OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Marketing is prob 50% of his salary
No marketing money for Betts.

BC is way over the cap. They don't care. They'll be charged dollar for dollar over the cap and once they hit 100K they'll lose a 1st round pick. They are basically trading a 1st rounder and willing to spend whatever money they need to try to get to the Grey Cup.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No marketing money for Betts.

BC is way over the cap. They don't care. They'll be charged dollar for dollar over the cap and once they hit 100K they'll lose a 1st round pick. They are basically trading a 1st rounder and willing to spend whatever money they need to try to get to the Grey Cup.
Let’s all hope they fail miserably.

Hopefully Betts from the second half of last year — aka Captain Invisible — shows up.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
And the other thing I forgot to mention is that with starting Rourke and Betts along with the other 8/9 Canadian Starters they like to use it's likely they'll once again be in the top 2 snaps played by Canadians which gives them an extra pick at the end of the 2nd round. So really they idea is that they will be trading a 1st (they are thinking it will be 9th) + however much money in "luxury tax" for Betts, Rourke, and 2nd (19th/20). Pretty easy deal to make when your owner is willing to fund it.

Bombers are likely once again the other team going to be getting the other extra pick (19/20) due to the number of Canadians they are starting/started this year.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
And the other thing I forgot to mention is that with starting Rourke and Betts along with the other 8/9 Canadian Starters they like to use it's likely they'll once again be in the top 2 snaps played by Canadians which gives them an extra pick at the end of the 2nd round. So really they idea is that they will be trading a 1st (they are thinking it will be 9th) + however much money in "luxury tax" for Betts, Rourke, and 2nd (19th/20). Pretty easy deal to make when your owner is willing to fund it.

Bombers are likely once again the other team going to be getting the other extra pick (19/20) due to the number of Canadians they are starting/started this year.
They’ll also probably get a 1st for VAJ, assuming Rourke sticks around.

I still hope they fail spectacularly. Maybe they can take a page out of the dear New York Rangers’ book, who have been trying to buy championships for what seems like years now.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
They’ll also probably get a 1st for VAJ, assuming Rourke sticks around.

I still hope they fail spectacularly. Maybe they can take a page out of the dear New York Rangers’ book, who have been trying to buy championships for what seems like years now.
They'll get at least a 1st for VA I would think, provably get either another first or another quality player on top. Best comparable is the Ricky Ray trade in 2012, he got a 1st, Steven Jyles (who at the time would be comparable to a Davis Alexander, younger QB whos shown sone promise IIRC) and a kicker. And most even at the time considered it super cheap to acquire Ray. VA was on MOP pace until he met the Bombers the 2nd time anyways. If you have an owner that's willing to spend the money, I mean good for them it's a good strategy.

BCs problem, IMO, was the two spots they are added were two of their stronger positions already. QB was taken care of, they needed OL on O, and the biggest weakness they had/have is in that leaky secondary on D. Increased pressure of course helps the DBs, but still. To me it doesn't move the needle THAT much for BC both these moves. We'll see how it plays out for them.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ottawa brought back Maurice Ffrench earlier this week as well.

Acklin might be gone longterm, but I'm thinking they may be trying to find someone so they can move on from Dominique Rhymes as well. 5th among OTT WRs in yards from scrimmage per game behind Justin Hardy, Jaelin Acklin, Khalil Pimpleton, and Braelon Addison. 0 TDs for a guy known as a red zone threat. He's looking like a bust FA signing, that's for sure.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1725120876072.png

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
collaros is going have to scramble every damn play lol, this is where not having scheon hurts the most

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Maybe this is the week that Johnson does something, Woli in good, Adams out bad but then again he hardly played last week. Hopefully Biggie lasts.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Randolph-Dobson-Kolankowski-Eli-Lofton.

I have concerns.
Honestly I thought Randolph played well... and Eli/vanterpool is an upgrade over neufeld so I'm still not complaining.

Worst case scenario is neufeld gets healthy just in time for playoffs

I'm more concerned about Johnson starting over clercius because I really like clercius blocking

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Honestly I thought Randolph played well... and Eli/vanterpool is an upgrade over neufeld so I'm still not complaining.

Worst case scenario is neufeld gets healthy just in time for playoffs

I'm more concerned about Johnson starting over clercius because I really like clercius blocking
Bombers like to use alot of 6 and 7 man fronts. When they went down OL last game they had Clercius and FB Bailey Feltmate covering in those sets. With only 6 OL dressed and Feltmate out, expect Clercius to see quite a few plays as a TE this game.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Bombers like to use alot of 6 and 7 man fronts. When they went down OL last game they had Clercius and FB Bailey Feltmate covering in those sets. With only 6 OL dressed and Feltmate out, expect Clercius to see quite a few plays as a TE this game.
I'd still just use Thomas in that role... basically what he does on the DL haha

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
There were more Wpg Jets jerseys there than Redblacks... 😏 Quite a few friendly Bomber fans, too.

Gorgeous day (but atrocious reffing...). If I was an Ottawa fan I'd be pissed off (though Rourke legit picked apart their D today).

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
There were more Wpg Jets jerseys there than Redblacks... 😏 Quite a few friendly Bomber fans, too.

Gorgeous day (but atrocious reffing...). If I was an Ottawa fan I'd be pissed off (though Rourke legit picked apart their D today).
I’m not convinced the Redblacks weren’t tanking for Bedard today. They seemed to be intentionally screwing everything up.

Reactions: Stumbledore

DoubleEFan

Aug 26, 2024
Does anyone know how long Chris Jones is going to be the defensive coordinator in Hamilton? Is it just for this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad