne declining has to do with getting a 3rd line winger.

Calling someone a "third line winger" is reserved for players who have had stable careers past the age of 30. Just because's Nuke's 21 and scored five less points his junior year (technically his sophomore since he was out all of last season) than his rookie year doesn't exactly indict him. If you you were truly "aware", so would your language.

Course, that's not to say this isn't an awful trade for Nashville. Having watched a lot of Texas Stars games, I'm never not impressed with Kamenev: his game isn't as sexy as Nuke's, but Dallas already has plenty of lingerie models. Someone like Kamenev would be a great fit for Dallas assuming he could play left wing well (since Dallas has plenty of young talented two way centers in the pipeline but very few wingers).

Then again I don't see these two teams helping each other out. As overblown as inter-division trading is, Nashville and Dallas are looking like the two best Central teams in the next three years.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
No it's not. I would call Austin Watson a 3rd line winger at his peak even though he's only like 24. I'd never call Colton Sissons more than a 3C either.

Watson and sissons have never once had the potential nichushkin has. They are good with their current role and won't be top line guys. Nichushkin easily could. He already plays top six for stars who are offensive machine.

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
But with that being said... with our real need for a good future 2c Kamenev is not on the table

Exactly. Our biggest need moving forward post this coming season is 2C. So basically this offer says we are throwing everything we have at this year and only this year and do not give a crap what happens after that.

Why?

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Exactly. Our biggest need moving forward post this coming season is 2C. So basically this offer says we are throwing everything we have at this year and only this year and do not give a crap what happens after that.

Why?

Stanley Cup

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Stanley Cup

If we're trading prospects to win the cup this year I'd much rather deal Fiala+ for someone way more proven than Nichushkin.

If we could snag both Bozak and JVR to win the cup, sure, I'd move top prospects, as they fill no.2 C and 1st/2nd line wing holes, but Nichushkin and his career high 34 points and potential isn't enough to convince me to move our best center prospect.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Not to mention that we also lose one of our key exempt guys for expansion by doing this.

And let's say we do this, who do we replace Ribeiro with next year?

So kamenev is playing second line centre next year?

It's all but guaranteed we will have to sign or trade for a second line centre. We surely won't rely on kamenev who had never played an nhl game to date and who will not start the season in Nashville that's for sure.

Nichushkin has an amazing game and is super young with great size and nhl experience. If you can get him for two guys that haven't even played in the league yet but show promise then you get him and our first like is set for years to come and eventually our second line wingers are forsberg and fiala with whoever we end up getting as the second line centre.

Nichushkin is going to be a beast, I said to everyone we should trade for voracek 4 years ago and now he's one of the top forwards in the nhl. Mark my words that nichushkin will be a monster very soon.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If we're trading prospects to win the cup this year I'd much rather deal Fiala+ for someone way more proven than Nichushkin.

If we could snag both Bozak and JVR to win the cup, sure, I'd move top prospects, as they fill no.2 C and 1st/2nd line wing holes, but Nichushkin and his career high 34 points and potential isn't enough to convince me to move our best center prospect.

That's a very fair diagnostic soundgarden and I agree that if we could get bozak and jvr I would be down absolutely because as too said it fills number two centre and first line winger and both are under 30.

I was just trying to make a proposal where we could keep fiala and move kamenev instead as I think fiala will be much better in my point of view.
I am a lot more excited about a future of fiala and forsberg as wings on second line then I am of forsberg with kamenev on second line.

And yeah nichushkin does not add the final piece for a cup right now but if we filled that first line wing hole now, and we still have ribs and fish as centres and rinne is not another year older who knows maybe we do win a cup.
I think nichushkin is going to break out huge and would love to see him with ryjo and Neal doing it.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Why the hell would we trade two B prospects for one B prospect? Kamenev is all but a shoe-in for the 2C next year and our Defensive prospect depth is super young. Nich is NOT a gamebreaker; you trade good prospects for gamebreakers.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Why the hell would we trade two B prospects for one B prospect? Kamenev is all but a shoe-in for the 2C next year and our Defensive prospect depth is super young. Nich is NOT a gamebreaker; you trade good prospects for gamebreakers.

I don't really see how Nichuskin is in the same group as the other 2. He is already producing in the NHL and has a spot in the top 6 on the nest offensive team. He had a sophmore slump but he is still a solid NHLer who if for some reason get no better than his 30 point has the size and ability to play bottom 6 effectively

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don't really see how Nichuskin is in the same group as the other 2. He is already producing in the NHL and has a spot in the top 6 on the nest offensive team. He had a sophmore slump but he is still a solid NHLer who if for some reason get no better than his 30 point has the size and ability to play bottom 6 effectively

This!

Nichushkin is an a level prospect who's going to be a beast.
Personally when I made this proposal I thought Dallas wouldn't want a part of it, and some of them may not, but I can't believe pred fans would rather have kamenev over nichushkin.

Kamenev will be our second line centre within two years and has yet to play an nhl game..

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This!

Personally when I made this proposal I thought Dallas wouldn't want a part of it, and some of them may not, but I can't believe pred fans would rather have kamenev over nichushkin.

Kamenev will be our second line centre within two years and has yet to play an nhl game..

apparently you didn't see my reasoning.

Trading Kamenev not only gets rid of our option to replace Ribeiro, but also hurts us come expansion time as we have 1 less exempt player. If Nichushkin is as great as you say he is, he will be taken in the draft so we will lose next year's likely 2C for 1 year of a LW.

Not worth it. I'd rather play this year out and see what happens.

Just curious, what is the plan for next year should this happen? Who do we trade for or acquire to replace Kamenev/Ribeiro? And who replaces Nichuskin after he is taken in the expansion draft?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
This!

I take kamenev for a few reasons. On wings we have Forsberg, Neal, smith, Wilson, and fiala on deck. All of whom are signed past the end of this season. Our centers are Joey, ribs, fisher, sissons with the most NHL ready prospect being kamenev. Fisher and Ribeiro are ufa and at the end of their careers. There isn't going to be a large crop of ufa centers to pick from at the end of the season. So unless you are hoping ribs or fisher can extend their career by another year kamenev is needed for the future health of the organization. Beyond that picking up nichushkin will lead to us either losing ellis/ekholm in order to protect all the forwards or smith if we chose to protect nich over him.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
We protect subban Josi ekholm Ellis ryjo Neal forsberg nichushkin

What's so hard to understand? We are going to lose one of smith, Wilson or Jarnkrok regardless.

And no matter what, fish and ribs are done after this coming season and guess what? We still do not have a second line centre, kamenev is ahl bound this year with (as you said) ryjo ribs fish and sissons holding down the centre spots this coming season, so correct me if I am wrong but you are expecting to have kamenev Jump in as second line centre his first nhl season??? Not happening, we will need to sign or trade for a second line centre regardless.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
For high-end winger we already have Forsberg, Neal, and Fiala as a blue chip prospect, for center we just have Johansen and Kamenev. Nichushkin would be a good pick-up if we can swing it, but I don't trade Kamenev for him straight up for that reason.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Nichushkin has a long long way to go before he's helping any team win anything this season. We are only a few months removed from him being demoted, benched, and scratched in the playoffs.

Stars fans are going to say no because they'd rather trade Nichushkin for some help the team needs like defense or goaltending. Very few Stars fans are opposed to trading him at all. Between his questionable effort, many holes in his game, and two seasons of griping to the press about not being happy, Nichushkin is far removed from being untouchable to all but the most optimistic Stars fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad