TSN: Coyotes targeting Duchene, potential capital infusion with new ownership?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
With Marner rumored to be expecting at least on 12.5m avg offer, anyone still thinking Duchene gets a penny less than 70mil? He's getting at least 70mil. I hope it's from us.
The Marner rumours get crazier by the day. Agents sure do feed the media these days. All of the analysis on Marner point to a contract between $9 and $10 million. Not saying someone won't offer more but it would be nuts to consider over $11 million.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I remember being at a blackjack table in Vegas and having some individuals from Saskatchewan tell me that the climate is very dry there. So, I can actually see the summers being quite comfortable - picture Arizona in late March/early April. That is their June, July. The cold isn't great, but it is only bad at the extreme temps.

Anyhow, I do appreciate hearing that Duchene has some interest. And it is coming from a reliable individual.

The only thing that I am aware of is it that he is Christian, and seemed fairly faith-based. That may appeal to him in AZ, as I feel there is a good tolerance toward religion and people generally respect other's space. Maybe he and Doan have some similarities, including faith.

I just want the signing to be an effective player. Think Ribeiro without alcohol and with some defense.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I remember being at a blackjack table in Vegas and having some individuals from Saskatchewan tell me that the climate is very dry there. So, I can actually see the summers being quite comfortable - picture Arizona in late March/early April. That is their June, July. The cold isn't great, but it is only bad at the extreme temps.

Anyhow, I do appreciate hearing that Duchene has some interest. And it is coming from a reliable individual.

The only thing that I am aware of is it that he is Christian, and seemed fairly faith-based. That may appeal to him in AZ, as I feel there is a good tolerance toward religion and people generally respect other's space. Maybe he and Doan have some similarities, including faith.

I just want the signing to be an effective player. Think Ribeiro without alcohol and with some defense.
I'm not from SK but it shocked me when I moved here how nice the summers are and how many days of sunshine they get. Believe it or not SK gets more days of sunshine than AZ. The stretches of severe cold in winter are nasty but they aren't that long and lead to zero not being cold after!!!!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Why on earth would his religion have anything to do with an interest in AZ. This belief of yours that Arizona is a tolerant state is just bananas.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm not from SK but it shocked me when I moved here how nice the summers are and how many days of sunshine they get. Believe it or not SK gets more days of sunshine than AZ. The stretches of severe cold in winter are nasty but they aren't that long and lead to zero not being cold after!!!!
But is it windy? And can you get good international immigrant food? Are there multiple options for Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Ramen, Sushi, Sichuan, Dim sum, Mexican (multiple varieties), Cuban, Peruvian, Ethiopian, “Mediterranean”, etc?

I fantasize about living in a cold, sunny, dry place that doesn’t have many windy days and has enough immigrants from all over to satisfy my good cravings. I’m a fat man who enjoys comfort. I was thinking maybe Denver. How does Saskatoon compare?

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
But is it windy? And can you get good international immigrant food? Are there multiple options for Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Ramen, Sushi, Sichuan, Dim sum, Mexican (multiple varieties), Cuban, Peruvian, Ethiopian, “Mediterranean”, etc?

I fantasize about living in a cold, sunny, dry place that doesn’t have many windy days and has enough immigrants from all over to satisfy my good cravings. I’m a fat man who enjoys comfort. I was thinking maybe Denver. How does Saskatoon compare?
It is windier than I would prefer but not enough to keep you from doing things. It is a smaller City but the amount of immigration that has occured here in the last 10 years is wild, there are multiple restaurants of every ethnicity that you mentioned. The biggest knock to me is the cost of living, housing is expensive which of course leads to everything else also being expensive. Also travel is a little challenging as you need to connect to go most places.

Lance Uppercut

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
5. If Duchene doesn't work out for cap/attitude issues we can trade him and GAIN assets. We would have signed a top end player without giving up anything. If he hates it here or doesn't fit, we can move him for real assets.
I do think this will be tougher considering the NMC or at the very least the modified NTC that he will be looking to secure with this contract.

Lance Uppercut

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
With Marner rumored to be expecting at least on 12.5m avg offer, anyone still thinking Duchene gets a penny less than 70mil? He's getting at least 70mil. I hope it's from us.
You okay with some version of a NTC or NMC over the life of the contract to maybe put the Coyotes over the top?

I think I am.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It is windier than I would prefer but not enough to keep you from doing things. It is a smaller City but the amount of immigration that has occured here in the last 10 years is wild, there are multiple restaurants of every ethnicity that you mentioned. The biggest knock to me is the cost of living, housing is expensive which of course leads to everything else also being expensive. Also travel is a little challenging as you need to connect to go most places.
Alright. I kinda want to move to Saskatoon.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I talked to a few of my friends in the Hat, and they said the same about immigration. Many farmers hire Mexicans because they can't find locals. I found that more than wild. A sleepy little town like the Hat.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Alright. I kinda want to move to Saskatoon.
Take your mosquito repellent with you. :) The "Prairies" are a nice place to live and raise a family, but the cost of living etc. are tough to swallow. Doesn't really matter where you live there are pros and cons.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Take your mosquito repellent with you. :) The "Prairies" are a nice place to live and raise a family, but the cost of living etc. are tough to swallow. Doesn't really matter where you live there are pros and cons.
I would have agreed with you in mosquitos 5 years ago but I have not sprayed myself in that time, and I was a couple sprays per round of golf guy. It has been drier for a few years and we have benefited from it. Our immigration boom followed a resource boom and we were an easier access to Candian Citizenship. The boom has subsided but the number of immigrants hasn't. As an example I referee soccer. 10 years ago there were practically no ethnic teams except a Chilean group. These days It's rare when any game I ref isn't 50% non White. The cost of living cost is high but many move from Toronto and such as we are still significantly less. However an Arizonan might get a very quick surprise!!!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I talked to a few of my friends in the Hat, and they said the same about immigration. Many farmers hire Mexicans because they can't find locals. I found that more than wild. A sleepy little town like the Hat.
Forgot to add the number of African Nations now present here is wild. We do a weekend mini world Cup every May where Countries put tgeir own teams in the tournament. This year we had 40 Countries represented with 9 from Africa.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Anybody with personality and/or transparency is considered a "cancer" in the hockey world.

ROR
Subban
Duchene
Kessel
Laine
Ho-Sang
Bryzgalov

The list goes on. You could make an argument that some of them are valid assessments, but in reality not everyone is the media-groomed robot they were teained to be from age 14. Some of them will openly voice their opinions and that should be okay. Evander Kane seems to be fitting well in San Jose, no recent problems there even though his former teammates hated his antics leaving him somewhat secluded from the rest of his team. Like Mosby said, ROR openly admitted that he was extremely upset with a losing culture and was losing his passion for hockey. Last night he capped off a season including the most points he's ever scored, the Conn Smythe trophy and a Stanley Cup victory.

Some general managers shy away from players who they feel could break their hearts if they take a chance on them, when in all reality it could happen with any player. Some are just more vocal than others so they stand out more. Most of these players are appreciating assets, not cancers.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I haven’t had a mosquito bite since I was a teenager. At least the mosquitos in Arizona don’t much care for me. Wonder if the Saskatoon variety would decide I was just right.

So is it humid there?

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Maybe all the "cancer" talk around Duchene scares off bidders and we can get him cheaper than expected. Nashville for example is expected to be a bidder but is already trying to dump a "cancer" of their own in Subban after just a couple of seasons.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I haven’t had a mosquito bite since I was a teenager. At least the mosquitos in Arizona don’t much care for me. Wonder if the Saskatoon variety would decide I was just right.

So is it humid there?
No humidity, very dry.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

So is it humid there?
Summer time I would guess the relative humidity is 50 - 75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad