Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd like to see...

TO PHI:
- Trouba

TO WIN:
- Sanheim
- 2016 1st

The Jets get a top D prospect and a 1st round pick for a player who they will likely not choose to pay long-term.

The Flyers get a stud, young RHD to compliment Ghost, Provorov, Morin and Myers.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Wrong. Hall got Larsson.

Hall was being shopped for something specific, and Larsson was the best offer they got, so they took it. They also took it knowing they just got Puljujarvi and were getting Lucic. Not all situations are the same.

Trouba is the one being (hypothetically) shopped, so he is the Hall in this scenario. If you don't "get" that, then you need to take your homer glasses off. Players being shopped almost always get less than market value.

Actually, this is completely wrong. What you don't "get" is that the Jets ARE NOT shopping Trouba. Teams are approaching the Jets on his availability. So, we won't settle for terrible offers.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Oh man would it burn Winnipeg fans if Jets 1.0 got Trouba and he turned into a star. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN HOCKEY GODS

Not really. If the Jets and Trouba can't reach agreement on value, I think most Jets fans would simply be happy with an equitable trade return and wish Jacob well.

If, for example, a turd like Evander Kane turned into a star, I think they'd be much more upset.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I'd like to see...

TO PHI:
- Trouba

TO WIN:
- Sanheim
- 2016 1st

The Jets get a top D prospect and a 1st round pick for a player who they will likely not choose to pay long-term.

The Flyers get a stud, young RHD to compliment Ghost, Provorov, Morin and Myers.

A prospect doesn't fill the hole that trading Trouba would leave in the Jets D today. No thanks. Not looking to take a step-back this season.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Wrong. Hall got Larsson.

Hall was being shopped for something specific, and Larsson was the best offer they got, so they took it. They also took it knowing they just got Puljujarvi and were getting Lucic. Not all situations are the same.

Trouba is the one being (hypothetically) shopped, so he is the Hall in this scenario. If you don't "get" that, then you need to take your homer glasses off. Players being shopped almost always get less than market value.

You really don't know how to read a situation, do you?
This isn't Grade 1 math class. It's a little more complicated than 6+2

Agreed. Hamilton is better than Trouba right now and might always be better. Larson was signed when the Oilers traded for him. If Trouba was clearly better than Hamilton right now and was signed on a reasonable contract for 2 or 3 more years, the Jets would get a better return.

Add to that the Jets having too much money ties up in 3 RHD's if they sign Trouba. Also, expansion and cap constraints make it a tougher market to trade in now, and less teams will have interest because they have to protect another player. This all adds up to limited trading partners and less of a return versus past similar deals. Prospect(not Strome/DVO), a roster player(Stone or Reider), and a 1st round pick would be my guess.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

With these tweets in mind, and keeping WPG's need for an NHL LD coming back...

To CBJ: Jacob Trouba

To WPG: Jack Johnson (NHL LD) + Gabriel Carlsson (Jackets' second best D prospect) + '17 2nd Rd Pick

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Wrong. Hall got Larsson.

Uhhhh, from all accounts, it's teams calling IN regarding Trouba. I have yet to see one report say the Jets are the ones doing the shopping so you are completely backwards.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

To WPG: Jack Johnson (NHL LD) + Gabriel Carlsson (Jackets' second best D prospect) + '17 2nd Rd Pick

Doesn't Johnson suck now?

I honestly have no idea what his value is but every time I see someone bring him up, it's not in a positive light.

Edit: 2 years left on his contract. Not happening.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wrong. Hall got Larsson.

Hall was traded to fill a major need. That amplified the motivation to trade him away It's not much different than when a player demands a trade out. In both cases, the selling team loses leverage.

The Jets are a deep team with no major need. There's no reason to trade Trouba unless there is drama we don't know about. The contract situation is not uncommon in the league. They'd probably prefer to let this get to a bridge deal than sell Trouba for less than they feel he's worth.

I'm sure they are looking for that Trouba+ trade. They have lots of assets, so it would be great for them to overpay for a great LHD on a good contract. I'm not sure who that would be but if they can't find the trade, they probably just keep Trouba

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Hall was traded to fill a major need. That amplified the motivation to trade him away It's not much different than when a player demands a trade out. In both cases, the selling team loses leverage.

The Jets are a deep team with no major need. There's no reason to trade Trouba unless there is drama we don't know about. The contract situation is not uncommon in the league. They'd probably prefer to let this get to a bridge deal than sell Trouba for less than they feel he's worth.

I'm sure they are looking for that Trouba+ trade. They have lots of assets, so it would be great for them to overpay for a great LHD on a good contract. I'm not sure who that would be but if they can't find the trade, they probably just keep Trouba

100% :handclap: well said

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Actually, this is completely wrong. What you don't "get" is that the Jets ARE NOT shopping Trouba. Teams are approaching the Jets on his availability. So, we won't settle for terrible offers.

Exactly.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I, personally, have no interest in lesser D pieces with adds or a deal based around prospects. I want a comparable player here...

So to me that's players like Lindholm or, more specifically in this case, OEL. Yes I would add to get a deal done for OEL.

But that's all that interests me from the Coyotes

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

This guy gets it :handclap::handclap:

Edit: This guy too

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I, personally, have no interest in lesser D pieces with adds or a deal based around prospects. I want a comparable player here...

So to me that's players like Lindholm or, more specifically in this case, OEL. Yes I would add to get a deal done for OEL.

But that's all that interests me from the Coyotes

Oh man I don't even want to know what OEL would cost.

Probably Trouba + Connor + 2017 1st :cry:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
They took Pronger with Grossman
-They took on Datsyuk with a first round pick
-Took on Crouse with Bolland

Hmmmmmmmm.... :badidea:

If they trade for Trouba maybe they can also get Pavelec and Stuart.

Trouba
Pavelec
Stuart

for

1st 2017
Keller
Crouse
Stone

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Seriously Jack Johnson as the main piece coming back for Trouba Johnson nearly 30 years old in 4 months for a 22 year old D-man in Trouba. Pretty sure Cheveldayoff can do better then JJ.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can John Chayka please stop playing the NHL like a bloody video game? If he gets Trouba for peanuts I'm calling b*******.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Trouba is a young RHD, with top pairing potential.

Like Larsson.

Larsson was already signed to a cheap long term contract, Trouba is not.
If the Jets sign Trouba to a long term $4M/yr contract then we can compare value.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think I'll skip the first five pages of what I'm sure are histrionics from folks making ludicrously subjective value assessments.

The Jets aren't shopping, so it's going to take a bit of overpayment to make them consider trading Trouba.

From the Coyotes' perspective, they have plenty of assets to trade, but they don't have a pressing need for Trouba. So they're not going to ridiculously overpay.

The two assets I'm guessing would be a lock in an Arizona offer would be our 2017 1st and Michael Stone. The add to that from the prospect pool would be the make-or-break for the deal.

Personally, I don't think a deal will get done because neither team will benefit from The Law of Least Interest, to wit, neither of them is desperate to do anything.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I doubt Columbus could get him without moving a piece they really don't want to (or should) move. Basically, Jones/Murray, Werenski, Dubois, or this coming year's unprotected 1st.

Gotta know when to sit the hand out. Right now Winnipeg holds the cards. No reason for thexample Jets to make a fair deal. So I wish them luck in signing Trouba and hope the player comes to his senses.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I find it funny there are so many Trouba threads (he is still unsigned, Jets have to trade him, his value is dropping...) while several other key RFA's rarely get mentioned:

Gaudreau
Kucherov
Lindholm
Rackell
Ristolainen
Nichushkin
Girgensons
Orlov
Reider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad