Coyotes Tempe arena project rejected by public referendum - will remain at Mullett Arena for 2023-24

Cameron00c

Aug 30, 2021
NHL isn’t gonna have another year in a college arena if another city is ready to go. I think we’ve seen the final game for the Coyotes.

Feel awful for their fans, this seemed like a great deal for the arena and city. But got misinformation spread by unions spending way more money. Sorry Yotes fans..
Think it might be too soon for that. Got to find a permeant home, Practice Arena, Offices etc in 4 months and you know they are going to "look for alternate options in Arizona" which will take some time. Think it will be one more year then a move to Houston most likely.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Also...with Marty Walsh's prior statement about using ASU's arena...I would assume the NHLPA will put pressure on Bettman to move the team.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Think it might be too soon for that. Got to find a permeant home, Practice Arena, Offices etc in 4 months and you know they are going to "look for alternate options in Arizona" which will take some time. Think it will be one more year then a move to Houston most likely.
While this is true, it's a lot of stuff to take care of, in 2011 the Thrashers officially moved on May 31st.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I’m sure the NHL has prepared a fallback option if this wasn’t gonna pass. They always have known this was a possibility

Reactions: bleedblue94

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Seems to me that all the various locations mentioned for relocation would have a difficult time supporting an NHL franchise. Especially one as bad as the Yotes have been. Dispersal draft anyone?

Reactions: madrigal77

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Practice arena might be tricky, I think most potential locations would have some kind of local arena that could be quickly spruced up into a temporary solution while an NHL-grade facility was built. "Makeshift" is nothing new to this franchise. Office space is not hard to find though.

Cameron00c

Aug 30, 2021
While this is true, it's a lot of stuff to take care of, in 2011 the Thrashers officially moved on May 31st.
I know that all too well. Just think Bettman is going to die on this Arizona project and is going to do everything to keep the team there from a PR standpoint.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If the Yotes do end up relocating, it should be to somewhere in either the central or mountain time zones (Houston? Austin? Kansas City? Milwaukee? OKC? SLC?) in order to maintain the current division alignment.

Both a playoff format change and expansion are probably coming so not sure how much they'll focus on that issue

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
should have happened years ago and only didn't because bettman refused to swallow his pride and admit the coyotes were a mistake

move them to KC. they've had a NHL ready arena for a while now and there'd be a nice rivalry with the blues

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
1684295308749.png

Beautiful arena, passionate fans. I know it won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad