Post-Game Talk: Cougar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Actually, they could have won in OT. Also I love how shutouts are a team stat but when he plays well it's because he's the greatest goalie ever.

Rationalize it however you want but Igor is not the reason we lost last night but he is the reason we are currently talking about hockey and not the Mets.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I meant the hit was late in the game. It wasn't dirty but Mikkola knew what he was doing, and the Rangers should know what he was doing. Gotta come out with more juice next game and taking a pound of flesh should be part of it.
Mikkola plays the game hard, which is why I really liked him when he was here. I guess he could've let up, but Fil has to be smarter. The Rangers have bigger issues to worry about than that play.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Tkachuck is Tkachuk but i'll take Kreider over Bennett 11 times out of 10.
We're off topic now, never said I'd take Bennett over Kreider, I'm saying he doesn't hit like him, and thats just who he is. The quote I was replying to was that someone wanted him to run someone over, that's just not him.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I don't think it's a terrible idea to have Rempe in next game, especially if Lav is gonna play 6 forwards for the last half of the 3rd period. He'll light a fire under the teams ass. We made it much too easy for their players last game. Needed to be a bit meaner.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Of course you don't (smh).

I want to hear (really interested) how you don't count his primary assists in the Cane's clinching game.

I don't count what anyone did against Washington. But that said he went two of those games without registering a single point. He's gone five games without a point in the postseason including last night where he did some bullshit inside the blue line which led to the 1-0 goal.

I don't think when you put it in the context of A.) postseasons past, B.) the attitude and haircut coming into the season, C.) the historic regular season, that it's unreasonable of me or anyone to want more from our best player. The issue is, like always, he doesn't have the requisite time and space to do much 5v5. He is unable to create on his own and his center isn't helping create time and space for him either. It's practically like Marian Gaborik in the playoffs.

Artemi has had his moments no doubt. But he needs to do more. Maybe that's unfair of me to say. But I want more from him.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Mikkola plays the game hard, which is why I really like him when he was here. I guess he could've let up, but Fil has to be smarter. The Rangers have bigger issues to worry about than that play.

Chytil shouldnt be playing because he is not game ready for this ECF style. I love the guy but its a fact at this point and I care more about winning than some feel good story. He wouldve been much more useful against the Canes if he didnt get sick for games 4-6.

Reactions: Cygnus 2112

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
The Rangers had more high danger chances and some breakaways and hitting a couple of posts. It could have easily been tied. I'm not sure what you were watching. Florida didn't do much of anything either. They scored a soft 1st goal and then got a gift on the 2nd with 3 minutes to play.

I was watching a team that couldn’t make a normal pass for their lives, who wouldn’t put a shot on goal unless it was through the royal road, a team that was allergic to physicality, a team that was scared to get hit to make a play, a team that made awful giveaways, and a team that didn’t show up for each other.

Not sure how that isn’t dog shit rolled in more dog shit. That’s like saying the rangers devils game I went to last year that was 1-0 through 2 periods was close yet they played like dog shit and weren’t in the game period. This was the same thing

Reactions: BlaqICE

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Trouba was good in that game tbh

I was trying to point out that they got a bit of an emotional lift after the hit. This team's personality is even-keeled. They get commended for staying even-keeled when things are tough and when they're able to pull through. But they also get into lulls and need the occasional boost by one of their own players.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I love it. Anything good is on him, anything bad is a "team stat". Logic!

A shutout counts the same as a regular win so idk why that matters. Bobrovsky has 82 career playoff games, is a future hall of famer and didnt have his first playoff shutout until he was 34. He got his second yesterday.

Reactions: tiggles

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Chytil shouldnt be playing because he is not game ready for this ECF style. I love the guy but its a fact at this point and I care more about winning than some feel good story. He wouldve been much more useful against the Canes if he didnt get sick for games 4-6.
Totally agree. Never thought it was fair to put Fil in this position. He's basically going through training camp during the ECFs. Absurd to expect him to be in game shape or up to playoff speed.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I was trying to point out that they got a bit of an emotional lift after the hit. This team's personality is even-keeled. They get commended for staying even-keeled when things are tough and when they're able to pull through. But they also get into lulls and need the occasional boost by one of their own players.

It's why his hits matter and its why Rempe's hits matter. Despite the weird section of the fanbase that hates Rempe for some reason, they need size and physicality to beat a team that *checks notes* specializes in size and physicality. he and Wheeler should be in and if Lav doesnt do it when he has all these options on the chessboard, it would be a failure of the coaching staff.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A shutout counts the same as a regular win so idk why that matters. Bobrovsky has 82 career playoff games, is a future hall of famer and didnt have his first playoff shutout until he was 34. He got his second yesterday.

It matters because you want your goalie having a 60 minute effort once in a while. And it mattered last night because it was attainable and it would have resulted in a win rather than a loss. Also, Bobrovsky if I remember correctly wasn't much of a playoff performer until recently.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think I saw somewhere that when Panarin gets more than 3 SOG a game in the playoffs, He's put up points and the Rangers are undefeated.

When he has 3 or less? He's been blanked in every single game and they're 2-3.

I don't think he was really bad yesterday (hes had worse games) but his shooting hat needs to go on. TO on the first goal wasn't ideal but lets not lose sight of the fact that it was a goal that just can't go in at this level.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Totally agree. Never thought it was fair to put Fil in this position. He's basically going through training camp during the ECFs. Absurd to expect him to be in game shape or up to playoff speed.
these were my concerns the minute we heard he was cleared to play...in a perfect situation he brings speed and offense but not playing real hockey (let alone playoff hockey) since November is definitely a factor.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
It would be nice if Igor had some shutouts, but it's a luxury and not an expectation.

It would be nice if our bottom 6 could put the puck in the back of the net consistently, but it's a luxury and not an expectation.

The problems with this team are certain top forwards going ice cold for stretches 5v5 and our defense being completely unable to handle high-pressure forechecking teams. Those are the main issues. Let's not miss the forest for the trees nitpicking on the other things.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It matters because you want your goalie having a 60 minute effort once in a while. And it mattered last night because it was attainable and it would have resulted in a win rather than a loss. Also, Bobrovsky if I remember correctly wasn't much of a playoff performer until recently.

So the implication here is that Igor is a playoff performer? Also the bolded is not a guarantee, it just wouldve meant OT. Nobody brought their A game yesterday and we were right there. They'll all be much better tomorrow night.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I was watching a team that couldn’t make a normal pass for their lives, who wouldn’t put a shot on goal unless it was through the royal road, a team that was allergic to physicality, a team that was scared to get hit to make a play, a team that made awful giveaways, and a team that didn’t show up for each other.

Not sure how that isn’t dog shit rolled in more dog shit. That’s like saying the rangers devils game I went to last year that was 1-0 through 2 periods was close yet they played like dog shit and weren’t in the game period. This was the same thing
They can play better but they weren't scared to make a play and like I said they actually had the higher danger scoring chances. They just weren't crisp with their offensive game and some of that probably has to do with 5 days off. One of those pucks goes in and it's a different story. It was not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Every loss is the end of the world for some.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Btw you can’t hope for half assed short side bang in goals vs this goalie.
Bobrovsky is real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad