Prospect Info: (D) Nolan Allan - 2021 32nd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I was very sour on Stan at the time - not many of his defenseman picks hit and then giving up on them early in trades made me skeptical.... I'm still sour on him and wonder what he could've done with the Reichel pick in that draft.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Still think the pick was relatively lower ceiling relative to some of the other options available. It was a weird pick not because he was a bad pick, but because we needed some higher end swings with the roster we had. We weren’t supplementing a contender.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Wasn't Allan projected to be drafted in late 30's thru 50 range?

Not that much of a reach taking him at #32

Also, since being drafted he has won a gold as part of Canada's WJC so it's not like his stock as a prospect has declined since draft. If anything, he is looking more and more worthy of being drafted in 1st round
Alan.png

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
No idea what the Jones trade has to do with drafting a defenseman at 32. You need six he's not a goalie.
Yes but we traded pick 12 and a future first at the time when this team wasnt close to being a playoff team. Stan felt that the team over performing in 2021 in a division only season meant that they were a jones away from contending which fans knew already there was a lot more work needed to be done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad