D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Confused why some Ducks fans are questioning someone who agreed their prospect Perrault should've been invited to USA camp, but thinks Clarke (who is a top-10 pick compared to late first, aswell as this being a thread about Brandt Clarke) is a better prospect...

Because the same damn poster's schtick is to come to every Kings prospect thread and make damn sure we know some Ducks prospect is better. It's neverending. Smartest thing to do is just ignore it.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Confused why some Ducks fans are questioning someone who agreed their prospect Perrault should've been invited to USA camp, but thinks Clarke (who is a top-10 pick compared to late first, aswell as this being a thread about Brandt Clarke) is a better prospect...

Did anyone say Perrault is a better prospect? He is a year older. I'm saying right now he is a bigger snub then Clarke.
I would trade Perrault for Clarke in a second. This is not a rivalry thing at all.

Edit: Really funny because going into their respective drafts I wanted all of these guys at the Ducks spots:

Clarke (after Eklund and Hughes)
Grans
Turcotte
Kaliyev

I'm probably a bigger fan of Kings prospects then some Kings fans lol.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
My guess is he couldn’t get an American passport in time, he mentioned to Stéphane Leroux he did not have one

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hockey Canada is one of the dumbest organizations out there. They have the most talented pool of hockey players to choose from every year, and almost never choose the most talented players to play on their team. "Let's pick the 19 year old 6'4 guy that will make 2 hits a game instead of this 1.5 PPG 17 year old."
17 year olds are almost never good at WJC though. Even 18 year olds rarely dominate.
You need a team, not just the highest PPG players.
Right or wrong on Clarke I have no idea.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It shouldn't be confusing if you've spent any time seeing Ducks fans post around these forums.

Omitting Clarke is just sad.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
It shouldn't be confusing if you've spent any time seeing Ducks fans post around these forums.

Omitting Clarke is just sad.

76460892.jpg

Reactions: gunnergunther

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Button and MacKenzie just did a quick Team Canada review on TSN of the locks and they didn't mention the Clarke situation at all. That's weird. Seems to me they would have given the value of the prospect???

Team Canada can do no wrong, in the eyes of TSN.........ESPECIALLY during the WJCs.

Pumping their tires all year round, and once the tourney hits its' stride, anything less than Gold is catastrophic.

Been like that for quite some time now, and even if this review took place after the Clarke snub became public knowledge, I'm willing to bet the talking heads at TSN still wouldn't dare question it.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
IMO the biggest WJC omission since Kyle Connor the year he finished with over 70 pts in the NCAA.
I didn't start closely following the World Juniors (and for that matter most prospects in general until the about 5 years ago or so), but that seems like an egregious snub.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Because the rivalry supersedes logic.
They may dislike the Knights more now, but the Kings will always be their primary rival just based on geography.
They see a lot of Kings fans :)
Meh kings fans are alright… I prob spend more time on their forums than ducks forums

softest hfboard rivalries in the league

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I love snubs like this. Similar to Kaliyev dropping to the 2nd round. Kid is going to have a chip on his shoulder for a while. Thanks to Team Canada!

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly, I’ve always considered it closer to a strength than a weakness. Then again, it seems the majority of people insist on critiquing his skating, when I have always thought it’s the biggest part of his game (however clunky it looks).

Same. I guess I"m just curious how he's improving this year all around. Didnt mean to suggest it's a weakness; just that we KNOW the offense is there for sure!

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Same. I guess I"m just curious how he's improving this year all around. Didnt mean to suggest it's a weakness; just that we KNOW the offense is there for sure!

I've never really considered him "weak" or "poor" defensively, I simply questioned some of his choices looking for offense that led to chances against.

He's improved in that area, IMO.

However, I've always been high on him, I believe if you search this thread (not sure if this thread or another), I had him as the #1 player going into the 21' draft.

Edit - It was here, when he was snubbed by Team Canada LAST YEAR, lol

WJC: - 2021 Canada Roster Talk

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Question: Is Clarke the #1 prospect offensive defenseman outside the NHL today?
It's possible.... Zellweger was basically in his spot for Team Canada

Clarke: 32 games, 43 points, 8 goals, 34 assists, +19 , 107 sog turns 19 in 9 days
Zellweger: 30 games, 39 points, 8 goals, 31 assists, +33, 118 sog turns 19 in 8 months

Clarke has way better size but Zellweger is a lot more mobile and an elite skater, depends what you like.

There are more players but I know the most about my teams prospect so just throwing a comparable out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
It's possible.... Zellweger was basically in his spot for Team Canada

Clarke: 32 games, 43 points, 8 goals, 34 assists, +19 , 107 sog turns 19 in 9 days
Zellweger: 30 games, 39 points, 8 goals, 31 assists, +33, 118 sog turns 19 in 8 months

Clarke has way better size but Zellweger is a lot more mobile and an elite skater, depends what you like.

There are more players but I know the most about my teams prospect so just throwing a comparable out there.
Had a feeling you'd be in here commenting about Zellweger

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad