Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Thanks. Found it!

vBT9K

I also have Big Foot living in my basement. The burden of proof is on you guys to sort out my claims.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
There's links to TSN, Sportsnet there....

But whatever. I guess Trouba is completely unavailable. Has never, and never will be available...

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
There's links to TSN, Sportsnet there....

But whatever. I guess Trouba is completely unavailable. Has never, and never will be available...

No one is saying that he's unavailable.

You're saying that there's rumors that he's available.

Rumors generally come with some backing.

Someone claims to have an inside source.

Someone gets quoted.

All you have is people who need to write an article giving their own personal belief.

They have no one to quote.

They have no backing behind it.

They just look at a situation and go "There's possibly something there."

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Lol. When has a GM ever said, "Yeah we're just really trying to trade this guy, done with negotiations. He just has to go!"

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Here is a great example:

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2016/6/5/11860194/rumour-colorado-avalanche-targeting-winnipeg-jets-jacob-trouba

"Tyson Barrie‘s future there is not that certain, but I don’t think they want to trade him until they can add some help. I believe one of their targets is Winnipeg’s Jacob Trouba. I’m not saying Winnipeg’s going to do it, but I think that’s a player Colorado would like to get its hands on and they'll make an effort to see if they can get something done."

This is considered a rumor. Notice the key points:

"I believe one of their targets is Winnipeg’s Jacob Trouba."

"I’m not saying Winnipeg’s going to do it, but I think that’s a player Colorado would like to get its hands on and they'll make an effort to see if they can get something done."

It's a rumor with ZERO backing.

It's a dude looking at a situation and saying "hmmmm maybe"

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You've peaked my interest. Who is this?

Points / 60 minutes (5v5), 2015-16:

Stempniak, Lee: 1.76

Matthias, Shawn: 1.97

Stempniak had 32 points even-strength. Matthias had 27 points even-strength, playing fewer minutes.

Stempniak had more points overall because he played top-6 minutes and on the PP for NJD.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
The King.
It has been reported many times that Trouba is available, is Winnipeg actively shopping him? Who knows. Are they taking calls? Definetly. And there has been quite a few young dmen traded recently, Larsson, Jones, Hamilton. First two were moved in a lot better situation than Trouba would be, they had deals.

When I say that you've provided nothing, it's in regards to this statement.

You said....as a fact...that's it's been reported many times that he's available.

Reported.

No rumors.

Factually reported that he's available.

That's what I want to read about.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Because you've provided literally nothing yet still seem to have this attitude that you're 100% correct.

Then when asked for a shred of evidence, you decided to get snarky and go "I dunno...just google it."

Because there's been talk of him being in trades forever. Even you brought one up. :laugh:

And I am 100% correct that there have been trade rumors involving Trouba. And I called them rumors myself.

I really don't get what you're trying to accomplish:shakehead

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Because there's been talk of him being in trades forever. Even you brought one up. :laugh:

And I am 100% correct that there have been trade rumors involving Trouba. And I called them rumors myself.

I really don't get what you're trying to accomplish:shakehead

I would really love it if you would just post the article that states that Trouba is 100% available.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I would really love it if you would just post the article that states that Trouba is 100% available.

When did I say he was 100% availible, going to be moved etc... All I've said is there's been talk/rumors.

It seems like you're trying argue about something I never said. :laugh:

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
When did I say he was 100% availible, going to be moved etc... All I've said is there's been talk/rumors.

It seems like you're trying argue about something I never said. :laugh:

It has been reported many times that Trouba is available, is Winnipeg actively shopping him? Who knows. Are they taking calls? Definetly. And there has been quite a few young dmen traded recently, Larsson, Jones, Hamilton. First two were moved in a lot better situation than Trouba would be, they had deals.

:help::help::help::help:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I consider there to be a difference between 100% available, destined to be traded like what you were implying I said, to what I actually said.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I consider there to be a difference between 100% available, destined to be traded like what you were implying I said, to what I actually said.

Dude this whole thing is about you saying that it's been REPORTED multiple times.

Key word.

REPORTED.

People have asked for an article stating that it's been reported and you seem to be fully confused about what that word means.

There is a HUGE difference between reported and rumours.

Reported = there's some backing to it

Rumors = Anyone can say ANYTHING

So again.....just for my sanity.....do you, or do you not have an article REPORTING that he's available as you said.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don't love Trouba - decent player but his perceived value is higher than actual IMO - but Jets need him. They are stacked up front with young Fs as is Arizona. Jets need D beyond Buff, Yotes need the same behind OEL. Feel like a 3rd team is needed here, unless perhaps the Jets want Chchyrun or something.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I don't love Trouba - decent player but his perceived value is higher than actual IMO - but Jets need him. They are stacked up front with young Fs as is Arizona. Jets need D beyond Buff, Yotes need the same behind OEL. Feel like a 3rd team is needed here, unless perhaps the Jets want Chchyrun or something.

Nah, doubt any other teams are needed. Cheveldayoff was interviewed on the radio this morning and acknowledged ongoing contract negotiations but otherwise offered no comment. Later in the interview, when discussing his young core group, he included Trouba among those names. Doesn't sound like he plans to trade him, in my own view.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dude this whole thing is about you saying that it's been REPORTED multiple times.

Key word.

REPORTED.

People have asked for an article stating that it's been reported and you seem to be fully confused about what that word means.

There is a HUGE difference between reported and rumours.

Reported = there's some backing to it

Rumors = Anyone can say ANYTHING

So again.....just for my sanity.....do you, or do you not have an article REPORTING that he's available as you said.

Big deal, who cares. Everyone is available for a price, everyone, just ask TGO. If it is reported by someone as far as I'm concerned, it's a rumor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad