TSN: Coyotes targeting Duchene, potential capital infusion with new ownership?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
It's not so much the 8th year as it is to be able to talk to him before other teams.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
It doesn't really matter if you talk to him first or seventh. It matters what you say.

Yep, I made sure that when I asked my prom date, I made sure that I was like, the 7th person to ask because what matters to her is what you say, and not that 6 other guys may have shown interest first.

That didnt go over well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yep, I made sure that when I asked my prom date, I made sure that I was like, the 7th person to ask because what matters to her is what you say, and not that 6 other guys may have shown interest first.

That didnt go over well.
I'm surprised you had a prom date.;) ...or did she say no.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Absolutely. It wasn't a flippant question. It just played into the whole who talks first, who talks last thing.

The Leafs talked to JT last but had the pj's in the bank.
I think it just might have been more than pj's or they would also now have Stamkos.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Lol, it was a joke. But I was also a nicer person in high school.

Maybe.
The prom analogy might work if the NHL hadn't changed the rules to allow a window for teams to court the upcoming UFAs.

By the end of June Duchene will know exactly what his options are. He'll know who's offering how much and for how long. He won't have to wory about being left without a good dance partner if he turns down an offer. I don't see the benefit of trading for his rights.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Maybe it’s because of used to not having any good fortune as a AZ fan but my icy cold take is I’d rather have Hayes on a long-term deal than Duchene. Blast away! I’m also posting this before coffee (trying to see if I can stop cold turkey on coffee).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe it’s because of used to not having any good fortune as a AZ fan but my icy cold take is I’d rather have Hayes on a long-term deal than Duchene. Blast away! I’m also posting this before coffee (trying to see if I can stop cold turkey on coffee).
Seriously? All things being equal, the Duchenne name, as the top free agent center, brings a cachet that I want for the Coyotes.

Reactions: Mosby

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Jets are in some cap trouble. Assume they have to trade 1 of their top 4 wingers (Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers or Connor). Which player would you want Chayka to pursue and what would you be comfortable trading? Jets needs: 2nd line C, top 4 D, cost certainty, 2 way play.
Fire away.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
The Jets are in some cap trouble. Assume they have to trade 1 of their top 4 wingers (Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers or Connor). Which player would you want Chayka to pursue and what would you be comfortable trading? Jets needs: 2nd line C, top 4 D, cost certainty, 2 way play.
Fire away.

I would want Ehlers or Connor, Laine too expensive and f*** Wheeler (sorry ducky.)

Will trade you Stepan with retention :naughty:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Fire away.
I don't see the fit. However, a trade for Wheeler would make me fall off my chair laughing at how after all these years he got stuck playing for us after all. Frozen shithole karma.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would want Ehlers or Connor, Laine too expensive and **** Wheeler (sorry ducky.)

Will trade you Stepan with retention :naughty:
Ha ha ha...no worries...meant to comment that Wheeler is not really an option (due to being captain, one of the key veterans, top scorer etc). Most likely - if a trade is made - it would be between Ehlers and Connor. I would trade Laine if I were the Jets GM but I am not a big fan of his play.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Fire away.
I guess you’re probably suggesting something like Dvorak and 14 for Ehlers. We need to add talent to the roster without subtracting tawny from the roster. I would NOT be interested in hockey trades if I was Chayka. Only futures for roster players.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Fire away.
I love them all

Wheeler is quietly my favourite player in the league. This despite what happened here.

Laine is 40+ goals per season for x number of years.

Ehlers has tremendous skill and upside. He’d be our best forward.

Conner - he’s the guy I wouldn’t have been opposed to taking in 2015 if we weren’t drafting at 3. He was a steal where WINNIPEG grabbed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad