OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Viewer's should be complaining about the fing horns in Montreal. It's completely on TSN and how much crowd noise they are mixing in. There were points you couldn't hear the commentary. It's completely unnecessary. I've actually muted the TV.
Freeze their bank accounts
That’s the comparable thing for noisy horns
Go Bombers

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Gabe Wallace is in a brace. He'll be out long term I'm guessing.

No Bryant at practice today. No word on his official status yet.

I'm shocked Bombers haven't brought in another lineman yet. Only have American Vanterpool on PR. They'll have to juggle the ratio to add him as an American backup (Adams comes off the DL and Schmekel back in would be my guess), but if Bryant can't go I would think they'll want to roster another OL. Maybe they know Bryant will be fine?

Reactions: snowkiddin

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

I'm shocked Bombers haven't brought in another lineman yet. Only have American Vanterpool on PR. They'll have to juggle the ratio to add him as an American backup (Adams comes off the DL and Schmekel back in would be my guess), but if Bryant can't go I would think they'll want to roster another OL. Maybe they know Bryant will be fine?
I'm no doctor, but i would assume this is the case.

As scary as it looked, dehydration is a pretty simple thing to fix/avoid. In Bryant's case, it was simply just a case of him needing to fully recover from whatever flu/bug/ailment he had.

Given it will be over a full week between the incident and LDC, assuming it's not something like a bad case of COVID, that should be more than enough time for the big man to get back to 100%.

Edit: Having Wolitarsky back in the fold is a huge win too. That for most cases was Zach's safety blanket. Maybe you won't see as many bad/ill-advised throws now.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Julian Good-Jones released by the Commanders today. Former CFLer might be PRed in NFL, but if not that's an interesting name the Bombers should be in on. Primarily played RT with Calgary in 21 and 22, became a CFL FA this past winter. Might be a guy they could add at RT to end this year and move over to LT when Bryant retires. Can play all 5 positions on OL as well.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Julian Good-Jones released by the Commanders today. Former CFLer might be PRed in NFL, but if not that's an interesting name the Bombers should be in on. Primarily played RT with Calgary in 21 and 22, became a CFL FA this past winter. Might be a guy they could add at RT to end this year and move over to LT when Bryant retires. Can play all 5 positions on OL as well.
Is he actually any good or is it just a name?

Reactions: Dirtbag151

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

I mean we can just designate WJ as a cdn at any time instead of fighting the ratio... no?

If Eli starts at RG we should be fine

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I mean we can just designate WJ as a cdn at any time instead of fighting the ratio... no?

If Eli starts at RG we should be fine

For roster composition they are already using the nationalized American rule.

From CFL site
Of the 45 players named to the roster, each team may dress an active roster of 45 players, broken down as follows:

• Maximum of 3 QBs (no designation)
  • Maximum of 19 American players
  • Minimum of 21 National players
    • Including one nationalized American
  • Minimum of 1 Global player
**45th player would be an extra national or global player

Bombers last game dressed
3 QBs
20 Americans
20 Canadians
2 Globals

So they are already using Willie/Bryant/Alexander as a Canadian in terms of roster composition. Pretty sure they have been all year. That's why if they replace backup Canadian G Gabe Wallace with American OL Micah Vanterpool, they'll have to make a American for Canadian switch somewhere else.

Now the number of starting Canadians is different. That's a whole separate issue. But we already started 3 American OL, so starters isn't a problem already, so it won't matter if Eli or Randolph starts at RG. There shouldn't be any issues leaving Randolph starting at RG. It's in the starting where there's the rule about a player only playing 25 snaps if they are a nationalized starter and stuff, but Bombers don't like to play those games so they just start extra Canadians which gives them more leeway to be able to make switches whenever they want without worrying about snap counts.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
For roster composition they are already using the nationalized American rule.

From CFL site
Of the 45 players named to the roster, each team may dress an active roster of 45 players, broken down as follows:

• Maximum of 3 QBs (no designation)
  • Maximum of 19 American players
  • Minimum of 21 National players
    • Including one nationalized American
  • Minimum of 1 Global player
**45th player would be an extra national or global player

Bombers last game dressed
3 QBs
20 Americans
20 Canadians
2 Globals

So they are already using Willie/Bryant/Alexander as a Canadian in terms of roster composition. Pretty sure they have been all year. That's why if they replace backup Canadian G Gabe Wallace with American OL Micah Vanterpool, they'll have to make a American for Canadian switch somewhere else.

Now the number of starting Canadians is different. That's a whole separate issue. But we already started 3 American OL, so starters isn't a problem already, so it won't matter if Eli or Randolph starts at RG. There shouldn't be any issues leaving Randolph starting at RG. It's in the starting where there's the rule about a player only playing 25 snaps if they are a nationalized starter and stuff, but Bombers don't like to play those games so they just start extra Canadians which gives them more leeway to be able to make switches whenever they want without worrying about snap counts.
Probably the most sense is Jeremy Murphy in for Johnson... still not sold on that guy

Collaros going to key in on his main guys anyway

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Probably the most sense is Jeremy Murphy in for Johnson... still not sold on that guy

Collaros going to key in on his main guys anyway
If Woli is back, the best option would be to run...Lawler-Demski-Wilson-Clercius-Wolitarsky with Whitehead as the backup, IMO. I agree I'd rather make the Murphy for Johnson switch if Woli can't go, but the Bombers have shown no inclination to go that way.

Based on how the year has gone with roster moves AND practice yesterday when they ran Lawler-Demski-Wilson-Johnson-Wolitarsky with Whitehead and Clercius as backups, you and I can guess that that is not the route they are going to go. It'll be Devin Adams coming off the roster with Schmekel in and a backup global/Canadian such as Weitz or a Hallett off the roster for Woli if he plays.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
If Woli is back, the best option would be to run...Lawler-Demski-Wilson-Clercius-Wolitarsky with Whitehead as the backup, IMO. I agree I'd rather make the Murphy for Johnson switch if Woli can't go, but the Bombers have shown no inclination to go that way.

Based on how the year has gone with roster moves AND practice yesterday when they ran Lawler-Demski-Wilson-Johnson-Wolitarsky with Whitehead and Clercius as backups, you and I can guess that that is not the route they are going to go. It'll be Devin Adams coming off the roster with Schmekel in and a backup global/Canadian such as Weitz or a Hallett off the roster for Woli if he plays.
I mean you could also move Thomas to backup OL/TE and schmeck/adams rotation

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Sayonara
hilarious to see Ambroise go on about integrity of the league when he let Chad Kelly come back after he harassed a female staffer.

Clown should have been removed after he tried to play fast and loose with the federal government on COVID funding.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They're more than likely over the cap and will pay with draft picks (which, given how...unfruitful the CFL draft tends to be, i don't blame them)

BC's pass rush is so bad even second half Betts is likely an upgrade.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad