Coyotes Tempe arena project rejected by public referendum - will remain at Mullett Arena for 2023-24

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Houston or Atlanta is my guess. I'd imagine Houston is most likely given it's closer proximity but idk

Gotta feel for Yotes fans though. That's just brutal.

I do not see either happening...20 years or more ago I could see league going to a southern state or ANY state where a team already exists but now I do not see it so Houston is out. Atlanta I cannot see happening again

Grinner

May 31, 2022
SLC, Austin,Portland San Antonio
or San Diego

Say no to Houston or Atlanta

Keep plugging away in Phoenix

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
End of an era in Arizona. Sad to see...but in a potential recession economy, coming out of Covid, and a lot of taxpayer burden (waste removal and infrastructure), this deal just wasn't going to work. Should have gotten better owners about 20 years ago after the Gretzky fiasco instead of putting the fans through all this.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
End of an era in Arizona. Sad to see...but in a potential recession economy, coming out of Covid, and a lot of taxpayer burden (waste removal and infrastructure), this deal just wasn't going to work. Should have gotten better owners about 20 years ago after the Gretzky fiasco instead of putting the fans through all this.
I mean I honestly do not care one way or the other whether the team stayed or goes but this deal seemed like a great deal for the city that got NIMBY'd into the ground. Whatever they do with the land the city will be paying for the reclamation. Now they just still have a landfill lol

Reactions: Kevinsane

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
It's over in Arizona. The team has seemingly been struggling forever. I remember the whole Balsillie fiasco when I was younger. But this is worse, just bought myself an Adidas kachinka jersey, because both Adidas jerseys and the Arizona Coyotes will soon be no more.

Reactions: LT and Kevinsane

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
NHL isn’t gonna have another year in a college arena if another city is ready to go. I think we’ve seen the final game for the Coyotes.

Feel awful for their fans, this seemed like a great deal for the arena and city. But got misinformation spread by unions spending way more money. Sorry Yotes fans..

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
If the Yotes do end up relocating, it should be to somewhere in either the central or mountain time zones (Houston? Austin? Kansas City? Milwaukee? OKC? SLC?) in order to maintain the current division alignment.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Even their statement reads like they're done

While we wanted a different outcome, we remain grateful to all those who volunteered their time and talent. What is next for the franchise will be evaluated by our owners and the National Hockey League over the coming weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad