Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
It's why his hits matter and its why Rempe's hits matter. Despite the weird section of the fanbase that hates Rempe for some reason, they need size and physicality to beat a team that *checks notes* specializes in size and physicality. he and Wheeler should be in and if Lav doesnt do it when he has all these options on the chessboard, it would be a failure of the coaching staff.
I think in a series like this one.. the physicality can be a major factor... They NEED Trouba to total someone, and yes Rempe is cable of the same, but lets be real here... this kid doensn't have that much experience and he could very well take a 5m major and contribute to a loss. The concern over Rempe being in the lineup isn't based on hate... If he's not physical, he really doesn't contribute that much.

That said... i'd like to see him in the game.. playing physical and smart, along with Wheeler, who is a good fit for this series. Wheeler may have lost some of physical abilities, but he brings a high hockey IQ to the bottom six.

Reactions: skipmowerman

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Are people really calling out CHYTIL out of all players?

The guy who has played 1 game in the last 75 games after coming back from a bad concussion?

Yea lets just ignore Mika, Panarin, Kreider, Laf, Tro and Roso who did literally nothing yesterday.

He's not being called out by any stretch. But the reality is he's behind the play. The rangers need to play their best 12 for this opponent and at this stage Chytil isnt in it for me. Probably to be expected considering he has played 2 games in 6 months. The feel good story can be for when his name gets on the Cup in a month.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Panarin's not paid to be a skater. He's paid to score goals, and he hasn't done so since game 3 of the Carolina series. I'm too lazy to do the research but I bet most of those GWGs were on the PP.

He's not paid to score goals.

He is paid to get points and create scoring chances. He created a couple of chances last night. Most of the rest of the team created zero chances.

Reactions: McRanger92

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I need to put this out there as well but the in-game coverage from ESPN is an absolutely pathetic product. They show nothing going on between the whistles, no replays of anything, and the announcer McDonough just flat out doesnt know hockey. Mess and Pernell are good in the studio but once Ray and Sean start babbling it ruins the moment in these massive games. Clearly Emily got the message to sex it up with the see through dresses. She's comely but now shes trying way to hard (sorry @will1066 ).

If i was ESPN id throw a Brinks truck at Singh and deBrusk from Sportsnet. You can afford it.
ESPN is downright awful in their coverage. I had to mute it. God forbid they show an important play or a scoring chance again between whistles. I would take TNT 10 times out of 10 and that's saying something because I think they suck also.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He's not paid to score goals.

He is paid to get points and create scoring chances. He created a couple of chances last night. Most of the rest of the team created zero chances.

Outshot Florida 8-4 with Panarin line on the ice, the only line with a positive differential.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I need to put this out there as well but the in-game coverage from ESPN is an absolutely pathetic product. They show nothing going on between the whistles, no replays of anything, and the announcer McDonough just flat out doesnt know hockey. Mess and Pernell are good in the studio but once Ray and Sean start babbling it ruins the moment in these massive games. Clearly Emily got the message to sex it up with the see through dresses. She's comely but now shes trying way to hard (sorry @will1066 ).

If i was ESPN id throw a Brinks truck at Singh and deBrusk from Sportsnet. You can afford it.

The problem is that ESPN only wanted the NHL for the out of market package to drive subscriptions up for ESPN+. The coverage on ESPN/ABC is just a means to an end. And ESPN always hires from within with guys like McDonough, Wischusen, Levy, Buccigross, Monaco, and Bernstein. TNT is much better from a talent and production standpoint.

I mean last night the audio/video sync was off for the opening standup with Sean and Ray. Then ESPN loves to cutaway from the puck in play to show players arriving at their benches. Their audio mix was poor. And it's funny because for all the other sports their production is fine. But for three years they have continually leave something to be desired with the NHL.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The problem is that ESPN only wanted the NHL for the out of market package to drive subscriptions up for ESPN+. The coverage on ESPN/ABC is just a means to an end. And ESPN always hires from within with guys like McDonough, Wischusen, Levy, Buccigross, Monaco, and Bernstein. TNT is much better from a talent and production standpoint.

I mean last night the audio/video sync was off for the opening standup with Sean and Ray. Then ESPN loves to cutaway from the puck in play to show players arriving at their benches. Their audio mix was poor. And it's funny because for all the other sports their production is fine. But for three years they have continually leave something to be desired with the NHL.

The surprise 8:15 start for that sweet sweet ad money was a nice touch too.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Maybe I'm being too hard on Roslovic but I don't think Wheeler makes that line worse. If not there, put him on the 4th line. That line did nothing last night anyway. Move Cuylle back up. The bottom 6 could use some reshaping. They're just there at the moment. Need more of a spark from them.
Wheeler may not make it worse but I'm not sure he makes it better either, especially after not playing for a long time. Totally agree on the bottom 6. They have done very little.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Not a shocking loss by any means .Trade Miller for something that can hit and move guys around back there . Finish up the roster infilling . Go get Brady Tkachuk even if it means overpaying . Shesty might not be able to steal this one nor might we be able to match the Cat intensity level for more than a period or so as we don't have enough guys that want to play like that . You HAVE to have PRICKS in the lineup to play against other Pricks this time of year.....nice boys do not cut the mustard .

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Panarin had the highest on-ice xGF of anybody on the Rangers in game 1 and while he only had 1 SOG, he attempted 5.

The Panthers blocked a ton of shots and passes and all of it was very clean. As the series goes along, opportunities from broken plays will present themselves.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Wheeler may not make it worse but I'm not sure he makes it better either, especially after not playing for a long time. Totally agree on the bottom 6. They have done very little.
Vesey has been awful for a long time. Ill take Wheeler playing his offside over Vesey at this point. He's been as bad/worse than Wennberg.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not a shocking loss by any means .Trade Miller for something that can hit and move guys around back there . Finish up the roster infilling . Go get Brady Tkachuk even if it means overpaying . Shesty might not be able to steal this one nor might we be able to match the Cat intensity level for more than a period or so as we don't have enough guys that want to play like that . You HAVE to have PRICKS in the lineup to play against other Pricks this time of year.....nice boys do not cut the mustard .

No notes on this one Turk

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
The surprise 8:15 start for that sweet sweet ad money was a nice touch too.

And that too. They certainly didn't want to cut Sportscenter, that preceded game coverage by 30 minutes, to do a pregame show (like TNT). Then the game could have started at 8:07pm.

Plus I have always felt that since ESPN got the NHL back they feel the need to make it seem like now it's cool. It wasn't cool when we did without the NHL for 17 years, but since we got it back it's cool. Like we didn't watch it from 2004-2021. And we're going to have guys like John Buccigross tell me it's cool by using such great lingo as "twisted wrister". Get over yourself.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

ESPN producers couldn't spell hockey before they got the rights and you are 100% correct about it being all about ESPN+ subscriptions. Their game coverage and most of their on air talent is woeful.

• Haha
Reactions: yrrebbor

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
K'Andre with Fox. Many of us have been saying this for a calendar year.
the rest of the pairs go to shit then

I wouldn't mind to double shift KAM at some points in the game with Fox. Fox just needs to be better. I know he's not 100% but he is the one that has to carry the load with our d-group as constructed.

I've harped on it all year and going into the TDL... we needed to upgrade our LHD. Lindgren and Trouba are 'heart and soul' players but they are bad. Drury needs to cut bait and move on this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad