Value of: Couturier to BOS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Not to derail, but I swear this was already a thread like 3 weeks ago with the same title.
I created one in the off-season and it was bumped last week I think.

The prevailing thought was "LOL he needs to be able to actually play plus that contract is an albatross".

But he's been good this year and on a decent cap hit given where cap hits are starting to go for top line centers.

I get the impression he and the flyers are on the same page with him staying in Philly for the veteran Prescence and on/off ice habits value. He also has a NMC.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Too bad for the salary but a guy I wanted in Blue and White before he was ever drafted. Used to get to watch him play as a 15 - 16 year old.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Not to derail, but I swear this was already a thread like 3 weeks ago with the same title.
Sorry, I did a quick scan but I find the search function on this site to be pretty useless.

And he still has the same NMC he had three weeks ago.
Sure, but they're made to be broken if both sides are game.

As a Flyers fan, could you answer the original 2 part question?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Sorry, I did a quick scan but I find the search function on this site to be pretty useless.

Sure, but they're made to be broken if both sides are game.

As a Flyers fan, could you answer the original 2 part question?

I can’t imagine that Briere / Torts would trade him. Plus rightfully so, they’d want positive value if they did. He fits what the team is doing. But nobody will give his value due to injuries and higher contract.

As a Flyers fan, I want a full rebuild. Too many garbage contacts and players. But they will never commit to it.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I'd accept a swap for a shorter term contract with a similar cap hit. A pick would be a cherry on top. Hard to bet on his health long term. A team closer to the finish line should bite that bullet.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I created one in the off-season and it was bumped last week I think.

The prevailing thought was "LOL he needs to be able to actually play plus that contract is an albatross".

But he's been good this year and on a decent cap hit given where cap hits are starting to go for top line centers.

I get the impression he and the flyers are on the same page with him staying in Philly for the veteran Prescence and on/off ice habits value. He also has a NMC.
The last sentence is the one that counts. If couts wants out it's his call. In a bubble he's worth plenty. In the world of contract nuance, he's worth whatever the highest price is on whatever shortlist he would have. Much akin to giroux, IF it happened, probably a cond. 1st, roster player, and a prospect. I can't imagine too much more purely based on his style of play+injury history+ 6 more yrs at 7.75.

Great player, but value is way less than what he would be worth at 100% due in large part to the risk associated with a back injury as a 30+ yr old player as well. Think Jake Gardiner.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Philly is looking to just get out from under that contract, I would offer Garland+Beauvillier+Myers for Couturier.

Myers and Beavillier can be flipped at the deadline for mid round picks. Myers in particular has a miniscule salary despite having a 6m cap hit. Both of them are expiring. On the Canucks, Garland plays on the 3rd line with little pp time. Philly can give him more opportunities to increase his value and trade him in the future.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Philly is looking to just get out from under that contract, I would offer Garland+Beauvillier+Myers for Couturier.

Myers and Beavillier can be flipped at the deadline for mid round picks. Myers in particular has a miniscule salary despite having a 6m cap hit. Both of them are expiring. On the Canucks, Garland plays on the 3rd line with little pp time. Philly can give him more opportunities to increase his value and trade him in the future.
They’re not dumping him

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Terrible for Philly

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

I think you misunderstood. Couturier is playing great and the year off should help his longevity too, provided he doesn't go down again.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Some information about his back issues that came out last month but I only saw yesterday.

An epidural gave him some comfort, but the pain returned once it wore off, and he had surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital on Feb. 11, 2022.

The expected three-month recovery ended the 2021-22 season for him, but more problems surfaced as he began to get ready for 2022-23.

"All summer I felt some discomfort in the glutes, nerve irritation," he said. "[Doctors] thought it was just post-surgery inflammation, that it would go away. It was never enough to really stop me from working out or skating, I was able to kind of do all that stuff. But I had to warm up extra. I would feel it a little bit when I was skating.

"When I started pushing pretty hard right before (training) camp, skating every day, I think I re-herniated it."

This time, Couturier traveled to the Carrell Clinic in Dallas, where Dr. Andrew Dossett asked him something unexpected.

"Right before the surgery he kind of just was like, 'Hey, have you ever had headaches and stuff?'" Couturier said. "And I was like, 'Yeah, at times working out.'"

The headaches were a symptom of a spinal fluid leak dating to his first surgery. The build-up of fluid had created a cyst that was causing the numbness and irritation in his back and glutes. So, when Dossett operated on Couturier on Oct. 27, 2022, not only did he have to repair the herniated disk, he also had to remove the cyst and plug the leak in Couturier's spinal cord.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
If couts went anywhere, I would like him to go to canucks, wild, or canes.

Canes…he would be a great fit there and him/steal would life hell for opposing scoring lines
Minny-they just need a center and couts+kaprisov would be nice
Canucks…move it Miller to wing and have a really good 2nd line

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
So far so good with what Boston has done internally with the center group. Coyle and Zacha are both on pace for 65 points and both Poitras and Beecher are doing good work as rookies in their assignments. Some of us want Hertl, who can slide in with Zacha and Pasta and either play the wing or center and really give Boston a great looking 1st line.
Seems like that would be more of a ...... Czeching line :naughty:

I'll leave.

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad