Value of: Crosby to the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Damn, it only took one round of playoffs that their team won for Avs fans to act like they won the SC…

Guys, semantics. The question in the OP was “what would it take?”. It wasn’t what would Crosby return in a hockey, fair trade. Well, tough luck, it would take Makar, or MacK for the Pens brass to think about it. How is that outrageous? Did you really think it would take a roster player, a nice prospect and a couple of picks?

Can you point to the Avs fan who suggested Crosby to the Avs? Because the OP isn't an Avs fan. We don't actually think he's available, but the idea of demanding Makar is just laughable.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I was warned because I said this thread should be locked on page 1. I was right. This isn’t an even remotely interesting or relevant trade in terms of reality. This thread is the definition of a time suck. Hostile for no reason. Click bait.

come back to this when Crosbys contract is up and he’s a UFA deciding if he’ll retire on not.

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
Well if you want him to play with Mack the return starts with Makar. And if you want to keep Makar the return starts with Mack. If you want to keep both of those guys, which I’m assuming is the case:
Rantanen
Byram
Girard
Newhook
And keep adding 1st round picks till Pittsburgh says yes

That's fine. Keep adding to Crosby til Colorado says yes

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well if you want him to play with Mack the return starts with Makar. And if you want to keep Makar the return starts with Mack. If you want to keep both of those guys, which I’m assuming is the case:
Rantanen
Byram
Girard
Newhook

For as much as I like Crosby, the return is not Makar. Age 34 star center for a 23 star on D. Makes no sense. Crosby does not return young proven players like Markar, Rantanen, or MacKinnon.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
There's no chance guys. Even if it made sense from a hockey perspective. Crosby sells jerseys and puts butts in seats. He's a Pittsburgh icon. He will not leave unless he forces his way out, and he won't do that.

Letang or Malkin, maybe. But odds are they re-sign for 3-5 years each (Malkin 3-4, Letang 4-5) and the whole core, for better or for worse, stays intact.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I was warned because I said this thread should be locked on page 1. I was right. This isn’t an even remotely interesting or relevant trade in terms of reality. This thread is the definition of a time suck. Hostile for no reason. Click bait.

come back to this when Crosbys contract is up and he’s a UFA deciding if he’ll retire on not.

while true, it is lacking a foundation in reality it is a time suck for those who post and read willingly.
And here you are

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
while true, it is lacking a foundation in reality it is a time suck for those who post and read willingly.
And here you are

I generally enjoy the value discussion when the construct is realistic?

Like what could the Avs get for Girard? What does Justin Barron buy you? Neither is likely to be traded but it’s interesting to discuss value in that vein. It’s possible. Sakic may take calls on those guys. May make calls and discuss those guys.

but Crosby to the Avs before the TDL? That isn’t even close to real life. That isn’t a call Sakic is having.

What’s the value of your 2nd kid? What’s the weather going to be like next Christmas? How do the Broncos get Mahomes? Is the color blue better than the color yellow?

it’s just dumb to even discuss it. This falls into that pointless bucket.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I generally enjoy the value discussion when the construct is realistic?

Like what could the Avs get for Girard? What does Justin Barron buy you? Neither is likely to be traded but it’s interesting to discuss value in that vein. It’s possible. Sakic may take calls on those guys. May make calls and discuss those guys.

but Crosby to the Avs before the TDL? That isn’t even close to real life. That isn’t a call Sakic is having.

What’s the value of your 2nd kid? What’s the weather going to be like next Christmas? How do the Broncos get Mahomes? Is the color blue better than the color yellow?

it’s just dumb to even discuss it. This falls into that pointless bucket.

and yet you keep posting in the thread.
Taking the time to write a post to complain about the sucking of time is a bold strategy though

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, bit of an insult that a McDavid trade thread is shut and this isn't. There's no f***ing way we're trading Sid and frankly there's not a polite conversation to be had about it.

Which, incidentally, is why I'd back up the "It starts with Makar" posts (which weren't started by Pens fans either fwiw). It's not about a sensible trade offer. It's about making an eye-bleedingly high overpayment as an offer or go away. Don't like it? Good, that's the idea.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Can you point out why does it matter if the OP is an Avs fan or not?

Because when there are zero Avs fans saying the thing you're pretending they are saying, your claims about Avs fans somehow trying "to act like they won the SC" becomes laughable. Literally no one in the Avs fanbase is saying what you want to pretend they are saying. Not a single one.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Kenneth C Russell

Feb 23, 2022
There's no chance of Crosby being traded. I'm sure that it's a good move on paper but when you think of the Pens you think of Mario and Jager, maybe even Nedved. Now you will also think if Crosby and Malkin. That's worth more to an organization in the long run. Yzerman said when Jimmy Devillano drafted him he handed Yzerman a brochure of Detroit Hockey history including Mr. Hockey, Terrible Ted, etc. It's something for future generations of players to aspire to.... like The Captain.

Sure, Penguins fans would rather Crosby was more like Super Mario and less like Jager but...you take what you can get, right?

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
The Pens golden years are coming to a close, regardless of any recent win streaks. They will most likely get bounced again in the first or second round, especially with Sullivan behind the bench.

Sid to the Avs makes sense. He gets another shot at a cup on a legit contender, and gets to play with his buddy Mack. Pens get a nice return in order to rebuild. What would it take?

He isn't moving at all. Why can't people get this through their heads?

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
The only way I can see Crosby play with Colorado is when he will be UFA or the year before at the trade deadline and Crosby asking for a trade.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
The Pens golden years are coming to a close, regardless of any recent win streaks. They will most likely get bounced again in the first or second round, especially with Sullivan behind the bench.

Sid to the Avs makes sense. He gets another shot at a cup on a legit contender, and gets to play with his buddy Mack. Pens get a nice return in order to rebuild. What would it take?
Pittsburgh are not trading Crosby.

Black N Gold

Feb 4, 2022

Sidney Crosby isn't going anywhere period.... What makes sense about the Avalanche because McKinnon's there please..

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Rantanen
Byram
Girard
Newhook
LOL...at the rate pitt is playing now he might wanna leave on his own...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad