D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Canada always seems to do something that makes you scratch your head. This is it for this year.

Cutting him at camp is one thing, but not even being invited? Damn.
Reminds me of people losing their minds over Newhook in 2020. We still ended up winning gold. There's always a player either the coach or Hockey Canada is more down on than the public consensus. Sometimes it might be political (NCAA kids), other times it may just be differing opinions (Dal Colle in 2016 or Cody Glass in 2018).

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Reminds me of people losing their minds over Newhook in 2020. We still ended up winning gold. There's always a player either the coach or Hockey Canada is more down on than the public consensus. Sometimes it might be political (NCAA kids), other times it may just be differing opinions (Dal Colle in 2016 or Cody Glass in 2018).

Logan Couture back in the day stands out to me for some reason. They can always ice a great team for sure, the talent pool is deep, doesnt mean there isnt some headscratchers, even if things work out for the best.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He might have an attitude problem we don't know about.

But the blue-line is pretty stacked already, I just wonder if Bedard/Wright/Savoie make the team with all the offensive talent Canada has.

Reactions: Realgud and Kalv

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
He might have an attitude problem we don't know about.

But the blue-line is pretty stacked already, I just wonder if Bedard/Wright/Savoie make the team with all the offensive talent Canada has.
What indication is there that he has an attitude problem? This day and age there isn’t hiding this kind of thing lol

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yes that is a tweet from one of the most credible sources in hockey. Huge shocker Clarke didn't get an invite, especially with our lack of RHD. Maybe its COVID related, maybe it's something else idk.

He should dominate the OHL while the other WJ guys are gone for a month or so.
You're right, might be covid related. Otherwise that is very weird.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
they didn't pick him because he wears #55 and team Canada is pissed at Kronwall for doing too good a job with the Wings Swedish prospects

....makes about as much sense as any other reason

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Button and MacKenzie just did a quick Team Canada review on TSN of the locks and they didn't mention the Clarke situation at all. That's weird. Seems to me they would have given the value of the prospect???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad