D Zachary Nyman - Vaughan Kings, GTHL U15 (2026 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

One of many talented players on this Vaughan Kings team. Nyman should be a high pick in next years OHL draft. He is the type of defender you’re going to start seeing more and more of with players like Makar, Fox and Karlsson getting all the Norris hype.

Nyman is a Very good skater, both North-South and East-West. His movements on the blue line are calculated, and he does them with such ease. He is very good at moving the puck in the offensive zone, he will make a quick head fake to draw in a defender or two then make a quick pass to a teammate cutting towards the net. He is also good at knowing when to pinch instead of being stagnant at the blue line, he is good at moving around so he eventually gets lost in coverage as his defender is puck watching, leaving him open for a chance. Very smart player, kid to look out for in the future.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very good skater. Has a high level puck game. Can really put up points. You wish he was taller. I didn't think he was bad defensively, but he's only 5'9 right now, so you'd like him to get taller to feel confident in him being able to hold up defensively once he starts playing against significantly better competition.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Wasn't invited to the National U17 Development Camp, despite clearly being good enough. Seems like Canada decided not to take players intending on playing in the BCHL, considering Noah Kosick wasn't invited either.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Wasn't invited to the National U17 Development Camp, despite clearly being good enough. Seems like Canada decided not to take players intending on playing in the BCHL, considering Noah Kosick wasn't invited either.
Yes it's a bad look for Hockey Canada.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yes it's a bad look for Hockey Canada.
I'm not sure if BCHL players are even allowed to play for HC as the BCHL is no longer part of HC. I'd say it's a way worse look for the BCHL that their rosters are mostly eastern Canadians and US players now, joke of a league that claims to be for developing western players.

Any repercussions that come to the BCHL and the non western players that choose it I don't feel bad for in the slightest. The egos involved in the BCHL is something else

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm not sure if BCHL players are even allowed to play for HC as the BCHL is no longer part of HC. I'd say it's a way worse look for the BCHL that their rosters are mostly eastern Canadians and US players now, joke of a league that claims to be for developing western players.

Any repercussions that come to the BCHL and the non western players that choose it I don't feel bad for in the slightest. The egos involved in the BCHL is something else
I see it differently in that Hockey Canada is the body excluding players not the BCHL.

HC is a fiefdom and much like the IIHF federation they don't actually act in the players best interests all the time but rather have their own interests at heart.

I hope Nyman explodes as a prospect and HC is forced to deal with the embarrassment.

Obviously we are on different sides of the coin here.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I see it differently in that Hockey Canada is the body excluding players not the BCHL.

HC is a fiefdom and much like the IIHF federation they don't actually act in the players best interests all the time but rather have their own interests at heart.

I hope Nyman explodes as a prospect and HC is forced to deal with the embarrassment.

Obviously we are on different sides of the coin here.
Its not an embarrassment. HC doesn't care if they don't use a couple guys that went to the BCHL. There's always 5 other guys waiting in the wings to take their place.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Its not an embarrassment. HC doesn't care if they don't use a couple guys that went to the BCHL. There's always 5 other guys waiting in the wings to take their place.
I guess you're right in that sense and HC really probably doesn't get embarrassed.

That being said I think some top players will keep going to the BCHL as some of them want to keep their options open for US college and not take the HC prescribed route.

And don't think that this is about players interests it's just a pissing match between 2 hockey groups.

I don't have a horse in the race but it seems some top prospects don't mind going the BCHL route.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I guess you're right in that snese and HC really probably doesn't get meberrassed.

That being said I think some top players will keep going to the BCHL as some of them want to keep their options open for US college and not take the HC prescribed route.

And don't think that this is about players interests it's just a pissing match between 2 hockey groups.

I don't have a horse in the race but it seems some top prospects don't mind going the BCHL route.
Oh 100% its petty posturing by hockey organizations. USA hockey does it with CHL players that switch sides all the time. The exchange rate of top Canadians going to the NCAA I don't think is as massive as people make it out to be. For every one of these guys that's off to the BCHL, there's an American kid going to the OHL/WHL. It might not be exactly 1 to1 but it's not one system severely sapping the resources of the other either. Kids have options and more power to them to pick the situation that works for them.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Oh 100% its petty posturing by hockey organizations. USA hockey does it with CHL players that switch sides all the time. The exchange rate of top Canadians going to the NCAA I don't think is as massive as people make it out to be. For every one of these guys that's off to the BCHL, there's an American kid going to the OHL/WHL. It might not be exactly 1 to1 but it's not one system severely sapping the resources of the other either. Kids have options and more power to them to pick the situation that works for them.
It seems petty on the part of HC with the overall picture and I don't blame players for taking other options.

No Hage and Boisvert shows Hockey Canada does not want to encourage kids leaving for the USHL. Wood and Nadeau being the two non CHL kids invited
The number of camp invites is so large that these 2 omissions are simply glaring.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It seems petty on the part of HC with the overall picture and I don't blame players for taking other options.

The number of camp invites is so large that these 2 omissions are simply glaring.
its because he has signed on to play in an outlaw league. the moment that he plays a game in the bchl after sept 30th, he is no longer eligible for any u17 tournaments. why invite him if he has let it be known he will play in a league that is outside of hockey canada's organization.

if he was going to play in the OJ, USHL, whereever, hed be there.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
its because he has signed on to play in an outlaw league. the moment that he plays a game in the bchl after sept 30th, he is no longer eligible for any u17 tournaments. why invite him if he has let it be known he will play in a league that is outside of hockey canada's organization.

if he was going to play in the OJ, USHL, whereever, hed be there.
so you’re telling me he ISN’T the #2 kid in the 2008 class like Puck Preps is trying to make it seem?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
so you’re telling me he ISN’T the #2 kid in the 2008 class like Puck Preps is trying to make it seem?
he could be the best hockey player ever. as long as he is playing for the bchl in its current form, hockey canada won't be using him. when he goes to the NCAA, he probably will have a good chance to make the WJC squad.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Puck preps had the 1st overall pick as a second round guy until a month before the draft. Hes a kid in Ottawa who doesn’t leave his couch.

but, it’s irrelevant, as playing in the BCHL I makes him ineligible. Had he chosen to play in a sanctioned league, he’d be there right now. Look at someone like croskery, he’s signed with Chicago and committed to Boston, he’s there because he earned it. Nyman chose a route that made him ineligible, not much hockey canada can do about that.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad