2024-25 EPL Season

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
According to Paul Joyce, LFC is closing in on extensions for two defenders than need new contracts!

Oh wait, its Konate and Quansah - not Trent and Virgil.

Not that LFC doesn't need Konate and Quansah extended too, but there is still no end in sight for extensions for Virgil and Trent (and Salah).

Starting to feel very Mookie Betts

They're extending the ones who want to stay. I have had the feeling for a while that TAA and Van Dyk have been looking at this summer as an exit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They're extending the ones who want to stay. I have had the feeling for a while that TAA and Van Dyk have been looking at this summer as an exit.
They are extending the easier ones/cheaper ones. Trent and Virgil (and Salah) want to stay. The issue if FSG not wanting to give big extensions out.

With Trent especially, it should have been done last year, but the powers that be wanted to wait for a full time sporting director to be in place so they literally just kicked the can on it (dumb). And honestly if Trent wants to go to Madrid, no one can really blame him - but losing him for free would be such a botch.

Not that Virgil and Salah leaving wouldn’t also be a botch, but you could at least try (unsuccessfully) to sell me on the fact that they didn’t want to give big extension to players older than 31; BUT there is/was also no succession planning at either of those positions either. Like if LFC had bought Yoro and Minteh this summer (using both as an example since they went this summer and there were links) which they certainly could have, that would have at least made some sense as a contingency plan. Much better to integrate over a season and not have to rush someone in (hell if Trent leaves at least Conor Bradley is there), but there is no sugarcoating here - LFC have handled this in the worst way possible.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'd hate it if Trent makes his way to Madrid because he's offering them the creativity and set pieces deliveries they've missed since Kroos retired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad