D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's possible.... Zellweger was basically in his spot for Team Canada

Clarke: 32 games, 43 points, 8 goals, 34 assists, +19 , 107 sog turns 19 in 9 days
Zellweger: 30 games, 39 points, 8 goals, 31 assists, +33, 118 sog turns 19 in 8 months

Clarke has way better size but Zellweger is a lot more mobile and an elite skater, depends what you like.

There are more players but I know the most about my teams prospect so just throwing a comparable out there.
It's closer than I would've guessed, I thought Clarke was more ahead.
To his defense, he is absolutely leading his team in points while Zell has seemingly a better team and is #6 on his team. As a Ducks fan, stoked to have Zell, but I guess Clarke should be the most promising D prospect until proven otherwise (or until left out of Canada roster :sarcasm:)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Clarke is the better prospect, he was literally just drafted higher & hasn't done anything to lower his stock (unless you count not making team Canada but everyone knows that was a joke). Zellweger is only comparable imo because he's 5 days from being in this 2022 draft and have similar numbers.

Reactions: kinghock and Kalv

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Even without taking into account his crazy offensive output I've been pretty impressed by Clarke in the last couple of games I've seen. His skating has gotten a bit better compared to last year, and he's also visibly stronger and with better balance while still being as smart on the ice as ever.

Clarke has always been a ++ prospect but even then I'm liking his progression thus far. Kings fans have a really good one on their hands.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Leading scorer of his team, captain and OHL leading defenseman in scoring. Kings in good hands to pass the torch on from Doughty. Looks like a smaller more offensive Seider.

Reactions: kinghock

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Definitely loved this pick for LA. Always had a hunch that NJ should've taken him, but they wanted the other Hughes brother

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Leading scorer of his team, captain and OHL leading defenseman in scoring. Kings in good hands to pass the torch on from Doughty. Looks like a smaller more offensive Seider.

Not at all, more like Klingberg, which is a steal at where LA got him.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
We will see how LA develops him because as of right now I don't trust their development plans at all. Luckily for the Kings have so many high/grade A prospects that even if a few pan out they will still be set.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We will see how LA develops him because as of right now I don't trust their development plans at all. Luckily for the Kings have so many high/grade A prospects that even if a few pan out they will still be set.

Your argument has legs for LA's forward prospects, but LA consistently churns out good-to-great defensemen. I'm not worried at all. Look how well Spence and Grans are doing in the AHL as rookies. Look how well Durzi is doing with the Kings. This is their bread and butter. Clarke might make the big club next season.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Your argument has legs for LA's forward prospects, but LA consistently churns out good-to-great defensemen. I'm not worried at all. Look how well Spence and Grans are doing in the AHL as rookies. Look how well Durzi is doing with the Kings. This is their bread and butter. Clarke might make the big club next season.
I don't make judgements anymore until a prospect is in the NHL.... but Durzi is definitely looking damn good.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't make judgements anymore until a prospect is in the NHL.... but Durzi is definitely looking damn good.

For sure, I'm not saying they're guaranteed not to bust or anything, just that LA's defensive development pipeline is really good and that I don't have the same fears defensively as I do offensively.

Reactions: kinghock and bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad