Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TJinAZ

Aug 27, 2004
Where has it ever been reported that he doesn't want to sign? The player stated he'd like to play here at the exit interviews, Lawless earlier reported the two-sides were working on a long-term deal, and Chevy stated yesterday that he doesn't comment upon ongoing contractual negotiations.
If this were the case why does this thread and all the other ones exist? Indicators starting to show its not all about the money.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
If this were the case why does this thread and all the other ones exist? Indicators starting to show its not all about the money.

What indicators? The negotiations are being done privately between two parties with an agreement to not negotiate in the press. You are speculating within a vacuum - in an absence of any inputs. Just because it seems quiet... that does not necessarily mean what you apparently assume it means.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How would an Oilers fan know what a good defenseman looks like? You haven't had one since Pronger. Also, you've said Trouba has regressed each season, once again proving you don't actually watch the player and are merely basing your entire argument on points. He's improved every year defensively and his offensive production has stagnated due to how he's used along with the acquisition of Myers and the change of Byfuglien moving to defense from forward. Both those players get the lions share of offensive opportunities while Trouba's been saddled with a cement pylon. Moving forward our head coach has mentioned he wants to play Trouba on the left side with Byfuglien, a pairing that worked quite well together last season while Stuart was injured but was inevitably split up because Ben Chiarot and Mark Stuart as a pairing were a tier beyond god awful.

I don't watch the Jets so maybe you can help me here. I heard Trouba wants more playing time but is behind the players you mentioned. Does he deserve to be ahead of Myers? IF your answer is yes, why not trade Myers? One of your RD will not be happy with the minutes and opportunities they are going to get, unless like you said Trouba moves to LD. How much is the Trouba camp asking for?

TJinAZ

Aug 27, 2004
What indicators? The negotiations are being done privately between two parties with an agreement to not negotiate in the press. You are speculating within a vacuum - in an absence of any inputs. Just because it seems quiet... that does not necessarily mean what you apparently assume it means.

Maybe so. who knows maybe he signs long term and it is the money. But you are speculating as well that is just the money and not other factors.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't watch the Jets so maybe you can help me here. I heard Trouba wants more playing time but is behind the players you mentioned. Does he deserve to be ahead of Myers? IF your answer is yes, why not trade Myers? One of your RD will not be happy with the minutes and opportunities they are going to get, unless like you said Trouba moves to LD. How much is the Trouba camp asking for?

Yes he deserves to be ahead of Myers. I would also happily trade Myers, however he's had two surgeries over the summer and no team is going to trade for a guy coming off of knee and hip surgery before they see how it impacts him. The plan for next season was to play Trouba with Buff as a LD.

Neither Trouba's camp nor Chevy have made any public statements regarding the contract negotiations.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Maybe so. who knows maybe he signs long term and it is the money. But you are speculating as well that is just the money and not other factors.

I'm not speculating at all; am saying they are doing it privately and that anything reported outside of those closed doors is speculation if stated sans a direct quote.

Regarding usage, Paul Maurice said earlier in the summer that their intent was to use Trouba on a #1 pair with Byfuglien. By extension, the supposed issue of usage can essentially be discarded.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Based on current playing ability and future potential, trouba will likely be looking at a couple million less per season than Rielly is getting. There's no way he gets the same or more

So I don't know what the jets are waiting for. Offer him his 5 or 6 years at ~3 or 3.5 and get it signed. Simple

LOL armchair GM of the year above...yeah I guess you have all the info about what is happening in terms of negotiations...care to fill us in with all the negotiating details? thought so .....completely irrelevant nonsensical post....

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
So much this. If you expect that Strome or Murphy, or hell even Dvorak would be in on this deal you're going to be sadly mistaken. That's assuming if it were to happen. Think more MacInnis, Perlini, Crouse, Fischer level as being the main chip for the Coyotes. Then I would said likely Stone, Reider, or others as add ins

Look what Larsson brought back :laugh:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
It's always about the money! If you pay a guy enough he will overlook the other aspects that he dislikes, at least for the first year of his contract anyway.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's not so much what Larsson got, but more so what Hall got.
The Oilers wanted a #1 Dman or an established Dman with #1 potential. That crop is very small, and Larsson happened to be the only one available (after Jones got traded).

In this case, Trouba is Hall.

Trouba is a young RHD, with top pairing potential.

Like Larsson.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hamilton is not better than Trouba. Would love to see the argument for that: "He puts up more points?"

Hamilton is the better player at the moment. His points and advanced stats are both better than Trouba.

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
So...

Murphy + Fischer + Lottery protected 1st

vs

Trouba

Does that make sense for either team?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Good good keep ot coming, we are not trading him anyway. Now when stuart don't wear an A any longer I expect Trouba to be signed next week. With that move means Stuart will be more pressbox material and Trouba can play with a competent d-man. Start with buff and then switch to Josh M when he gets the hang of the big league ;)

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Oh man would it burn Winnipeg fans if Jets 1.0 got Trouba and he turned into a star. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN HOCKEY GODS

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Larsson got Hall.

Tell me that young, talented RHD aint worth much!

Wrong. Hall got Larsson.

Hall was being shopped for something specific, and Larsson was the best offer they got, so they took it. They also took it knowing they just got Puljujarvi and were getting Lucic. Not all situations are the same.

Trouba is the one being (hypothetically) shopped, so he is the Hall in this scenario. If you don't "get" that, then you need to take your homer glasses off. Players being shopped almost always get less than market value.

Trouba is a young RHD, with top pairing potential.

Like Larsson.

You really don't know how to read a situation, do you?
This isn't Grade 1 math class. It's a little more complicated than 6+2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad