Value of: Crosby to the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It is more likely that MacKinnon signs in Pittsburgh after his current deal than for Crosby to be traded to Colorado to play with MacKinnon.

Neither one is happening, but trading Crosby is especially not happening

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love when a trade proposal thread begins with an outrageous offer, and then when that offer is countered with something equally ridiculous, fans of the team that made the original offer act all dumbfounded and insulted, like they have no idea how this could have happened. Please develop some self-awareness.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I love when a trade proposal thread begins with an outrageous offer, and then when that offer is countered with something equally ridiculous, fans of the team that made the original offer act all dumbfounded and insulted, like they have no idea how this could have happened. Please develop some self-awareness.
Crosby is 34 man. Makar is 22 and probably the second most untouchable player in the league. Makar +++ for Crosby is a complete joke.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
This would have only happened if Pittsburgh imploded this year which did not happen, and even then only if Crosby requested a trade which there are no rumours of.

Best chance for Mackinnon and Crosby to play together is in about 3-4 years, closer to the end of Crosby’s career and only if he wants to go cup hunting in Colorado.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Do you not understand that that’s the point? Crosby means so much to Pittsburgh that makar is the only thing that would get it done
I never proposed Crosby to the Avs tho I know that part is ridiculous. But so is Makar for Crosby.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Also any Crosby trade would be to jumpstart a Pittsburgh rebuild and therefore be futures based. But as stated its not happening today as the pens still compete and likely not happening ever since Crosby has won everything basically. I was just curious if there was a futures based package that would be considered but doesn't look that way.

rogking65

May 13, 2016
Well if you want him to play with Mack the return starts with Makar. And if you want to keep Makar the return starts with Mack. If you want to keep both of those guys, which I’m assuming is the case:
Rantanen
Byram
Girard
Newhook
And keep adding 1st round picks till Pittsburgh says yes
yeah sure, that sounds about right for a player turning 35 this year

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The OP of this thread is a Penguins / Canucks fan, not an Avalanche fan, and not a single Avalanche fan as far as I can tell has made a proposal in here.

Are you just making things up as you go here?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Non-starter.
1) Sid is a Pen for life
2) Teams don't trade 1# centers unless they've got another #1 center (Malkin certainly is that, but he's injured far too often) or your #1C demands a trade.
3) Pens are almost certainly going to make the playoffs. Teams in playoff contention don't trade away their top player mid-season. They build, or just load up for the playoffs around him.
4) I'm sure the Avs would like to make Mac happy. But how about he lead them on a deep playoff run before they reward him the opportunity to play with his buddy by pulling off a blockbuster trade that will certainly require giving up big pieces of the future.

There's points 5,6,7 and 8 but this is a trade for GM mode in EA 22, not real life.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Crosby is not being moved out of Pittsburgh. He's a Penguin until he decides not to be one (aka he retires). That said, some of the takes here are hilarious. Makar++++? Really?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The argument for whether Makar for Crosby is fair is pointless because neither of those guys are ever going to be traded. The concept of "trade value" for inherently untradeable players does not exist. There is no conceivable trade return that will result in guys like Makar and Crosby being traded.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Makar++ made me almost fall off my couch. That may be the dumbest thing I have read on this board in the 20 plus years I have been here.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Except there was no offer, the OP simply asked what itd take and Makar +++ is spit your water out bad.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

First of all.... There's no proposal in this thread until that "outrageous" Makar++++ proposal. The OP merely asked the question and the first response was that "Makar+++ Nonsense"

Second of all, the OP is not an Avs fan. In fact if you actually paid attention before acting like Mr. Big guy on campus, you'd see that not a single Avs fan had even posted in this thread, before the "Makar+++" comment was thrown out.

Reactions: Avs44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad