D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just an inexcusable miss from Team Canada. He's the leading scorer among defensemen in the OHL. He was just named captain of the Colts. He almost made the Kings out of camp before going down with mono. He won't be available next year because he'll be with the Kings. Just a crazy decision.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Would love to hear the reasoning behind why he didn’t even get a look at camp…

Pretty inexcusable omission at first glance.

Clarke
Guhle
Power
Lambos
Ceulemans

Would’ve been an incredible blue line.

Reactions: Dominance

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Would love to hear the reasoning behind why he didn’t even get a look at camp…

Pretty inexcusable omission at first glance.

Clarke
Guhle
Power
Lambos
Ceulemans

Would’ve been an incredible blue line.

I wonder if two of those names (Power and Ceuleman)have to do with covid protocol when crossing the boarder. I willing to bet at least one player left off the roster is due to being unvaccinated

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Basically said that he heard rumors for some time that Clarke might not be selected, he disagrees with the decision. Never explicitly says why, the closest thing is he basically explains that Canada is picking a team with an identity in mind, and Clarke doesn't fit that identity with his style of play.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Correct. And somebody who had Lambos higher than Clarke on draft day. Oh, and aren’t you a kings fan?
I am but I prefer all scouting services and draft pedigree over homerism. If it was the other way around, I would not make a comment like that. This is a Clarke thread after all but you felt the need to talk about Lambos due to homerism.

Doesnt mean Lambos will not become a better player in the end.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Brandt Clarke headlines drafted OHL Prospects, Prospects Report, Page 1 (nbcsportsedge.com)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Just an inexcusable miss from Team Canada. He's the leading scorer among defensemen in the OHL. He was just named captain of the Colts. He almost made the Kings out of camp before going down with mono. He won't be available next year because he'll be with the Kings. Just a crazy decision.

Agree with all of this but Canada is good enough to still win gold.

If that happens no one will care and even if it doesn’t blame can be cast elsewhere.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Agree with all of this but Canada is good enough to still win gold.

If that happens no one will care and even if it doesn’t blame can be cast elsewhere.
Agreed. I think at best he was 3rd on Canada's depth chart behind Power and Guhle, but he should've been easily our best RHD. The knock on Clarke is Canada is loaded with puck moving defenseman, and some of the others will bring better skating/other tools in Hockey Canada's eyes.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Most WJ games I've seen in my lifetime are run and gun - lights out score as much as you can. Occasionally we get into a 1-1 overtime situation. If tight we could limit his minutes. I would have had Brandt running PP2 and jumping into the play constantly on the second pair. He would have had a solid pairing to allow him freedom to roam.

But what I really want to know is why not invite? Why not have that look???

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Meh, rest the kid and save him from injury. The snub is real but he will get his chance to prove them wrong in the show. It will be interesting to see the squad they assemble though. Sounds like they are going with the good Ole 1980 I don't want the best players, I want the right ones mentality. Risky maneuver but could be genius, only time will tell. Dean Lombardi had that mentality too until it cost him. He was the type that would bring goons and grinders to the Olympics over all-stars if he could.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad