Value of: Crosby to the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
I mean they're really not any better of a contender than the Penguins.

The Avs have bad goaltending and very questionable depth. Their defense and top-6 are both absurd, but you can't win with that alone.
Again: really mate?

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
What did I say that was wrong?

When the Avs get beyond the 2nd round, then you can call them "better contenders" than the Penguins.
Are the Pens the favorite to win their division? Top 2 in their Conference? Are you sure you are talking about the 2021/2022 season?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Pens are 15-5-1 since Crosby came back, and they still don't have Malkin.

I'm pretty sure the last thing they're thinking about is how to get rid of their captain and go for the rebuild.

Reactions: Rich Nixon and Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Are the Pens the favorite to win their division? Top 2 in their Conference? Are you sure you are talking about the 2021/2022 season?

The Penguins have basically the same win% this year as the Avs despite Malkin not playing a single game this year.

The Penguins are still an elite team and have proven they know what it takes to win. The Avs haven't won anything with their team.

Reactions: gunnergunther

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
The Pens golden years are coming to a close, regardless of any recent win streaks. They will most likely get bounced again in the first or second round, especially with Sullivan behind the bench.

Sid to the Avs makes sense. He gets another shot at a cup on a legit contender, and gets to play with his buddy Mack. Pens get a nice return in order to rebuild. What would it take?
1487196367436.png

Reactions: Extra Texture

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The Penguins have basically the same win% this year as the Avs despite Malkin not playing a single game this year.

The Penguins are still an elite team and have proven they know what it takes to win. The Avs haven't won anything with their team.
Basically the same? 72% is the same as 66%? That equates to 5 more wins over the course of a full season.

And yes, the Pens are missing Malkin, but are we pretending Avs are a beacon of great health? Toews, Nate, Nuke, Gabe, Byram have all missed a significant number of games so far.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I am beyond puzzled that there are five pages on this.

Anyway, no, call us again with this offer and not only will we block your number, but we'll lock you in a dark room with Ron Hextall and his old goalie stick.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Anyway, no, call us again with this offer and not only will we block your number, but we'll lock you in a dark room with Ron Hextall and his old goalie stick.

What offer is that?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Yeah, not enough third round picks and Jori Lehteras to get Hextall excited.

Anyway, this thread is barking for the wrong Pennsylvania team captain. Come collect your Giroux and be happy, Avs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Basically the same? 72% is the same as 66%? That equates to 5 more wins over the course of a full season.

And yes, the Pens are missing Malkin, but are we pretending Avs are a beacon of great health? Toews, Nate, Nuke, Gabe, Byram have all missed a significant number of games so far.

It's the difference between 108 points per season and 116 points per season, both of which are the point totals of elite teams.

Again, the Penguins are no less of a contender than the Avs are. If the Avs had better goaltending, that would be different, but they don't.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It's the difference between 108 points per season and 116 points per season, both of which are the point totals of elite teams.

Again, the Penguins are no less of a contender than the Avs are. If the Avs had better goaltending, that would be different, but they don't.

It probably isn't the goaltending that will doom the Avs this year.
Injuries (every ****ing year) and their horrid penalty kill look to be higher on the list this year

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Even if the Pens finish bottom 5 for the next 3 years, I doubt he moves. Dude has 3 cups, a 4th won't change anything for him.

Also LOL @ people thinking they would get Makar for him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The argument for whether Makar for Crosby is fair is pointless because neither of those guys are ever going to be traded. The concept of "trade value" for inherently untradeable players does not exist. There is no conceivable trade return that will result in guys like Makar and Crosby being traded.

To be fair, Gretzky was untradeable until he wasn't.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have new ownership and I would have said no way Sid goes anywhere with Mario and Ron. But I can't say 100% Sid is a Pen for life as another ownership group may consider a change in Pens projectory as to moving Sid. Maybe a rebuild if the Pens simply fail to make the playoffs or begin a restructure of the franchise. My guess is Hextal signs Malkin and Letang and runs with them for another 3 years with Sid.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Damn, it only took one round of playoffs that their team won for Avs fans to act like they won the SC…

Guys, semantics. The question in the OP was “what would it take?”. It wasn’t what would Crosby return in a hockey, fair trade. Well, tough luck, it would take Makar, or MacK for the Pens brass to think about it. How is that outrageous? Did you really think it would take a roster player, a nice prospect and a couple of picks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad