Where will Connor McDavid rank all-time by the time he retires?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where will Connor McDavid rank all-time by the time he retires?

• Total voters

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

Yeah, I'll go for 5th.
That's assuming people take him over Crosby when he retires.
I think it's crazy to take him over Howe. He needs to do a lot more, first.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Unfortunately McDavid didn't play in the 80's so he won't have the chance to finish #1 but he's already Top-5, just a matter of time (as some will refuse projection)

Reactions: Pig Papi

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Outside of top 10. Powerplay merchant who doesn’t play the game the right way, would be playing in Europe in the 80’s & will never win a cup. Game 7 Stanley cup final? There are 50+ players I’d take before him.
Top choice for game 7 of the SCF being Matt Rempe, obviously

Reactions: EdJovanovski

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
#6 after Sidney Crosby (a more complete player IMO).
arrested-development-will-arnett.gif

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
He’s going to be the first player to break 2000 points other than gretz and he’s got a good shot at a cup in his next game

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Som people count trophies, disregarding that there was no salary cap before and that the competition has never been harder. (Either internationally or in the NHL, many more countries - many more players)

In the old days, if you had great talent and trained 50% more than other players you could probably dominate them thoroughly.

Also, when you look at the old days everything looks way, way slower.

For me McDavid is clearly top 5 ever.

But since we can't test them out in a controlled experiment we can only speculate how the others would fare today and how we would rank them individually...

I see no point in getting upset about how others rank them .

Last edited:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Top 5, possibly number 4. Have a hard time dethroning Orr Gretz and Lemeuix. Would need a few cups and a few more individual awards to push higher.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
McDavids absolute floor is #5 alltime, but if we are being real he is far more likely to end up #2 than #5. It will take a major injury for him to only be 5th at the end of his career.

If the Oilers win on Monday, and especially if we get a signature McDavid performance, he will already be #2. The McDavid vs Gretzky debates will be real in a few years time. McDavid will have the greatest comeback in sports history alongside the best individual playoff performance in sports history on his resume. Once he is up to 5-6 Harts and 8 Rosses plus a few more playoff runs the debates will be real, book it.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
McDavids absolute floor is #5 alltime, but if we are being real he is far more likely to end up #2 than #5. It will take a major injury for him to only be 5th at the end of his career.

If the Oilers win on Monday, and especially if we get a signature McDavid performance, he will already be #2. The McDavid vs Gretzky debates will be real in a few years time. McDavid will have the greatest comeback in sports history alongside the best individual playoff performance in sports history on his resume. Once he is up to 5-6 Harts and 8 Rosses plus a few more playoff runs the debates will be real, book it.
Mario says hi. Its gonna take more than 1 cup to pass him.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

One cup and he is already ahead of Orr, Lemieux, and Howe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad