Prospect Info: (D) Nolan Allan - 2021 32nd Overall

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
you would rather have Nolan Allen?
Not sure, tbh.

On draft day I would've 100% gone with Zellweger.

Allan is a low upside player.

But if he winds up a staple on your bottom pair, isn't a liability, can take the physicality of playoff hockey, meanwhile Zellweger turns into a struggling top 4 PP merchant... then the choice is clear.

If Zellweger develops into something like Torey Krug at minimum, I think that's better than Allan's ceiling. Though I don't think that's a fit for what KD is trying to build.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not sure, tbh.

On draft day I would've 100% gone with Zellweger.

Allan is a low upside player.

But if he winds up a staple on your bottom pair, isn't a liability, can take the physicality of playoff hockey, meanwhile Zellweger turns into a struggling top 4 PP merchant... then the choice is clear.

If Zellweger develops into something like Torey Krug at minimum, I think that's better than Allan's ceiling. Though I don't think that's a fit for what KD is trying to build.
Unless a young smurf dman is another Quinn Hughes, I doubt JD will draft him. I believe he was sick and tired of the Stan Bowman days where he would choose weaklings that had offensive flashes in their game but little else. I think Luke and JD are on the same page in that regard.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yes.

His contract in the KHL ends after this season, so LA will finally be able to bring him over.

He's a talented stay at home defenseman, and I look forward to seeing him play in the NHL.
Even if Kirsanov is a solid player, it does show the benefits to having a similarly caliber North American player that you can get into multiple training camps, place on your AHL team, send up and down as needed during formative developmental years. If Kirsanov does sign, he'll be 23 and if he doesn't take a spot right away, may not stay around very long since he can make better money in the KHL than hanging around signing 2-way league minimum deals.

Reactions: Dead Meat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad