D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Ah, just found another angle:

Here it looks completely different - that does look like a headshot, and an ~5 game suspension at the OHL level, especially since Mysak was hurt. Honestly not sure what to think here, the two angles tell very different stories.

That brings a little more clarity on the situation, thanks for finding this video. More contact with the head on this angle for sure. Can't do that in juniors and a suspension is probably warranted here. Hope Mysak is okay.

Reactions: ponder

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Someone was asking in another thread why scoring has gone up in the NHL. Not so long ago that was a good hit. Just sayin'
And in not so long when more research is done on ex-players brains well see a massive percentage of them have CTE and live dark and depressed lives post retirement because of it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
8 is pretty excessive, IMO. 2-4, sure, but for me 8 should be for something more severe.

That being said, this is exactly the kind of hit that they want out of the sport at all levels.

Yeah, I assume that they're being extra severe because they really want to discourage these kids early. He and every other OHL player is being sent a message here. It's a development league, after all. They're there to develop good habits, not simply to have fun and rack up points.

Reactions: atalowe

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Even for the OHL, and even with the other angle, 8 seems long to me. I would’ve thought 3-5. IMO there was no malice, he wasn’t targeting the head, seemed to be going for a standard shoulder to shoulder hit and missed by a few inches.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
That's long.... I think 4-5 games would have been fair.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Branch hates Barrie. Ask Sheldon Keefe. Every time there's a suspension to a Colt you're like "Why is it so long?"
How many games does Barrie have left with Kingston? Also, what are the current odds that Barrie and Kingston match up in the first round?

Head of officiating has a son on Kingston.

Connect the dots.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
And in not so long when more research is done on ex-players brains well see a massive percentage of them have CTE and live dark and depressed lives post retirement because of it.
I agree, the speed and (force) with which players play today is well beyond the capacity of any human body to endure without damage.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Where do we see this guy projecting in the NHL? I've read the second coming of Q. Hughes or Hedman down to maybe he can be Bouchard; where are falling on him here?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Where do we see this guy projecting in the NHL? I've read the second coming of Q. Hughes or Hedman down to maybe he can be Bouchard; where are falling on him here?
Bouchard level sounds about right, maybe Klingberg if he develops correctly. We'll see how the Kings organization develops him.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I’m not sure why Clarke’s stock seems to have dropped. He’s still one of the best prospects in hockey, and one of the most underrated in my opinion.

Bouchard level sounds about right, maybe Klingberg if he develops correctly. We'll see how the Kings organization develops him.

Bouchard would be a great outcome. He projects to be a top-pairing defenseman, potentially a true #1.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
What actually has Q. Hughes ever accomplished to be a second coming. That’s more interesting.
Tell me what team would not want a 68-point player, let alone 22-yo defenseman…

Real dumb take, my friend. Quinn is a special player, whose career is just getting started.

Clarke could be a better player one day, but that would be a pretty amazing feat in itself.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Tell me what team would not want a 68-point player, let alone 22-yo defenseman…

Real dumb take, my friend. Quinn is a special player, whose career is just getting started.

Clarke could be a better player one day, but that would be a pretty amazing feat in itself.
Exactly.

I don’t think anyone realistically sees Clarke ever reaching the same level as Quinn Hughes. Possible, but unlikely.

Reactions: Clam Jensen and bsu

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
I still like John Carlson as a comp for him I went and saw him at development last week and you can tell he sees the ice at a different level and is able to completely control the tempo. I've heard Klingberg as another comparison but I think Brandt will be much better on the defensive side. Bummer he's not left-handed otherwise he'd be our best Ld and easily make the team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad