Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
No fan should be rooting for management to play hard ball with one of their core pieces. This isn’t a Jake DeBrusk you’re talking about it’s the future netminder you think will get you a cup. If the Bruins shit the bed will you give the brass a standing ovation and and be thankful they held firm?

Team has the cap room, absolutely zero talent coming up that will require a big day and stars don’t come up in UFA, only guys you need to overpay like Lindholm, Zadorov, Stephenson, Compher etc

So trade him. Give him 2 years so he can be a UFA then. What’s that? Brass doesn’t have the balls?
More cap space is better for the team

I also want to know why I haven't seen one person call Elias Lindholm or Nikita Zadorov selfish. Why is an overpriced free agent deal not some sort of personal failing worthy of scorn but Jeremy Swayman is a selfish dickhead? Why didn't Lindholm or Zadorov sign for a lot less? Why didn't they take team friendly deals? What teh f*** have they ever done for the Boston Bruins? Jeremy Swayman has done a shit ton, but he's the bad guy and they're swell fellas?

"Well, they were free agents and he's restricted."

If they cared about winning they wouldn't have handicapped the Bs with these high-priced deals, right? Or does that only go one (s)way when we want to shit all over a talented homegrown kid who has never given us a reason to root against him?
That’s the way it works. You love Boston. The town the Team the players. Settle for a bit less and win more.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
It's all probably just manufactured drama for the Amazon TV series. This will be a great episode to market the intensity between gm and player in contract negotiations.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was already filmed. It covers the players from last year and in the playoffs.

Would be surprised if Swayman let cameras follow him around as long as he doesn't have a contract.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
My only wish was that this situation was signed, sealed, and delivered before Linus was traded.
I haven't followed the intricacies of this fiasco as much as others, but this is what I don't understand.

I recall Ullmark made some cryptic remarks at season's end about a "revenge tour," and I know he and Swayman are close. It seems like there was stuff going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
All the reasons have been explained to you why that is. Its kind of up to you to figure it out now.
The reasons are nonsense. Hellebuyck got 6 6 years ago, Gibson 5 years ago. Cap is going to be 92 million next season, Swayman is your cornerstone. 6+ years 8+ million. It's simple. It's fair. It's what he deserves.

• Haha
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
It wasn’t that long ago that Korpisalo was a mid 20s best player on a second round exit playoff team and people are stroking out over paying him 3m…
Korpisalo career.

.488 QS% 3.06gaa -62.5 GSAA .901 sv pct.

His contract was laughed at here when signed by Ottawa.

Look at a guy like John Gibson who has played on terrible teams as well,

.534 / 2.90 / -0.6 / .910

It’s not selfish it’s just stupid. Swayman is about to earn zero dollars for a season where he’d be odds on favorite to win the Vezina. Just because his agent got huge deals out of other teams doesn’t mean it will work with the Bruins.

We blinked with Pasternak and McAvoy because we didn’t think we could possibly replace either. Swayman is clearly different.

I’d give him the deal he wants we have the cap room. But if it doesn’t happen Bussi and Korpisalo with money for a first line forward instead of Sway and then some picks might be ok. Or Linus on a team friendly seal next summer lol. Those options are a lot better than say replacing Pasternaks 50 goals during training camp.
I wouldn't call Sweeney stupid, just maybe somewhat short sighted and penny wise pound foolish

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If he understands his comparables, he must realize his AAV is likely in the $6M-$8M range depending on length?

Probably in the $7.5-$8.5 range.

All star goalie who was probably the best goalie in the playoffs last year.

$8.25 would put him tied for 5th in the league in goalie salary. Oettinger and shesterkin will be getting paid next offseason so in 10 month swayman will probably be the 7th highest paid goalie if he gets $8.25.

If swayman signs a 6-8 year deal at $8.25, by the end of that contract he won’t be even a top 10 paid goalie anymore.

Pay him anything under $7.5 and he might not be a top 15 paid goalie by the end of a 8 year deal.

It is absurd to even suggest his value is in the $6s

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
McAvoy and Pastrnak didn't take less
Pasta highest RW contract in the league 2023-24. Charlie McAvoy ties for 3rd highest RHD in the league in 2022-24.

Paying Sway 8-8.5 would put him 5/6 this year and 6/7 when Igor inks an extension.

More cap space is better for the team

That’s the way it works. You love Boston. The town the Team the players. Settle for a bit less and win more.
Did you just see what this team has done with it's 25 mil cap space this season? Don't mind the players, but that's what you get in July.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Pasta highest RW contract in the league 2023-24. Charlie McAvoy ties for 3rd highest RHD in the league in 2022-24.

Paying Sway 8-8.5 would put him 5/6 this year and 6/7 when Igor inks an extension.

Did you just see what this team has done with it's 25 mil cap space this season? Don't mind the players, but that's what you get in July.
What is your maximum? And what if Sweeney is on the same page as you…what would you do?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All the reasons have been explained to you why that is. Its kind of up to you to figure it out now.

Those trying to explain why swayman is with $6m are wrong.

That’s just the Sweeney Weenie crowd deflecting.

He’s an all star goalie that is roughly 4th-7th in the league right now among goaltenders and should be paid accordingly.

$6m’s will put him outside the top 10 in a year or two.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Those trying to explain why swayman is with $6m are wrong.

That’s just the Sweeney Weenie crowd deflecting.

He’s an all star goalie that is roughly 4th-7th in the league right now among goaltenders and should be paid accordingly.

$6m’s will put him outside the top 10 in a year or two.
Come back and see us when he proves he's a number one goalie, then we can talk.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The most coveted UFA this summer?

Cap hit isn’t crazy and Lindholm could have had that same offer from 15-20 teams.
Even if you are right about the cap, which I disagree with you , the term is horrible, I said in the past that this contract will not age well.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’ve been saying $8s maybe high $7s.

However if we are comparing $6m and $9m. There is an infinitely stronger case for $9m than $6m
Depends on the term. For a four year deal only buying out 2 UFA years you’re closer to 6 than 9. For an 8 year deal I’d agree because 8 is closer to 9 than 6.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
It's a Friday which means the chances of Boston actually trading Swayman are at their highest level of the week.
If the rumors of his asking price is correct good luck finding a team in the league that will pick up the phone.

DS knows this as well. Swayman and his agent will come back down to reality at some point.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad