Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
It has been reported many times that Trouba is available, is Winnipeg actively shopping him? Who knows. Are they taking calls? Definetly. And there has been quite a few young dmen traded recently, Larsson, Jones, Hamilton. First two were moved in a lot better situation than Trouba would be, they had deals.

You appear confused. GMs' take calls on players year-round - it is their job. That doesn't mean that they take every inquiry to heart, nor by extension does it necessarily mean that Trouba is available. It likely just means that someone did their job and answered a phone.

Edited to add: As another stated, the player hasn't requested a trade, and the team at last-report was negotiating a long-term deal with him. The agent and GM reportedly have a deal to not negotiate in the press. You are likely one of many guilty of drawing conclusions within a vacuum of any available information. They are most likely just in the deadline-hunting phase of negotiating.

Last edited:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
You appear confused. GMs' take calls on players all year round - it is their job. That doesn't mean that they take every inquiry to heart, nor by extension does it mean that Trouba is available. It just means that someone did their job and answered a phone.

Obviously they do. But if a player is unsigned in September the team is going to be listening a lot more to those calls. Especially when it's been rumored that the player in question was available during the season. It doesn't take a genius to look at the Jets roster and see their depth on RHD, and see that one of those guys aren't signed...

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Obviously they do. But if a player is unsigned in September the team is going to be listening a lot more to those calls. Especially when it's been rumored that the player in question was available during the season. It doesn't take a genius to look at the Jets roster and see their depth on RHD, and see that one of those guys aren't signed...

They are negotiating and deadline hunting; you are just drawing conclusions sans any information.

PS: I don't recall it ever being published that he was available in trade last season. Link? The only thing I can recall was that Snow asked for him and Chevy said "no".

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
They are negotiating and deadline hunting; you are just drawing conclusions sans any information.

PS: I don't recall it ever being published that he was available in trade last season. Link? The only thing I can recall was that Snow asked for him and Chevy said "no".

Drawing what conclusions? That if he's traded it won't be for what Jets fans want?

I remember last year seeing that the Jets were going to have choose between Buff and Trouba, one of them or Myers was going to have to be moved. Again though, it was a rumor. Which is all anyone has to go off of. You can google for it if you want.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I remember last year seeing that the Jets were going to have choose between Buff and Trouba, one of them or Myers was going to have to be moved. Again though, it was a rumor. Which is all anyone has to go off of. You can google for it if you want.

I asked for a link to a report backing your claim that he was available in trade last season? You are likely unable to provide one though I suspect. PS: The rumor sites don't count. Something from an accredited mainstream source will suffice.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I asked for a link to a report backing your claim that he was available in trade last season? You are likely unable to provide one though I suspect. PS: The rumor sites don't count. Something from an accredited mainstream source will suffice.

Sorry that I don't feel like wasting my time googling something for you...

PS: Google isn't difficult to use. Quit being lazy and try it out.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

Just the latest to make up their own opinions as truth.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Sorry that I don't feel like wasting my time googling something for you...

PS: Google isn't difficult to use. Quit being lazy and try it out.

I heard that you aren't willing to back up your own unsubstantiated claims... of rumors. Shocking.

Jets fans should lower their sights because you imagined something.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
The King.

It has been reported many times that Trouba is available, is Winnipeg actively shopping him? Who knows. Are they taking calls? Definetly. And there has been quite a few young dmen traded recently, Larsson, Jones, Hamilton. First two were moved in a lot better situation than Trouba would be, they had deals.

And again, they don't hold all the cards. To keep a player like Trouba around but not playing is a bad decision for any team. There comes a point, which is soon, where he;s either going to be resigned or traded.

I never said Kane is like Trouba, I said the opposite. You can ignore trade requests from someone who is playing (Kane) but you can;t from one who isn't. Well I guess you could, but it would be stupid...

And I'm saying to lower your expectations because holdouts very rarely get traded for someone equal that fills a need. No one is going to trade a solid under contract player for one is holding out.

Typically holdouts/disgruntled players are moved multiple pieces, and it's been rumored the Jets would seek a return like Staal recieved a few years ago. Roster player+prospect+pick.

And you have to assume if a trade is being made it is because a deal is impossible. It's option #2 for the Jets, it isn't ideal. And you won't be getting an ideal return.

For the bolded: can I get a link to one of the reports?

As for everything else. Trouba isn't a holdout. He's in a contract negotiation. So are quite a few high priced RFA's.

If Trouba is a holdout and disgruntled, then so is Gaudreau, Risto, etc etc etc

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Jesus Christ. If you guys are gonna whine so much here you go....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-jets-dustin-byfuglien-1.3441436

"Where it starts to get interesting, and where the Byfuglien deal could have a significant impact, is in the next contract for Jacob Trouba."

"Should Trouba's ticket come in anywhere near at what the initial reports suggest, cue the outrage over the $27-million plus Winnipeg would be committing to the defence."

"If Trouba wants (or gets) big dollars, consider two possible scenarios:"

That's some hard evidence that's impossible to refute :laugh:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
That says exactly nothing about the Jets offering Trouba in trade to anyone last season per your claim, but rather is a reporter simply imagining possible scenarios, FYI. It doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.[/QUOTE ]

I said it was a rumor from the start and you still whine... :laugh::laugh:

Why do you keep trying to argue over such small details....

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
For the bolded: can I get a link to one of the reports?

As for everything else. Trouba isn't a holdout. He's in a contract negotiation. So are quite a few high priced RFA's.

If Trouba is a holdout and disgruntled, then so is Gaudreau, Risto, etc etc etc

"X is going to happen"

"What? How is X going to happen"

"I read it."

"Oh really! Post proof!"

"FINE! Since you're too lazy to good it, I'll post it here"

Article: X could possibly maybe happen

*head -> desk

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
"X is going to happen"

"What? How is X going to happen"

"I read it."

"Oh really! Post proof!"

"FINE! Since you're too lazy to good it, I'll post it here"

Article: X could possibly maybe happen

*head -> desk

I never did that. :laugh:

Now you're making things up......

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
It was rumored he was available..... by people on HF Boards. Sounds legit.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
How the heck has this thread now turned into something with people trying to say Trouba is unavailable.....

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
How the heck has this thread now turned into something with people trying to say Trouba is unavailable.....

You stated that the Jets would be more prone to listen to offers "especially" since there were rumors during the season that he was available.

One man's opinion with no source to actual details is not a rumor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad