D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Might seem iffy to send him back half way through the season while kind of giving him the run around treatment during his time in the pros. But it might be useful for him to see the pro game for himself, know what he needs to work on, and figure that out in juniors where I can afford to work on his game more.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Clarke will be a good nhl player…. Maybe leave some to desire defensively but fantastic offensively. He’s got a little cockiness to his game which I assume king fans will hate…. I think he’s kinda like the zegras of young dmen.
Do you know who Drew Doughty is? :laugh: He’s one of the cockiest, most brash players in the league and he’s universally adored by Kings fans because he’s the best defenseman in franchise history. He’s settled down a bit with age, but as an ~18-25 year old he was doing the same type of stuff Clarke and Zegras do in that regard.

We love that Clarke has that swagger. I think we all hope he knows it’ll put a target on his back at times though. He’s a bigger guy who keeps his head up, so he’ll be fine.

Last edited:

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Do you know who Drew Doughty is? :laugh: He’s one of the cockiest, most brash players in the league and he’s universally adored by Kings fans because he’s the best defenseman in franchise history. He’s settled down a bit with age, but as an ~18-25 year old he was doing the same type of stuff Clarke and Zegras do in that regard.

We love that Clarke has that swagger. I think we all hope he knows it’ll put a target on his back at times though. He’s a bigger guy who keeps his head up, so he’ll be fine.

Reactions: funky

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Might seem iffy to send him back half way through the season while kind of giving him the run around treatment during his time in the pros. But it might be useful for him to see the pro game for himself, know what he needs to work on, and figure that out in juniors where I can afford to work on his game more.

In a more competent organization I'd like him to stay in the NHL because there's only so much more he can learn muscling up and running and gunning teens instead of learning pro systems, NHL speed/size/pace, and feeling out his game at the next level.

But with how f***ing stupid the Kings have been with their prospects the last two years, I'm begrudgingly ok with it. It's just like they're talking out of both sides of their mouths, with how they want Byfield OUT of those leagues because of bad habits he'll pick up, yet Clarke...ehhh I digress.

Reactions: kinghock

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
In a more competent organization I'd like him to stay in the NHL because there's only so much more he can learn muscling up and running and gunning teens instead of learning pro systems, NHL speed/size/pace, and feeling out his game at the next level.

But with how f***ing stupid the Kings have been with their prospects the last two years, I'm begrudgingly ok with it. It's just like they're talking out of both sides of their mouths, with how they want Byfield OUT of those leagues because of bad habits he'll pick up, yet Clarke...ehhh I digress.
I just think they don’t have much option. The pro team has too many defenseman. Spence should be in the NHL too. It’ll work out but Blake needs to get some movement done.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Clarke was the top point-getter among defense for Canada. 2 goals, 6 assists for 8 points in 7 games. Zellweger had 6 assists in 7 games. Both have bright futures in the NHL, in my opinion.
Yeah, I was looking at stats that hadn't yet been updated after the last game. I've edited my post.

Reactions: JohnLennon

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I just think they don’t have much option. The pro team has too many defenseman. Spence should be in the NHL too. It’ll work out but Blake needs to get some movement done.
My Canucks would love to help you guys out and take Grans and Spence off your hands.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
f***in sweet, so glad he's back there working on his defensive game, gaps, and positioning/battling vs. grown professional men
Oh what's that, he's just shaking down kids before the pre-SAT for their lunch money?
Who ever could have seen this coming?
But it's cool, they have a weight room, so that's like totally the same thing anyway.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings dev team should keep tabs on him and make sure he hits the weight room. I expect him to make the team next year.

Reactions: brakeyawself

TF1970

May 9, 2021
no such thing as too much time at said level below the NHL IMO, whether that be junior, american league, etc.

Reactions: PBandJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad