OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
It's already approved and being used in Canada (trial). If you do happen to get CV, you can likely get it prescribed. If that Doctor refuses, go to another Doctor (but they won't if you provide a reasonable argument, that being the 100% success rate in France).

If true... that's good to know.

I wonder how difficult it'll be to mass produce this if it really is having a 100 % success rate. Either way good news.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
This isn't a vaccine. This is existing medication being trialed to treat corona. I know there's a slim chance of finding anyone in medicine here but would love to know how long a trial like this could take vs developing and testing a vaccine

I am not in medicine but my mother is. She explained to me while this will not prevent anyone from contracting the virus, it can help kill it inside us or at the very least reduce symptoms.

It would help slow the spread and because it is already bben made it would be much faster to get out to the public

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If true... that's good to know.

I wonder how difficult it'll be to mass produce this if it really is having a 100 % success rate. Either way good news.

It's basically processed Chlorine, it's easy. Some backwoods preacher guy was selling pool shock Calcium Hypochlorite or something like that to treat Malaria / HIV in the Africa until he got arrested because it's can be dangerous in cases. I think they called it MMS treatment which you can read up on it. This drug would be very easy to produce though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
There was an article that said due to lockdowns the environment is already showing improvements

Polluting gases fall rapidly as coronavirus spreads

There will be many silver linings, and probably new inventions... or innovations at least... that come from this.

With a lot of bad... can come a lot of good. In bad times it spurs really intelligent people to come up with some pretty amazing ideas.

I bet scientist are having a hayday getting to see the differences... and impacts that the virus is having on the environment all over the world.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some new policies for many countries in different areas come out down the road either.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is the kind of shit that worries me. Take a look at the article below. How many people have been infected... or are passing that along without even knowing?

No matter what this is obviously going to spread, but some people are being selfish.

I get some people want to go out, or don't think it's a big deal... but you infect others... which infects others... and on and on... obviously its the whole point of isolation... which still isnt being followed by some.

The article is a classic example of that... Recovering COVID-19 patient describes what it was like to have the virus

Think about how itll overwhelm the healthcare system, as well as the sick or elderly who can't fight this virus as well as some others. I think that's especially what being responsible, and keeping your distance is about.

Again keep a sense of humor, be kind... but don't be an asshole, and not give a shit. I think it's a reasonable request.

I get its important about the economy too... but without health you have nothing... and you certainly can't make more money if you're sick... or.... worse... so anyway just my two cents.... stay safe everyone. This will pass....... eventually.

They gotta start doing what they did in Alberta. Complain and public shaming

COVID-19 online shaming drives some businesses to shut their doors | Calgary Herald

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/calgary-dental-lab-owner-coronavirus-covid-19-1.5503369

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
It's basically processed Chlorine, it's easy. Some backwoods preacher guy was selling pool shock Calcium Hypochlorite or something like that to treat Malaria / HIV in the Africa until he got arrested because it's can be dangerous in cases. I think they called it MMS treatment which you can read up on it. This drug would be very easy to produce though.

Seems a bit sketchy but if tested and used with the correct dosage could be a really good thing.

Definitely not my field of expertise but seems promising.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Personally I can't imagine property values going down in the GTA substantially for the foreseeable future. The majority of our 350,000+ new Canadians are settling here. Regardless of economics, people need somewhere to live. But again, I hedge.
Yeah my agent buddy from LePage says it may take a couple months for reality to set in with a period of virtually no sales for a month or so

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Seems a bit sketchy but if tested and used with the correct dosage could be a really good thing.

Definitely not my field of expertise but seems promising.

Oh I am not saying MMS is Chloroquine just that they are derived from the same. Very promising stuff though, the Chloroquine, don't get pool shock lol.

Reactions: Burnie97

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I am not in medicine but my mother is. She explained to me while this will not prevent anyone from contracting the virus, it can help kill it inside us or at the very least reduce symptoms.

It would help slow the spread and because it is already bben made it would be much faster to get out to the public
At what point do they say - ya this working - time to scale production of it

Or have they done that?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Well, they are just not the worst.
So is Canada and every other country.

But we can all do better. We have the capability to do better. We just don't have the will to put the planet's health first priority.
we do tons here in NA. Of course we can always be better. But we're very proactive.

China and India are the biggest problems. And it's not even close. We could go live in caves and the world would still have most of its pollution with those 2

Reactions: ULF_55

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
At what point do they say - ya this working - time to scale production of it

Or have they done that?

depends I guess. FDA in the US has said that they do not “approve” the drug specifically for CaronaVirus but they will not be stopping the use for treatment in severe cases; they don’t know the long term impacts yet.

mas far as I know Canadian medical body hasn’t made any statements yet

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Well, they are just not the worst.
So is Canada and every other country.

But we can all do better. We have the capability to do better. We just don't have the will to put the planet's health first priority.

My issue with the environmental movement is that they are waging war on trees and us! Carbon Dioxide is what the trees breathe! The more Carbon Dioxide and Sun + Water the more vegetation grows. There are so many scientists that are out there who say and put their reputation on the line to say... A single underwater volcano can outproduce all of humanity in a year, which produces less than 1% or thereabouts of the total.

I do have a problem with these things that they don't talk about...

Industrial chemicals dumped in the ocean, lakes, rivers and down mine shafts
Fukushima still cranking out radioactive waste daily
Child labor being used to make our things

Our problem is density, we pack too many humans too close together and then give them all cars and pack industries tightly which creates smog. They should make many small self sufficient communities tied together by high speed rail systems, that's the common sense solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad