D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He already played in a men’s league two years ago.

Looked okay with LA so this is just a playground for him. Not sure if he gets better defensively now because offensively he is very eager.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Watched him live twice in the last two weeks, his skating is not an issue as some claim but he does cough up some ugly turnovers. The skill is plain to see, he just needs to bulk up and clean up the brain farts. He will never be as good as Doughty was but he does have 1st pairing upside. I see alot of Klingberg in him, maybe a hair less mobile but very similar players.

He looks to have a relatively higher ceiling to Klingberg. Quinn Hughes maybe? All though Clarke could still end up better than Hughes defensively.

Reactions: kinghock

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He looks to have a relatively higher ceiling to Klingberg. Quinn Hughes maybe? All though Clarke could still end up better than Hughes defensively.

I think Quinn is more dynamic but I agree that Clarke should be better defensively even if that is unlikely to ever be a strong suit for him.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Literally Bobby Orr

(I kid of course, sometimes it's hard to tell around here.)

Seriously, I do like his upside. Can't wait to see him in the Kings lineup next year.
Hes going to be in the AHL next year because Sean Walker and Durzi. Not even joking around.
LA is really screwing with their prospects.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What I find most remarkable is he set a franchise record in defensemen scoring for Barrie, despite not having an OHL season in his draft year (COVID) and not playing half a season this year due to the Kings shelving him.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's way too good for junior hockey especially offensively to the point where he may be getting some bad habits.... He's going to look good on the Kings next season (assuming that's where he goes).

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
He's way too good for junior hockey especially offensively to the point where he may be getting some bad habits.... He's going to look good on the Kings next season (assuming that's where he goes).
Ha! You’re assuming too much.. We Kings fans have come to the conclusion that he’ll be in Ontario next season..
Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the Kings try him at LHD to get him paired with Roy or Doughty

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Ha! You’re assuming too much.. We Kings fans have come to the conclusion that he’ll be in Ontario next season..
Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the Kings try him at LHD to get him paired with Roy or Doughty

That's because we are jaded with the overuse of AHL. It's used too much as a one-size fits all.

Given how he was deployed at the beginning of the year, it sure didn't seem like TM wanted him out of the lineup. It might have been all planned that way, but if it was purely the coach's choice it's a possibility he would have been a regular. TM really seemed to like him over others, at least more than I expected.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Clarke is exactly the same player as Klingberg. Klingberg was an outstanding and dynamic player in his prime.
Um, Klingberg is just 30 years old. His "prime" was a 4 year span from his 2nd year to his 4th year, where he scored 58, 49, 67 and 45 respectively. So his "Prime" was 2 really good seasons, and 2 above average seasons...... So sure, those were the "prime" years of his career, but theoretically he should be in his prime at this moment and he should have been in his prime the last 3-4 year..... so what happened aside from those 4 years of which TWO at least in terms of offensive production, could be considered "outstanding". That's it.

That's the bar you are setting for Clarke's ceiling? Why because you see similarities in their skating and play style? That's ridiculous.

Klingberg was a solid player, very good even. "Outstanding"? I mean...... yea he was good. lol. Clarke has more potential.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad